• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Welp, getting dusted pretty hard in these placement matches.
That was me yesterday and the day before. I finally accepted my destiny is in gold tier. Had some good arena placement games and only placed gold 4. Had some bad slayer placement games and placed gold 3.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: I want that helmet nau!
6uT02Xq.jpg

Glass

Just gotten up here in the EU, Infection is coming next month, patch drops today, Naded joins Optic....what a time to be awake.

Really excited to see the customization people can do with infection. Also want to see if there will only be one map with the reach update or will bring a map from reach, but so far the ice torque maps looks interesting and for the most part torque isn't that bad and only compliant I've seen is the strong lighting.

Sorry party bros, had to just straight up quit that last game of the night after the third time I got shot by you guys when I had camo (leading directly to my death every time).

You fuckers need to bitch a little bit less and get some goddamn awareness a little bit more. Fucking annoying to listen to all night. The moment you have to actually try against a team, just non-stop bitching.

Now that I got that off of my chest, got a few sick clips for you guys:

Pretty tricksy triple kill

Oh, an overkill now?

And finally, FUNKNOWN's wet dream: A clip of 7 CE Pistol kills in a row, including 6 Perfects and a Killtac

Sorry party bros, had to just straight up quit that last game of the night after the third time I got shot by you guys when I had camo (leading directly to my death every time).

You fuckers need to bitch a little bit less and get some goddamn awareness a little bit more. Fucking annoying to listen to all night. The moment you have to actually try against a team, just non-stop bitching.

Now that I got that off of my chest, got a few sick clips for you guys:

Pretty tricksy triple kill

Oh, an overkill now?

And finally, FUNKNOWN's wet dream: A clip of 7 CE Pistol kills in a row, including 6 Perfects and a Killtac

At least I know it wasn't me this time lol

Akai__

What was your favorite part of the stream today?

Oh there were a coupple:

- The audio issues for the 20th time now.
- Playing Grifball on Stream.
- Playing that Ground Pound map to 50 kills.
- Playing that UFO map and screwing up the gametype.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah Akai is right, Tashi.

I really love the idea to communicate with the community more; I like the idea doing it through streams; I like the content update approach and I really liked the new maps and weapons

BUT:
-The audio issues were embarassing, it went for 2 hours without a proper fix.
- stop teasing things in live streams and reveal them through written articles, do it the other way around.
-Don't play funny customs in their full length on stream
-Don't and I mean it, don't ever again let every person on stream play the game if he is not able anymore to cast the stream, there were a couple of minutes with just silence or bogus talk about different stuff.
-why the hell were those warzone funny kill clips repeated 3 times over and over? I mean it was not from a different angle or slower or anything.

I dont even care for the mini games, but it is amateur hour in audioville at 343. I stopped watching because of this.

Every. Bloody. Stream.

Sort it.

singhr1

I dont even care for the mini games, but it is amateur hour in audioville at 343. I stopped watching because of this.

Every. Bloody. Stream.

Sort it.

Which is pretty embarrassing for coming off something as complicated as HCS events including HWC, which had few issues overall. Obviously they have other A/V guys there as hosts of the space but man the experience difference between the two was substantial yesterday.

The last few streams were ok but yesterdays was... woof.

I have a tip for the next live stream... Learn how to play the game!

I just watched this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ1-bpObRqk
And bravo didn't cap the flag for the win, I thought he knew a thing or two about H5 considering be cast and all.

Map looks cool, hopefully it plays ok.

Don't expect great competitive gameplay when people are trying to talk about other things and play at the same time, it's really hard. There was one point where Brav asked Quinn a question and Quinn just kept repeating the question to give him time to play and think before coming up with an answer. I think most people can relate.

singhr1

He was right next to the capture point!
I'm thinking he thought his flag was away but it was home.

I was screaming at the screen :)

Ha, yeah.. so was I. There was also a point were he was capturing a stronghold but decided to push towards a 2v1 and got annihilated. Not really thinking :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just had a whole game of WA where it just said "Retrieving data..." and wouldn't let me REQ anything. We made it almost to the end so I feel like we might have won if it had let me.

I'm not having any issues with setting up custom games, what sort of problems are you having?

Might be the same problem I have where it won't load maps or game types up and just stick to the previous chosen map/game type. This is what kills my fun when I try playing customs with friends and hopefully gets fixed when the update rolls next month.

Might be the same problem I have where it won't load maps or game types up and just stick to the previous chosen map/game type. This is what kills my fun when I try playing customs with friends and hopefully gets fixed when the update rolls next month.

The only problem I have in customs is the weird, apparently by design, quirk of needing to select a 343 'core' gametype followed by a custom mode that builds off that core.

Breakout match 4-4 elimination round 1v3

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/CodeEvo666/video/16363111

My whole team was screaming

Nice one man, is a great feeling! I would say you took a massive risk with the hunkering down in that spot, but it paid off!

i've been getting into H5 in the last few days. A few questions:

Any good way to get/farm req points? I know i get packs for leveling up and also from getting daily victories in arena and warzone but I was wondering if there was an easy way to get them that I'm ignoring. So far, I just hold off on spending my points until i get 10k for a gold pack.

also, I just got a rocket launcher certification. wth does that mean? is it that i now can spawn a rocket launcher in warzone if I have a card for it or something?

Strider

i've been getting into H5 in the last few days. A few questions:

Any good way to get/farm req points?

I wouldn't say there is a good way to "farm" them but the fastest way to get RP is to play Warzone Assault. Games are usually short and in general you earn more RP in Warzone modes.

also, I just got a rocket launcher certification. wth does that mean? is it that i now can spawn a rocket launcher in warzone if I have a card for it or something?

Yes.

Top Bottom