• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Top Gungoose achievement

Kz3ZGQ.gif

Random17

The Top Gungoose achievement is awful, please remove it. Unless I'm missing something, looking at the way the Gungoose fires, this achievement will be incredibly difficult without boosting.

The Speedrun references are awesome, though.

AlStrong

I think the obvious choice would be the chief.

Although I think I'd take the Arbiter over the chief any day.

Joe Staten as a Grunt! :p

Changeable voice, like Reach Firefight had (or Dota 2, or UT as you say)?
Johnson announcer would be great.

Like Reach Firefight, that was a nice option. (oops)

I think Quake had a rather raunchy female alternative, kinda cringe worthy but a few are good.

Ha, for all that I played Firefight (a lot) I don't even recall that option.

UT had choices of

Classic UT99
UT2K3
UT2K4 male (updated UT99, deep voice)
UT2k4 female (English accent?)
UT2k4's female sexy

Pretty sure UTIII added a couple more, but I didn't really play.

The 343 one is fine, those viral achievements spread easily.

The MP ones.. we've been down this alley before. I am sadly not surprised.
I love the speed running ones though.

Havok

The multiplayer achievements are pretty disappointing. The previous "complete" list was a good sign, this inspires less confidence.

Eminent Domain in particular is just encouraging people to play Territories in a way that runs counter to the "correct" way to play that gametype - control 2 and predict spawns, easy win. You're just asking for trouble holding 3. Many of the rest just encourage people to grind out specific behaviors, so enjoy backpacking a bunch of people going for achievements instead of...well, playing the game.

Ein Bear

Multiplayer achievements are so damn terrible. When IGN revealed the initial list, I really thought that 343 understood... That thread was full of people commenting on what a good move it was, whilst I don't remember a single person asking for multiplayer achievements.

Multiplayer achievements are so damn terrible. When IGN revealed the initial list, I really thought that 343 understood... That thread was full of people commenting on what a good move it was, whilst I don't remember a single person asking for multiplayer achievements.

They had to spoil the goodwill somehow, it's in their nature. That hijack 5 vehicles in a single game one is going to absolutely cripple BTB games for a while.

Some of those achievements that are being added are what we were praising 343 for NOT including. :/

Edit: Someone pretty much already said this.

ninja edit: The MP achievements, besides the airborne gungoose and the hijack five vehicles in a game aren't too difficult. You should get them throughout your online career.

Madness

Man, and we thought finally 343 is learning and did something not even Bungie did and that was removing any bullshit matchmaking achievements. But nope, here they are. It's like two steps forward, one step back all the time.

On an unrelated note, it's crazy how I've never given my billing address to Microsoft, never used a credit card, but they somehow have a billing address tied to my account. They completely got my address and phone number wrong, so whoever put it on my account had no clue.

Cow

Why are you guys hating on these achievements?
Achievements by themselves don't even matter. They all look good to me.

Fuchsdh

Really liked that the H2A conductor mentioned the "Space Irish" violins. They lost that in the Halo 3 OST, and it's why the H: CEA rendition of the main theme is my favorite in the series.

MouldyK

I'm not mad, i'm just disappointed.

I was going to find a picture for that, but instead I found this:

heartbreak-quotes-heartbreak-quotes-on-tumblr-31273.jpg

This also works for 343 Industries.

EDIT; "attached" is spelt wrong in this...Tumblr posts at their finest!

Ein Bear

Because even if you don't care about the achievements, multiplayer is going to be full of people who do. I'm shuddering at the thought of how many people are going to be fucking around on Gungooses (Gun...Geese?) trying to get that achievement instead of playing the game properly.

danwarb

Because even if you don't care about the achievements, multiplayer is going to be full of people who do. I'm shuddering at the thought of how many people are going to be fucking around on Gungooses (Gun...Geese?) trying to get that achievement instead of playing the game properly.

They'll do it in the Gungander gametype or whatever it's called.

How did this get past QA?

Also I missed the part of the IGN stream that showed that you can't actually customize your multiplayer Spartan's armor in Halo 3 and 4, you just pick from the full armor sets and can't mix and match AND the DLC armor isn't even in the collection.
The fuck 343? Shit better get patched.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Also I missed the part of the IGN stream that showed that you can't actually customize your multiplayer Spartan's armor in Halo 3 and 4, you just pick from the full armor sets and can't mix and match AND the DLC armor isn't even in the collection.
Holy shit is this true?

RoKKeR

How did this get past QA?

Yeah I'm not cool with this. I want to customize my Halo 3 armor.

Gnj2l7a.gif

But I need my Security helmet + Security shoulders + Hayabusa/sword torso come onnnn

DJ Gunner

It better fuckin be.

People seriously get this bent over not being able to do something like wear helmet A with chestpiece B?

And regarding MP achievements- it's almost as if every MP game released since 2006 hasn't had these or something. I don't recall the sky falling in H3 or Reach MP due to achievements, but maybe I'm missing something....

gAg CruSh3r

Yeah I'm not cool with this. I want to customize my Halo 3 armor.

WHT? You can't customize your armor? That's really lame. I don't want to feel greedy because of how much they are giving me but it would be awesome to see a patch so you can customize your Spartan.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
People seriously get this bent over not being able to do something like wear helmet A with chestpiece B?
Condescending statement aside given that the entire collection is a celebration of halo nostalgia i'm sure many people would like to be able to fully recreate their spartans from the 360 games.

Of course I hope this is included in the 20gb patch.

Madness

Do you even remember playing Halo multiplayer, especially when achievements are announced on new map packs? Entire matches are ruined by morons going for them. This usually goes on for weeks to months. I know, because I used to be one of those morons. Forget playing the game, helping my team, when I could be trying to jump a warthog through a mancanon and getting an aerial splatter double kill etc. Just because we no longer care about achievements, doesn't mean there won't be thousands of achievement whores spending the entire match going for them.

Seriously, I thought we were past them. They impact MP so much. Anything beyond get 200 total kills type achievements, or win 50 matches always negatively impact MP. These aren't as obnoxious but even still.

DJ Gunner

Condescending statement aside given that the entire collection is a celebration of halo nostalgia i'm sure many people would like to be able to fully recreate their spartans from the 360 games.

Of course I hope this is included in the 20gb patch.

I get that, I'm just in constant amazement at the complete lack of flexibility when we're getting so much else. This is right up there with the "campaign scoring readout doesn't warp with MC's HUD" complaint. I guess I need a steady diet of salt to fit in here.

Top Bottom