• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

http://www.twitch.tv/teambeyondnet

Matchmaking is now working properly!

tumblr_n6qnp4aCDM1r8ap8yo3_500.gif

sounds about right. got my DNS fixed.

Did we ever find out if Halo 3 / 4 maps are the latest versions, or the shipping versions?

Also, I never see anyone stream Uplift. Uplift is the only map in the MCC that will have needler ammo pickups on it.

Watched a guy streaming Halo 3 earlier and Guardian still had the flare on it.

Try this.

Go to Settings>Power & Start Up>Untick Auto Update Dl's and Purchases - Change instant on to power saver and shut the console down.

Power on>Settings>Power & Start Up>Turn Instant on back on and tick Auto Update again> Hold down power button for 5 seconds.

Then leave your console off for 15 mins. Power back on and it should either be done, or have started it. Depending on Download speeds etc etc.

Worked for me after 48 hours of not having the update. (I actually believe it's a display error on the data management side, but not 100% sure)

Thanks for the replies about the patch. I just did this and like you say must be a display error as it now says 59.1GB so all is good!

FatMarshall

Neo Member
They probably figured they'd get trolled.

They've been getting "trolled" about Halo 4 for two years straight.

Only fair, they trolled the fanbase with Halo 4

And it figuratively turned them into the boy who cried wolf. If Halo 5 is anything like Halo 4, at all, nobody will trust 343i. Hell, few people do now, including me.

Judgement day on Monday. I'm not getting rused again.

Sooo folks this will be my first venture into any Halo title and I was just curious if MP is where it's at with Halo games? Knowing nothing about the Halo series I am a complete noob.

I only ask I never play the SP component of any game and only focus on MP so I just wanted to see if it's likely to remain pretty popular until Halo 5 or is it something that people get over pretty quickly. I know I am missing a lot by not touching SP but I am basing my purchase on the longevity of the MP. Is it like CoD games where online is really the go-to mode?

Thanks in advance :)

Sooo folks this will be my first venture into any Halo title and I was just curious if MP is where it's at with Halo games? Knowing nothing about the Halo series I am a complete noob.

I only ask I never play the SP component of any game and only focus on MP so I just wanted to see if it's likely to remain pretty popular until Halo 5 or is it something that people get over pretty quickly. I know I am missing a lot by not touching SP but I am basing my purchase on the longevity of the MP. Is it like CoD games where online is really the go-to mode?

Halo is... a fucking SP powerhouse. while MP is the longevity, SP is equally as important. nothing like CoD where the Single Player means dick all with a throw away MP.

GrizzNKev

Banned

Since Halo is a quality series, every mode is the go-to mode. Campaign is awesome alone or in coop - there's the greatest game music of all time, top tier AI and encounter design, and an incredible story to follow. Matchmaking in the Halo games is the best there ever was, forge is definitely worth a look even if you're not creative, and infinite fun can be had with custom games.

The longevity of the fanbase depends on the quality of the game. 4's population didn't last because it deviated too heavily from the Halo we all liked to play. This game will last a while since the original trilogy are all playable online.

Halo's matchmaking features a ranking system which is very different from Call of Duty, which depends only on winning and losing. If you win, your rank goes up. If you lose, your rank goes down. Each increase in rank requires more wins. Find a team, get good, and win.

CliQ

I only ask I never play the SP component of any game and only focus on MP so I just wanted to see if it's likely to remain pretty popular until Halo 5 or is it something that people get over pretty quickly. I know I am missing a lot by not touching SP but I am
basing my purchase on the longevity of the MP. Is it like CoD games where online is really the go-to mode?

Do yourself a favor and play all the campaigns first. Get used to the guns. MP will destroy your fun if you truly never played any Halo.

Defect

The campaigns are worth playing alone or with friends, but MP is what you'll be playing for years.

Thanks for the response guys. I am definitely keen on playing the SP mode but the MP is what sells me on games and with CoD: AW being absolute shit (server wise) I am tempted to return it and grab this.

I think I've been swayed to jump in!!!

GrizzNKev

Banned
Thanks for the response guys. I am definitely keen on playing the SP mode but the MP is what sells me on games and with CoD: AW being absolute shit (server wise) I am tempted to return it and grab this.

I think I've been swayed to jump in!!!

Do it. This series is a hell of a lot deeper and more engaging than Call of Duty, and we might not look it but we're a bit more mature and friendly than CoD fans.

FatMarshall

Neo Member

Halo: The Master Chief Collection's multiplayer experience, so long as 343 Industries properly maintains it by adjusting playlists and fixing concerning issues, will remain extremely popular until Halo 5: Guardians, at the very least. In fact, I would bet a large sum that Halo: tMCC will remain in the #1 spot on Xbox Live on Xbox One until Halo 5 is released.

In addition, definitely play the single player. There are cool incentives like player cards, achievements, etc., and you can even play with your friends! That's something CoD's story modes don't offer.

This game is worth every single penny, even more-so to new players like yourself. Hell, we Halo fans have purchased all of these games already, but we still consider this a huge thing. It's much more beneficial to newer users.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection's multiplayer experience, so long as 343 Industries properly maintains it by adjusting playlists and fixing concerning issues, will remain extremely popular until Halo 5: Guardians, at the very least. In fact, I would bet a large sum that Halo: tMCC will remain in the #1 spot on Xbox Live on Xbox One until Halo 5 is released.

In addition, definitely play the single player. There are cool incentives like player cards, achievements, etc., and you can even play with your friends! That's something CoD's story modes don't offer.

This game is worth every single penny, even more-so to new players like yourself. Hell, we Halo fans have purchased all of these games already, but we still consider this a huge thing. It's much more beneficial to newer users.

Awesome mate, thanks. I am going to head down to pre-order it now ;)

Top Bottom