• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Thanks

Never played the MP too much. Really liked the campaign though.

Yeah, campaign was great, and no real balance issues there. MP was also very good (VERY good considering the platform), but if it were mainline Halo title we'd all be grumbling about its balance issues still today ;)

So no post-game medals in this update? At this point I have to assume that there is some major technical hurdle that 343 is having trouble with that is preventing them from getting this in the game. It's becoming really irritating. I want to see my damn medals.
I wish they would just say why it's taking so long rather than avoiding the question.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well I guess I'll be a bit late on the update because I forgot KI Season 3 and that's 21GB.

JackHerer

I wish they would just say why it's taking so long rather than avoiding the question.

Yeah, as much as I love H5 MP and have adjusted my views of 343 accordingly, they still tend to pull shady shit and I wish they would stop. They treat the fans like idiots sometimes, e.g. "all DLC free, most DLC ever" sustain plan BS where the reality is that more than half the content is stuff everyone expected the game to launch with.

It's taking them 6+ months to get medals in the game? Something's fishy here... Maybe they don't want to look inept (they're probably sensitive about this after MCC) by explaining that the way they built their UI was overly restrictive or something and is presenting a challenge for their programmers. Who the hell knows what their true reasoning is for ignoring the issue? We can only speculate. That's the kind of crap I'm talking about.

Dice

Reduced Boss Takedown damage requirement from 10% to 1%
Does this mean you only need to do 1% to be considered an assist on the takedown, or that only the person who attacks in the last 1% is counted as the one who took down and before it was 10% so multiple people got the credit sometimes?

IHaveIce

Banned
Does this mean you only need to do 1% to be considered an assist on the takedown, or that only the person who attacks in the last 1% is counted as the one who took down and before it was 10% so multiple people got the credit sometimes?

Good Question

Live April 14-18

Warzone Firefight is an ambitious new multiplayer mode coming to Halo 5: Guardians that stands primed to offer the biggest Halo cooperative experience ever in franchise history. In Warzone Firefight, up to eight players will work together to complete five rounds of increasingly difficult, dynamic objectives set against a timer to emerge victorious. Since its reveal, players all across the world have been chomping at the bit to get a taste of this evolved PvE experience, and now we’re happy to announce that from April 14-18, we’ll be offering all Halo 5: Guardians players a chance to do just that with our special Warzone Firefight Beta.

The five-day beta experience will see Spartan fireteams of up to 8 players battle against an onslaught of enemy AI on the Escape from A.R.C. Warzone map. You and your friends will tackle a new objective for each of the five rounds, with each task growing progressively more demanding along the way. And since the mode is a fully realized member of the Warzone family, players will have full access to their arsenal in the Halo 5: Guardians REQ system, letting you leverage your REQs in new ways against computer-controlled enemies. In addition, we will offer a brand new promotional pack – the Mythic Warzone REQ Pack – which will make it even easier for eager Spartans to unlock the most powerful REQs in the system.

Welcome to Warzone Firefight. You picked a helluva week to join up…

AW YISSSSSSS - i better beat quantum break before then!! STAT

Forge Weather Effects

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forge community continues to astound us with the incredible maps and play spaces carefully constructed since launch. With each update, Forge continues to grow and adapt to the needs of the community as a free service, and Ghosts of Meridian continues that philosophy. We’ve not only added many new pieces, and squashed some pesky bugs, but we’ve also added weather effects, a feature that has been on many Forger’s wish lists.

New weather effects include: Rain, Snow, Papers, Embers, Dust, and Motes

Add rain to your atmospheric Big Team Battle map, let it snow on your remake of Lockout, or immerse players in your post-apocalyptic city with embers that fill the night sky. We’re excited to see how these weather effects take your creations to the next level, and continue to surprise us. Forge on!

OOO weather. niiiiiiiice

EYEL1NER

Well I don't see anything bad in that update at all. I never used anything that got nerfed and didn't get into the geography or past map boundaries so I'm not affected by any of that. The buff to the Mantis armor makes me really wish I had any Mantises though. I don't know if my Xbone started the background download for the update while off or not yet, so I better go manually start it.

Spartan Company member showing in active roster and pinging is awesome.

^ yeah! That is sweet. easy to join up fellow HaloGaf members now.

They'll all block me though T_T .....

■With Speed Boost activated, Spartan Charging now kills upon impact

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!1

■Slightly reduced bloom for the Halo: CE Pistol

hehehehehe :>

■Improved readability of shields popping immediately after they begin to recharge

hmmmmmmm

E92 M3

Forge team has been KILLING it. Weather effects are a great touch and I wish more forge creations were incorporated into MM. There are so many cools maps that I want to play on.

Dice

Don't see any note about no longer spawning you off the side of that cliff on Stormbreak. One time it happened to me and 3 other teammates at once.

Fixed a bug with Advanced Sensors’ speed threshold that caused players to show up on radar in some cases where they were not moving at Sprint/Thrust speed or faster
I thought this happened to me on a couple assassination attempts. Glad to know I'm not crazy.

I can have friends now.

lol too many kappas

Still no post game medals though. I will continue to bitch about this until it's implemented. Maybe in Memories of Reach they'll adopt Reach's superior UI.

Top Bottom