• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, schedule permitting, I'm planning on hosting another HaloGAF Testing sesh at roughly 6:30 CST / 7:30 EST tomorrow (Sunday) and making it either a weekly or bi-weekly thing. I personally have nothing to test, but if there are incomplete maps / gametypes / etc people want players to give them a hand with, this'll be the time to show them off. I'm not expecting it to be as long as a usual game night (probably just an hour or two), and it'll vary depending on demand with how many people need things tested.

-Ryn

Banned
Highlight of the TGAs.
I've gotta give that medal to either Bloodborne or No Mans Sky. Legend of Zelda would be a contender if it had shown some direct feed but as cool as the map reveal was, it was a tad underwhelming. Still looks amazing though.

Bloodborne is probably the winner imo. Seeing how much speed there will be in the game made my jaw drop.

I'm back. close call though.
Good to hear you made.
I should invest in a coffee maker. I'm just so damn poor.

Booshka

I've gotta give that medal to either Bloodborne or No Mans Sky. Legend of Zelda would be a contender if it had shown some direct feed but as cool as the map reveal was, it was a tad underwhelming. Still looks amazing though.

Bloodborne is probably the winner imo. Seeing how much speed there will be in the game made my jaw drop.

Good to hear you made.
I should invest in a coffee maker. I'm just so damn poor.

Ya Bloodborne looking to be as fast and smooth as Demon's Souls, even faster maybe. So pumped for that game, just hope the framerate is stable and the netcode is good upon Release. If it's done right, I'll be playing it for years.

Rev3rb

Small update on patch next week:

12.6 11:45 AM Update

Our upcoming content update will address parties, custom games, stability, and more, and continues to remain on track for delivery early next week.

CliQ

f48TPfm.jpg

***MCC Throwdown is tonight at 10pm EST***

Your votes have been counted and next Saturday we will be in Halo 3! Multiflag CTF on Avalanche will be center stage.

If you want to play in this weeks match send me a PM with your GT or add me on XBL (GT - xCliQuEx). I'm starting to get a feel for making teams balanced so this weekend should be really close!

In case you missed it here are the highlights from this past weekend.

See you on the battlefield!

-Ryn

Banned
Ya Bloodborne looking to be as fast and smooth as Demon's Souls, even faster maybe. So pumped for that game, just hope the framerate is stable and the netcode is good upon Release. If it's done right, I'll be playing it for years.
Seriously having a high speed yet challenging and punishing game with Souls style mechanics is one of my dream games. I can not wait to play this. As long as the framerate and net code are stable I think we will be fine.

I'm interested in how they plan to handle co op as well. I hope that it's more integrated into the experience. Though I also hope that single player is still as good as ever. Too many games these days sacrifice the single player for multiplayer junk.

--

No Man's Sky: What Destiny should've been

This game looks incredible. Just... holy shit.

Halo

-Ryn

Banned
Especially if you like texture pop in on a galactic scale.

Gameplay still remains shallow and uninteresting from what they have shown.
It's literally the game being built around you. Supposedly once you've discovered the area it won't be a problem.

As for the gameplay, it's an entire universe for you to explore. That alone is amazing. There is more to it though that they haven't gone over in the trailers. There will be an actual "gameplay" session tonight though.

You should do one cap for the Throwdown and rotate between several maps/gametypes. Personally, I find it more exciting to get more games in over one long game, which is why I dislike 100 kills for BTB (depending on sandbox), 5 caps for CTF, 250 for KOTH, etc.

Either way, I'll try to make it tonight. There better be a Warthog though because I don't plan on shooting weapons ;]

EDIT:
No Man's Sky: What Destiny should've been

This game looks incredible. Just... holy shit.
Would have preferred Destiny to travel down this route and just axe multiplayer altogether. Focus on the co-op and expand the universe/playable spaces.

-Ryn

Banned
Would have preferred Destiny to travel down this route and just axe multiplayer altogether. Focus on the co-op and expand the universe/playable spaces.
I would've been complety fine with this.
If it meant we got something even close to what No Man's Sky is doing with only the 3-4 planets Destiny has I would've been fine with them completely destroying the crucible. Co Op and interesting missions with vast exploitable worlds.

--

0i3Al.jpg

I like the art style... but I don't think I could take a full game of it. I can feel my retinas burning.

