• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps I need to modify my rankings but I still see denial as a teir C team.

Teir A: CLG, EG, ALG
Teir B: RNG and liquid
Teir C: denial and the rest.

The way denial has been playing, they're ALG, EG tier. CLG is on a tier of their own.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The way denial has been playing, they're ALG, EG tier. CLG is on a tier of their own.

It's tough because I see allegiance as a team that can drop to anyone. Iirc, denial hasn't looked great in scrims. RNG is so hit and miss. I can see moving allegiance and denial both to teir b and it was just denials day to advance.

So,

Teir A, CLG, EG
Teir B, RNG, LIQUID, DENIAL, ALLEGIANCE
Teir C, optic, triggers pound, envyus, etc.

belushy

Banned
Tiers, eh?

Top Tier - CLG
2nd tier - EG, Allegiance
3rd tier - RNG, Denial, Liquid
4th tier - Triggers Pound
"How did they even get here" tier - Noble

Trup1aya

Perhaps I need to modify my rankings but I still see denial as a teir C team.

Teir A: CLG, EG, ALG
Teir B: RNG and liquid
Teir C: denial and the rest.

From what I've seen Denial's decision making is superior to RNG and Liquid.

I know the data sample is small, but I think the fact that they took down ALG and Liquid puts them in the elite class... Also, Their coaching has been phenominal.

On another note, I think it's time we stop trying to use scrims to determine how people will perform under pressure...

belushy

Banned
Not even sure if RNG belongs in the Liquid tier anymore :((

There's time to improve before Worlds though.

I would agree but remember that RNG was stomping on Liquid at X-Games and the last Qualifier. I think both teams are each other's kryptonite.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
It's tough because I see allegiance as a team that can drop to anyone. Iirc, denial hasn't looked great in scrims. RNG is so hit and miss. I can see moving allegiance and denial both to teir b and it was just denials day to advance.

Denial has been on a roll during this weekend. If this weekend wasn't a fluke at all for them, they're literally on a tier equivalent to ALG and EG. CLG though is a different story. They don't drop games.

op_ivy

Denial has been on a roll during this weekend. If this weekend wasn't a fluke at all for them, they're literally on a tier equivalent to ALG and EG. CLG though is a different story. They don't drop games.

They certainly shot up my own rankings. Such a new squad too. Huke has only been playing h5 for 2 months!? Jesus.

IHaveIce

Banned

Didn't they drop a game to Noble? But I agree of course, CLG is a tier of its own

BraXzy

They certainly shot up my own rankings. Such a new squad too. Huke has only been playing h5 for 2 months!? Jesus.

It's such a crazy stat. It's annoying though how people try to use it as an argument for "no skill gap", "CoD is better" smh.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't they drop a game to Noble? But I agree of course, CLG is a tier of its own

I honestly don't recall, but if they did, then dang. But CLG is still in a tier of their own. They are just so consistent.

op_ivy

I mean denial beat liquid and alg...

Right, the question is would they consistently do so? Scrims say no. Id currently place them in the same teir as in they are close teams but should get shit on by an upper teir team.

CLG is not a teir of their own. THEY JUST LOST TO EG AT XGAMES. I'd certainly say they are better than EG, but not hugely so.

Strider

Halo channel took down restrictions for caps and emotes guys
goodjob.gif

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Right, the question is would they consistently do so? Scrims say no. Id currently place them in the same teir as in they are close teams but should get shit on by an upper teir team.

CLG is not a teir of their own. THEY JUST LOST TO EG AT XGAMES. I'd certainly say they are better than EG, but not hugely so.

EG barely pulled the W. EG drops more games than CLG. CLG just RIPPED through EG. The best EG could do is tie a game. EG is so inconsistent. CLG is far more consistent. I don't even like CLG, but to think EG is on par with them is silly.

op_ivy

EG barely pulled the W. EG drops more games than CLG. CLG just RIPPED through EG. The best EG could do is tie a game. EG is so inconsistent. CLG is far more consistent. I don't even like CLG, but to think EG is on par with them is silly.

I don't think they are on par. I picked clg to win. CLG should win. But I wouldn't bet money against EG. So I place them in the same teir. I don't think liquid picks up a ton of games over renegades (audio issues aside) yet I put them in the same teir too. I suppose this is just arguing semantics with the teir talk, if I actually ranked the teams ID probably largely get agreement.

Lima

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Top Bottom