• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Cranster

Banned
The "No Witnesses" achievement is glitched for me. No matter how many times I blow up the Phantom at the Covenant camp the achievement never unlocks.

Arena matchmaking is so shitty and it's never going to get fixed. If they knew how to fix it, they would have done so already. I'm tired of quitters, I'm tired of shit maps, and I'm tired of playing teams constantly. It's even worse when you have to play them multiple times in a row. If I back out and try to wait then I'll get not enough players to support this playlist. The whole thing is a joke.

Trup1aya

Man, I been playing with a screwed up right stick for about a month. Finally decided to take the controller apart and fix it. Now my aim is actually worse!!! I guess I got used to compensating, now I have to unlearn.

I got like five First Strikes this morning. I'm helping!

Getting it on Eden is so easy if you spawn red. Dumbasses never blow up the barrels by the sniper. Sometimes I even get a double kill doing it.

lol there is a BTB pistol starts thread on Waypoint. It's going to happen!

Trup1aya

I really want to help with the ground vehicle commendation...

BTB is a chore with BR starts, and WZFF has replaced WZA as my warm up...

Can we PLEASE get a BTB pistol start weekend or something?!?!?!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
There is a new forge map in arena slayer, right? Must have played 15+ matches yesterday and never saw it. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, there were several maps that never showed up in rotation. But I got to play a lot of torque and riptide!

There is a new forge map in arena slayer, right? Must have played 15+ matches yesterday and never saw it. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, there were several maps that never showed up in rotation. But I got to play a lot of torque and riptide!

Yeah, it's called White Cell. I have like 30 games played this season and I've only gotten it 2-3 times.

Here's an image, it's actually a pretty map!

maxresdefault.jpg

Trup1aya

I really want to help with the ground vehicle commendation...

BTB is a chore with BR starts, and WZFF has replaced WZA as my warm up...

Can we PLEASE get a BTB pistol start weekend or something?!?!?!

Tawpgun

I hate arena mm but I can't seem to stop playing it....

Slayer, Why you do this to me?
I need an arena MMR reset.

I had my tryhard pants on at launch and now I only match with really good players.

Most fun I have in arena is playing with low ranked friends because the matches are better

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
MATCHMAKING!

I'm now 5 games in firefight this morning, none of which my team has managed to clear the 3rd round, several ending at the 2nd. Fucking morans everywhere.

Akai__

Anyone knows a good font to use on the OT?

˙ʇıɥs looɔ ʎʇʇǝɹd s,ʇı ǝsnɐɔǝq 'sıɥʇ ǝʞıl ǝʇıɹʍ plnoʍ I

ᴼʳ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ, ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᵃᶫˢᵒ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ᶜᵒᵒᶫ⋅

˙ʇıɥs looɔ ʎʇʇǝɹd s,ʇı ǝsnɐɔǝq 'sıɥʇ ǝʞıl ǝʇıɹʍ plnoʍ I

ᴼʳ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ, ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᵃᶫˢᵒ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ᶜᵒᵒᶫ⋅

I could scan my letter though

-Ryn

Banned
Yeah, because projectile weapons on a P2P connection was great.
BTB didn't fix the terrible starting weapons and sluggish movement. :p

I can still look back fondly on Halo 3's multiplayer because of the nice 'n varied selection of maps. Good times were had during the HaloGAF Customs back then.
Variety and sweet custom love were the big guns of Halo 3.

I think BTB in Halo 3 felt great. It had some glaring flaws for sure, however I think it nailed the feel of large scale vehicular fun. The maps all had a lot going for them and the sandbox was varied enough that you would see all kinds of interesting plays on the battlefield.

Well seeing as how Halo 3 was a worse version of Halo 2, I'm hoping Halo 6 isn't a downgrade from Halo 5. BTB with the H3 BR was not fun a lot of the time, especially on a spotty connection.

How cool would it be though if H6 was an expansion to H5 that came with a title update to tweak some things while adding new content, like dev-made BTB maps.
I've heard great stuff about H2's multiplayer days. Never got to play it unfortunately so I can't say much on that.

It would be great if Halo 6 kept the core Halo 5 gameplay intact while overhauling stuff like the sandbox and vehicle combat. Vehicles need to feel important again; at the moment they feel more like a death trap rather than a game changing tool. This could be in part due to how quickly you can traverse the maps on foot though. What I'd really like to see is some more variety in vehicles again. Bring back stuff the Falcon and Chopper instead of another hovercraft. The Prototype suit would be an amazing addition since all of its abilities are pretty much amped versions of the core Halo 5 abilities.

LTTP, but I haven't played Halo in years, don't have an Xbone but a good PC. Is the Halo 5 stuff coming to PC just Forge tools and a browser to download custom games onto an Xbone, or is this an actual, you-can-play-Halo 5-multiplayer-on-PC thing?

FyreWulff

LTTP, but I haven't played Halo in years, don't have an Xbone but a good PC. Is the Halo 5 stuff coming to PC just Forge tools and a browser to download custom games onto an Xbone, or is this an actual, you-can-play-Halo 5-multiplayer-on-PC thing?

You can play customs on every Halo 5 multiplayer map

Trup1aya

I see. I avoid the playlist because i wanted to avoid Riptide, overgrowth and molten, but I guess there's no reason to jump in now.

I watched Vetoed play on that map and it looks better than any of the DLC we've gotten so far.

Could play action sack...

Or not play BTB solo for a change...

Yeah action sack is how I've been doing my contribution lately. I wish BTB had better settings though, because it would be a prime way to tackle all of them.

This is stupid, and the comments are worse. bunch'a Halo 3 jackoffs whining that 2007 is over.

343i sucks
I miss real Halo
I want Bungie to make Halo
343i killed the franchise
Halo dad

Halo 3 is honestly one of the worst Halo games, yet people act like it's the pinnacle of the series. Slow ass movement, shit FoV, useless weapons, shit fuck BR, and a bunch of other issues. The campaign was good and so were the maps in multiplayer. I like Halo 3, but it has not aged well at all.

jem0208

343i sucks
I miss real Halo
I want Bungie to make Halo
343i killed the franchise
Halo dad

Halo 3 is honestly one of the worst Halo games, yet people act like it's the pinnacle of the series. Slow ass movement, shit FoV, useless weapons, shit fuck BR, and a bunch of other issues. The campaign was good and so were the maps in multiplayer. I like Halo 3, but it has not aged well at all.

You say that but we got:

Snowbound, Isolation, Epitaph, Blackout, Construct etc...

-Ryn

Banned
Halo 3 made up for its shit BR and slow ass movement with pure stupid fun in custom games and a nice variety of choices in matchmaking. Good times.

Top Bottom