Plus having so many planets or whatever means nothing if there's little substance to them. The concept is nice but I don't think they're going to pull it off.

My big concern is motivation. It looks huge, but unless there's some sort of objective I can't see myself spending much time with it. Do we know if there'll be a story or something?

VinFTW about to get Junior'd or banned again if he keeps up this junk.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=946819

Well... looking over it, he's not wrong. The TL;DR section sums up my thoughts on insider leaks pretty well. Though, I'm a bit more lenient; I'll get hyped, but I rarely get super down when it turns out to be nothing.

But other than that, I kind of agree.

CliQ

You should do one cap for the Throwdown and rotate between several maps/gametypes. Personally, I find it more exciting to get more games in over one long game, which is why I dislike 100 kills for BTB (depending on sandbox), 5 caps for CTF, 250 for KOTH, etc.

Either way, I'll try to make it tonight. There better be a Warthog though because I don't plan on shooting weapons ;]

Hogs, ghosts, and maybe a hornet. ;)

-Ryn

Banned
I like the art style... but I don't think I could take a full game of it. I can feel my retinas burning.

Plus having so many planets or whatever means nothing if there's little substance to them. The concept is nice but I don't think they're going to pull it off.
Essentially 10% of the planets are actually "habitable". The rest are extremely hostile environments. So there will probably be a nice contrast. I can understand the skepticism though. The scale of this thing is insane.

Essentially it's a shared universe and as everyone discovers and names planets the universe will open up. There's also resources you need to gather so you can explore and many species to categorize. I think it's safe to say there will be no shortage of dick jokes.

My big concern is motivation. It looks huge, but unless there's some sort of objective I can't see myself spending much time with it. Do we know if there'll be a story or something?
GameInformer 30 minute behind the scenes

As far as story is concerned apparently there is some kind of plot or background to the universe.

The objective of the game is to get to the center of the galaxy. Though you don't have to. From what I've heard it's sort of like Dark Souls in that there is something going on and you can choose how invested you want to be. If you're interested in the story and that kind of stuff you can go look for it but of not the game won't force you to know.

TCKaos

Hey, so I'm making a video about my Rhetoric of Documentaries class about the recent state of Halo. If anyone wants to have a small voice clip in feel free to send something my way via PM. Vocaroo preferred.

Talking about:
  • State of the Metagame
  • Lead up to Halo 4's launch and release
  • 14 day try and play
  • The flood of tie-ins and expanded fiction
  • The MCC and everything that entailed
  • All of the Halo 5 stuff and what that entails

Feel free to send specific thoughts or general sentiment. B-Roll footage of donging would be cool, too, but I have some of that.

RowdyReverb

Agreed. It'd be fun to do 1 or 2 round CTF matches on rotating H3 maps. Could get some Sand Trap, Pit, and Valhalla CTF in that way. Hope we can get a good turn out

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
finally checking out MCC. not having a huge amount of issues finding games, but holy shit is the lag bad in this! landing shots is tough - somethings up.

CliQ

f48TPfm.jpg

***MCC Throwdown is tonight at 10pm EST***

I will have the party open around 930pm EST. If you want to play my GT is xCliQuEx. Feel free to add me or send a message and i'll try to get you in if we have space.

In case you missed it here are the highlights from this past weekend.

All campaigns finished on Legendary.

I...

Playing them all back to back I think I like Halo 2 and 4 more than Halo 1. Halo 3 is clearly the best from a gameplay standpoint.

Also damn is Halo 4 pretty.

All campaigns finished on Legendary.

I...

Playing them all back to back I think I like Halo 2 and 4 more than Halo 1. Halo 3 is clearly the best from a gameplay standpoint.

Also damn is Halo 4 pretty.

Halo 2's legendary kinda gets ruined by how outright bullshit the encounters are. I'd rank them 3 > 1 > 4 > 2.

Omni

Snipers aren't a big deal in Halo 2, IMO. Never really had a problem with them. They spawn in the same spots every time and are relatively easy to headshot

Snipers aren't a big deal in Halo 2, IMO. Never really had a problem with them. They spawn in the same spots every time and are relatively easy to headshot

"What if you miss?"

EDIT: on a related note, playing with Aim Assist disabled in the CEA / H2A campaigns thanks to the Eyepatch Skull is pretty fun. Completely different game in H2A's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom