• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Halo CE customs look as janky as I feared. Inconsistent shot registration among all the different players in the game. Boarding Action was a good test for the long range registration of the Pistol and Sniper, it wasn't as smooth as I was hoping. Not surprised, but still a bummer, hopefully it gets cleaned up and MM doesn't have these issues.

I don't know man I've seen some streams where it is really bad and other streams where its actually really good I have a feeling it just depends on who's host

Halo CE customs look as janky as I feared. Inconsistent shot registration among all the different players in the game. Boarding Action was a good test for the long range registration of the Pistol and Sniper, it wasn't as smooth as I was hoping. Not surprised, but still a bummer, hopefully it gets cleaned up and MM doesn't have these issues.

Don't worry bro, we've had p2p for ten years and it's been alright, customs will be fine.

All that fuss about the over powered magnum and I don't think I've seen a single three shot across both streams, lol.

Also steel drum hit conf has to go.

I don't know man I've seen some streams where it is really bad and other streams where its actually really good I have a feeling it just depends on who's host

I watched an Australian reviewer streaming Halo the other day while playing with Americans... the player pools are too small right now for latency to be anything but terrible.

Overdoziz

Banned
How can make any judgement based purely off of a bunch of screenshots?

Beyond maybe the aesthetics.
It's honestly not that hard to judge a map to a certain extend based on screenshots. Look at pretty much any Halo 4 map that isn't Haven and you can tell it's poop straight from a butt.

FyreWulff

Is their any australian streams with vehicles involved?

I want to see what happens when a vehicle is launched under latency, and how close it is to Halo PC

I could tell if they upped the datarate or not

matthieuC

Has everyone here had the 15gb patch download? Mine still hasn't downloaded or is that normal?
You might have it without knowing it. For some reason I had to go to the "Manage Game" option when the game was selected to see the full size (59 gigs). If I were to just view the game like normal, it would only say 45 gb.

MouldyK

Polygon states that Multiplayer drops to 30 on Split-screen when Anniversary Mode is on Halo 1 or 2, but does anyone know how Online Splitscreen is yet?

I know Halo 4 Forge Maps in Online Multiplayer chugged BADLY.

Madness

Polygon states that Multiplayer drops to 30 on Split-screen when Anniversary Mode is on Halo 1 or 2, but does anyone know how Online Splitscreen is yet?

But, but it's only a few frame drops I heard, something that won't be noticed, that this is to be expected from consoles. I knew split screen would be hammered if single player isn't locked 60, but damn. 30fps? There are probably going to be hundreds of thousands to probably a million people who still split screen multiplayer and coop campaign.

Onikaan

Has everyone here had the 15gb patch download? Mine still hasn't downloaded or is that normal?

Try this.

Go to Settings>Power & Start Up>Untick Auto Update Dl's and Purchases - Change instant on to power saver and shut the console down.

Power on>Settings>Power & Start Up>Turn Instant on back on and tick Auto Update again> Hold down power button for 5 seconds.

Then leave your console off for 15 mins. Power back on and it should either be done, or have started it. Depending on Download speeds etc etc.

Worked for me after 48 hours of not having the update. (I actually believe it's a display error on the data management side, but not 100% sure)

danwarb

Arthur Gies @aegies (also, the day one patch def fixed more than MP. addressed weird framerate bug with CE/CE anniversary where it would keep dipping to 30.)

He's Polygon right? Did the update affect split-screen framerate at all?

MouldyK

But, but it's only a few frame drops I heard, something that won't be noticed, that this is to be expected from consoles. I knew split screen would be hammered if single player isn't locked 60, but damn. 30fps? There are probably going to be hundreds of thousands to probably a million people who still split screen multiplayer and coop campaign.

Here:

Other complaints are small, but may be a bigger issue for some. Split-screen multiplayer is present in every game, but Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 both drop to 30 frames per second with their Anniversary modes enabled.

He's Polygon right? Did the update affect split-screen framerate at all?

I don't know, reviewers ain't telling us the things that matter!

Tawpgun

Halo CE on the Internet is different then you remember from LAN?

Honestly, we should wait until Halo 5 beta until we even start "feeling" something. They have made it clear on what direction they want to emphasize for Halo. 343 certainly knows what we prefer (at least on HaloGaf, they obviously lurk here from time to time).

I think it's only fair to let them do their thing, but be keep our guard up.
Were that the case, they wouldn't be with 343. Many of them are talented individuals, if they wanted to create a non Halo game, I'm sure they could start their own developer studio. 343 is made up of Halo fans. They want to keep Halo fun and relevant without it straying too far. Freaking out over rumors and then claiming they just want to make other games but can't is pretty stupid.
I know HaloGAF loves salt, but can we hold off on it until we actually see the gameplay.

I mean getting salty about a translated rumour from an Italian site which contains information which has been confirmed as false is a bit silly when we're getting actual gameplay in 3 days.

This is just... why would anyone, ever, ever join a studio formed specifically to make Halo if they didn't want to make Halo? Their vision of the game may be different than yours, but it doesn't mean they're trying to make anything but a Halo game.
Haha come on guys. I was just joining in on the festivities. I'm not that upset and do agree that we really can't say much of anything until we actually see and play Halo 5 for ourselves. I'm just throwing some crazy conspiracy theories into the pot. And it was more a random observational thought from way out in left field any how. Frankie don't hunt me down 8)

OT: Saw Interstellar. Gonna take a while to figure out whether I really liked it or thought it was just okay.

belushy

Banned
I'm really excited to see what gets created with the new scripting options specifically.

I was watching a stream earlier and noticed that you can use trait zones and scripting together, so I had an idea for an air lock.

Honestly I even more excited for Zombies maps. There is going to be some cool levels involving opening/closing doors and stuff.

Im going to rework one of my big team maps that i made in Reach. Having switches and a huge variety of nature pieces is going to make for some really detailed maps.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Im going to rework one of my big team maps that i made in Reach. Having switches and a huge variety of nature pieces is going to make for some really detailed maps.
Hopefully by December (if not earlier) we can get some of the maps yall come up with in the rotation for HaloGAF customs. Can't wait to see what you all do with the new stuff.

Hopefully by December (if not earlier) we can get some of the maps yall come up with in the rotation for HaloGAF customs. Can't wait to see what you all do with the new stuff.

Ive got a week to make a map then because I'm going to the states for a little over a month on the 18th.
Unless I can get an early access code... Dreams are free

Welfare

So many maps I can make now without limitations of previous games.

It'll be glorious!

antigoon

I'm actually...not that disappointed by this halo 5 stuff. I dunno. I'll reserve judgment until I try the beta. I guess I kinda always figured we'd be getting some wacky new stuff. I'm not gonna throw it under the bus just yet.
but I've got a bus idling outside just in case

FyreWulff

Everyone was 1 or 2 AFAIK. Looks like they have played less than 5 games so this is not surprising.

sounds about right. got my DNS fixed.

Did we ever find out if Halo 3 / 4 maps are the latest versions, or the shipping versions?

Also, I never see anyone stream Uplift. Uplift is the only map in the MCC that will have needler ammo pickups on it.

Top Bottom