• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love Sidewinder/Avalanche, I might miss tonight's customs. I'm watching a movie with my gf that should get done about an hour after customs start.

So if they're still going at 10C/11E or so, sure I'll jump in.

it isnt using dedicated servers currently? CE seems most affected. also, <3 halo 3. really nice to play these games again

When you connect to a match, usually a "connecting to dedicated server" message shows on the bottom right corner, during the black screen. Recent patches have helped slightly for some players, but they're still not connecting with all the bugs. Like I said, I'm hoping the next patch or two helps stabilize the game enough to consistently connect to dedis.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
replaying CE and I really miss the CE warthog and especially the grenade chain reaction explosions - which often lead to hilarity (frustrating hilarity sometimes).

Nowise10

Is MCC fixed yet?

Wouldn't mind be able to actually play the game on a weekend some time soon.

Im playing right now with a friend, and Matchmaking times are acceptable most of the times. Parties dont get kicked out either at the end of matches anymore. Biggest issue is literally every match the teams are uneven.

And then an unrelated problem is im sick of playing with guest on my team, or the enemy team, as 99% of the time they are clueless.

CliQ

Ok my Throwdown lobby is open. If you would rather spectate tonight's matches you can watch it at twitch.tv/cliqtv

Nowise10

I'd like to post again saying since my last post, I havent been able to find a match and me and my friend got kicked out of the party and we had to restart the game to get us to join back together.

HTupolev

Is MCC fixed yet?

Wouldn't mind be able to actually play the game on a weekend some time soon.
Matching times are better than they were at first, but sometimes still terrible.
Games sometimes still fail to start properly.
Backing out of matchmaking still sometimes takes a really long time for no apparent reason.
Games are still regularly uneven.
It's still sometimes very difficult to join a party.
The game still regularly breaks parties apart after games (or even before games in the form of weird MM system desynchronization, as happened to me last night, after which point I wasn't able to rejoin my friends at all for the rest of the evening).
The game still occasionally joins people into parties for no reason.

In my experience, MCC is still catastrophically broken.

VinFTW

So about dat "good" week...

edit: I will say, the game def is working now, just need to limit the amount of crashes and get that uneven teams patch early next week

just wanna hear about this compensation

darthbob

Matching times are better than they were at first, but sometimes still terrible.
Games sometimes still fail to start properly.
Backing out of matchmaking still sometimes takes a really long time for no apparent reason.
Games are still regularly uneven.
It's still sometimes very difficult to join a party.
The game still regularly breaks parties apart after games (or even before games in the form of weird MM system desynchronization, as happened to me last night, after which point I wasn't able to rejoin my friends at all for the rest of the evening).
The game still occasionally joins people into parties for no reason.

In my experience, MCC is still catastrophically broken.

Is SP still having issues like with the 'Untracked Build' error?

Magni

That netcode... I don't think I killed anyone who wasn't already one shot that game, none of my shots would land. It's hilarious how obvious it is when a game isn't on dedis (or when I'm not host).

Also, fuck having to force quit this game after every game.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Nevermind, strategy prevailed lol, but then it crashes.

Halo 3 vehicles are too fun.

Nice driving dude. :D

That netcode... I don't think I killed anyone who wasn't already one shot that game, none of my shots would land. It's hilarious how obvious it is when a game isn't on dedis (or when I'm not host).

Also, fuck having to force quit this game after every game.

I had to lead shots very far ahead to hit.

CliQ

So I found out that you can't do Halo 3 BTB custom games.

The game tries to find the best host and reorganizes the party to join the new host and splits everyone up into random lobbies.

does anyone know where i can find overheads of halo 1-3 btb maps with weapon spawn location?

overhead_chillout.jpg

Madness

does anyone know where i can find overheads of halo 1-3 btb maps with weapon spawn location?

overhead_chillout.jpg

I don't know if there is any universal place that has them for Halo 1-3. I know for Reach a site did them for all maps.

Here is one for Longshore. I also think a big problem is that weapon spawns are/can be changed, so most tend to just have callout locations or overhead views only.

longshore.jpg

GrizzNKev

Banned
Thanks for the customs, was getting tired. We probably would have played 5 times as many games if it actually worked correctly instead of exploding the party like 20 times. :|

Fuchsdh

From the TrueAchievements leaderboards for MCC:

Fi7Bt9c.png

Someone's been busy. :)

Played two games of multiplayer for the first time. Things were fun, took a really long time to get into the games. Still plowing through all the single player stuff, though. When you think about it, Halo really has a boatload of collectibles for an FPS.

CliQ

The theme of tonight's throwdown was "Crashes." As I said good night to everyone to put an end to night my game freezes and makes the loudest noise and then sends me to dashboard. Fitting.

Anyway i'll try and gather what footage there is and hopefully have some highlights for everyone.

CliQ

I definitely remember being on the receiving end of this. I didn't know the seeking rockets were so aggressive

I was in the gunner of that rocket. Man it was a suprise, oh Halo 2 rockets....

So I've learned that Halo 2 Ann. is pretty good choice for everyone in terms of lag. One Flag on Stonetown is pretty fun. I'm going to head into forge and work on the spawns on that map tomorrow. If anyone wants to help me with them that would be great. I want to make that map a staple for every Throwdown. It's becoming a classic.

I think it's time we bring in forge maps for the Throwdown.

Akai__

Those HCE spawns. Classic. GG tonight. Will need to do it again soon.

CE has the worst spawns ever. I'm either spawning in the middle of combat, right next to enemies or I'm getting naded before I even spawn. Doesn't help that CE has the worst netcode...

I seriously hope they are tweaking gametypes and maps, after this patching stuff is over and the game finally works.

Aww man,I would've loved to join the throwdown. Sorry I missed that. I had no luck loading anything last night. Not one game, and I used every trick in the book.

But ill certainly be on later today if anyone wants to play a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom