• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

also, I just got a rocket launcher certification. wth does that mean? is it that i now can spawn a rocket launcher in warzone if I have a card for it or something?

Simply means you'll get them more plentifully in REQ packs. There are certifications for most weapon types.

I was just going to ask when it comes out, i missed the stream. I know what i doing tonight.

Tomorrow's/today's update is a new Warzone and Arena map, new REQs, and forge improvements (at least, that's all they showed on the stream). As always, they showcased a teaser for the next update, showing Infection and a Torque remix, plus some Reach armours.

i've been getting into H5 in the last few days. A few questions:

Any good way to get/farm req points? I know i get packs for leveling up and also from getting daily victories in arena and warzone but I was wondering if there was an easy way to get them that I'm ignoring. So far, I just hold off on spending my points until i get 10k for a gold pack.

also, I just got a rocket launcher certification. wth does that mean? is it that i now can spawn a rocket launcher in warzone if I have a card for it or something?

A good way to farm req points is to play Warzone Assault. It's the quickest way to net 1,300 RP points win or lose. Of course, winning will grant you more.

Rule for packs is to go through the teirs. First finish the Bronze packs until you start received Req Points back. Then move into silvers and purchase until you receive RP back and etc for Gold.

Certifications mean you will start to receive that card more often in your packs. Kind of checks a box off of your collection. You can only use that rocket launcher if you have the amount of energy needed to call it in at a Req station. You won't spawn with it everytime automatically. there a one time use per req you choose for power weapons/power ups/vehicles.

So if you have 5 Req Cards of a Rocket Launcher, you can use/spawn with it 5 times. Granted you have enough energy when you visit a Req Station or going through the Req menu before you Spawn.

Hope i made sense. Sometimes i feel like i talk as if im a cave man. Hootin and hollering at the wall paintings and hoping everyone understands me. :p

i've been getting into H5 in the last few days. A few questions:

Any good way to get/farm req points? I know i get packs for leveling up and also from getting daily victories in arena and warzone but I was wondering if there was an easy way to get them that I'm ignoring. So far, I just hold off on spending my points until i get 10k for a gold pack.

The most efficient way to earn all the REQs is to buy silver packs until you've completed everything up through Rares. You get two permanent unlocks per pack. Warzone Assault rewards the most amount of points per minute (usually).

Certifications allow you to unlock more REQs of that type in future packs. You can use these in Warzone and Warzone Assault.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
very nice. New WZ map was really needed.
I say just replace Escape from ARC with the new map. Stupid ARC is only half as good as the others but shows up more often for me. Even 30% more than March on Stormbreak. Then in WA I haven't played much but it gave me 4 on Summit, 3 on Array, none on the other two.

Akai__

Hmm I really want some of that reach armor. Do I save my arena packs for next month? ��

You mean this month since we are getting 2 updates this month. According to that Xbox Wire article, that people mentioned.

I hope todays updates releases at 9am PT again, but the REQ's will probably release like 5 hours afterwards again, so it kinda doesn't matter. Just need the patchnotes, changelogs, etc.

Also, today they will announce the Firefight release date and maybe even some other stuff. Who knows.

Ryde3

just skimmed through the stream - did they show off the arena map at all? The Warzone map looks cool, so do the new Hannibal vehicles.

Did I hear them correctly, does the update come out today??

Edit. I hadn't refreshed, just saw everyone's posts - #w00t new maps!

A good way to farm req points is to play Warzone Assault. It's the quickest way to net 1,300 RP points win or lose. Of course, winning will grant you more.

Rule for packs is to go through the teirs. First finish the Bronze packs until you start received Req Points back. Then move into silvers and purchase until you receive RP back and etc for Gold.

Certifications mean you will start to receive that card more often in your packs. Kind of checks a box off of your collection. You can only use that rocket launcher if you have the amount of energy needed to call it in at a Req station. You won't spawn with it everytime automatically. there a one time use per req you choose for power weapons/power ups/vehicles.

So if you have 5 Req Cards of a Rocket Launcher, you can use/spawn with it 5 times. Granted you have enough energy when you visit a Req Station or going through the Req menu before you Spawn.

Hope i made sense. Sometimes i feel like i talk as if im a cave man. Hootin and hollering at the wall paintings and hoping everyone understands me. :p

It does, except...

The most efficient way to earn all the REQs is to buy silver packs until you've completed everything up through Rares. You get two permanent unlocks per pack. Warzone Assault rewards the most amount of points per minute (usually).

Certifications allow you to unlock more REQs of that type in future packs. You can use these in Warzone and Warzone Assault.
so I shouldn't save until a gold pack...but should i invest instead in silver or bronze packs? Which of the two should i focus on?

Note that i've only opened gold packs in my many hours of play so I don't know if that changes the answer at all.

EYEL1NER

I know I saw some people mention how many REQ points they needed to get the new stuff after the update today but does anyone have any advice for someone who just started silvers within the last week? Do I keep going with silvers or adjust focus back to bronze until I have gotten the new common unlocks from that and then revert to silvers again after?

It does, except...

so I shouldn't save until a gold pack...but should i invest instead in silver or bronze packs? Which of the two should i focus on?

Note that i've only opened gold packs in my many hours of play so I don't know if that changes the answer at all.

BRONZE PACK 1250 RP
Bronze REQ Packs contain Common REQs with a chance at a permanent unlock

SILVER PACK 5000 RP
Silver REQ Packs contain Common to Rare REQs. 2 REQs will be permanent unlocks, if available.

Up to you how you want to spend your RP points.

I got you fam.

Part 1 @9min
Part 2

Thanks guys :)

Ramirez

Diamond 2 in Team Arena, shocked it was that high. At least half of my games were against teams (same gamer tags) and 2 games had quitters.

Tashi, Frankie, Ellis, whoever else reads this thread. You guys have to give solo players a break man, either a playlist or stricter party matching. There's really no excuse this far into the game.

jfoul

I know I saw some people mention how many REQ points they needed to get the new stuff after the update today but does anyone have any advice for someone who just started silvers within the last week? Do I keep going with silvers or adjust focus back to bronze until I have gotten the new common unlocks from that and then revert to silvers again after?

Go back to Bronze and unlock the new REQs. You can see how many REQs were added to common/uncommon by going to your collection.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot to post this earlier, but for those who got a faulty Spartan Armory pack, here's info for you: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/Spartan-Armory-req-bundle. Be sure to check your XBL messages as well.

What was your favorite part of the stream today?

Liked the map reveals.

Like others have said, they need to work out the audio issues and streamline things a bit more.

As an aside, even with the complaining we do sometimes, not having to get a season pass with all the content drops is fantastic.

Probably been asked, but why did Bravo not cap that flag to win the game @2:45 instead of crouching next to it for like 1 minute before dying? Just wanted to make the game last longer to show more footage or...

I was thinking the same thing. LOL "OMG BRAVO" just cap it. wtf?!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think it is definitely best to go through with Bronze packs first. They seem to generally have the same unlocking rate for the upfront pack cost, but with sellback value, you get like 50% more, and if you keep the boost cards you'll get more packs from leveling up faster.

Diamond 2 in Team Arena, shocked it was that high. At least half of my games were against teams (same gamer tags) and 2 games had quitters.

Tashi, Frankie, Ellis, whoever else reads this thread. You guys have to give solo players a break man, either a playlist or stricter party matching. There's really no excuse this far into the game.
I have just accepted getting rekt by the Onyx players who seem to always be there (because they are probably simply logged in and playing more often than others) but more often getting matched with others my level would actually give me a reason to go through my qualifying matches.

jfoul

Totally agree.

I think some of these ideas, or all would be great for solo players.
  • Lone Wolves playlist
  • Toggle/Option to match against solo players and avoid teams
  • Mercy quit or vote if players quit and teams are uneven
  • No ban penalty for quitting if players already quit
  • RP/XP bonus for playing consecutive games

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to see a Lone Wolves playlist, or at least give us an option/toggle to match against solo players only.

I also think if players quit on your team we shouldn't get penalized for quitting as well. It's lame as hell for either side to play through it. Just give us a mercy quit or vote option. I think this game could also use RP/XP bonus for playing through consecutive games.

Yeah, would be nice to have more ways to gain RP and XP.

Totally agree.

Some good ideas for solo players.

• Lone Wolves playlist
  • Toggle/Option to match against solo players and avoid teams
  • Mercy quit or vote if players quit and teams are uneven
  • No ban penalty for quitting if players already quit
  • RP/XP bonus for playing consecutive games

Should be multiple quitters allows the free quit: people will always game a system if the punishment is too lenient.

jfoul

Should be multiple quitters allows the free quit: people will always game a system if the punishment is too lenient.

Yeah, something like 4v2, or 4v1. I'm totally fine 4v3, or both sides having quitters if the teams are still even. I definitely think we need both punishment and reward rules in place.

343i also needs to consider new players getting stomped on in placement matches by teams. This game is already a hard sell to new players.

Stick with silvers. The reqs you'll save from switching back to bronze for a possibility of getting uncommon will be trivial with so few reqs imo. You'll need to open 11 silver packs.

Tawpgun

^^^^^

Probably wouldn't work. Teams of 4 would just rotate who quits last to avoid penalties.

Aye, which is what I meant by having more than one quitter - i.e. 2 at minimum then allows the 'free quit'.

Even then, you could cycle it. It's why '343 just do this' posts (see: toggles in matchmaking, followed by complaints about slow matchmaking) often seem a bit off to me. Not this one though, as I think jfoul made good points - surrender option would be the better method.

I'd personally just buy Silver. I've had times when I've bought like 5 bronze packs in a row and gotten zero permanent unlocks. Not worth it to me.

jfoul

This game needs customization and REQ UI additions.

• Customization loadouts like Killer instinct
  • Search filter by rarity
  • Search filter by alphabet letter
  • Going left on req screen brings you to the end of your collection
  • Sell multiple reqs at once (Hold X)

I'd personally just buy Silver. I've had times when I've bought like 5 bronze packs in a row and gotten zero permanent unlocks. Not worth it to me.

well i just opened 5 Bronze packs and managed to get one pack with zero unlocks, one pack with a new mongoose variant (which might as well be a zero unlock pack), the shotty common unlock (finally!), storm combine unlock (okay), and a new helmet.

Not so bad but, yeah, the lack of a guaranteed unlock is a bit of a bummer.

JackHerer

So no post-game medals in this update? At this point I have to assume that there is some major technical hurdle that 343 is having trouble with that is preventing them from getting this in the game. It's becoming really irritating. I want to see my damn medals.

well i just opened 5 Bronze packs and managed to get one pack with zero unlocks, one pack with a new mongoose variant (which might as well be a zero unlock pack), the shotty common unlock (finally!), storm combine unlock (okay), and a new helmet.

Not so bad but, yeah, the lack of a guaranteed unlock is a bit of a bummer.

Seems like you got 4 unlocks for 7.5k REQ points buying bronze packs where you would have only been able to statistically get 3 if you bought silver packs, so not too bad in this instance.

BraXzy

Infection is coming. Is this real life?

82% sure I'm still dreaming.

Was there any mention of UI stuff this patch? Bravo always teases stuff he's seeing going on behind the scenes and UI always gets a nod. We had the triangle markers on top players a while back but not much since.

Seems like you got 4 unlocks for 7.5k REQ points buying bronze packs where you would have only been able to statistically get 3 if you bought silver packs, so not too bad in this instance.

true, but anytime i got a bad unlock or no unlocks i was pretty bummed out. I see why folks would save up for at least a silver pack now that I've had a few bronze packs that left me feeling like nothing was gained.

still, at least im not holding till gold anymore. rather just get unlocks ASAP so silvers seem the safest bet at half the price

true, but anytime i got a bad unlock or no unlocks i was pretty bummed out. I see why folks would save up for at least a silver pack now that I've had a few bronze packs that left me feeling like nothing was gained.

still, at least im not holding till gold anymore. rather just get unlocks ASAP so silvers seem the safest bet at half the price

trust me, finish the bronze first. your going to be unlocking shit otherwise for a more expensive price

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Playing HW on BC brings home to me just how great the game was/is, but also how the MP is in serious need of a good rework: too easy to win with certain combos/tactics.

Thanks

Never played the MP too much. Really liked the campaign though.

Top Bottom