• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
I need setting fixes ASAP

-Bloodline out of the 4v4 playlist.
-Spawns on all Anniversary maps reviewed and fixed.
- BRStart gametypes in ranked
-Limit grenade pickup or nerf them
-Give us the better versions of maps in H3.
-No SMG gametypes in Halo 2 classic, hell even Bungie admitted it was wrong

From yesterday:
No Man's Sky: What Destiny should've been

This game looks incredible. Just... holy shit.
Those planets have stupidly thin atmospheres. It takes like 2 seconds to get to the surface. And of course, all of the space ships handle like in atmosphere fighter jets. Near the beginning of the trailer, the ships in our view pull a manuever that would just straight up kill all occupants. Maybe it's just me, but that would just break my immersion every time.

Karl2177

From yesterday:

Those planets have stupidly thin atmospheres. It takes like 2 seconds to get to the surface. And of course, all of the space ships handle like in atmosphere fighter jets. Near the beginning of the trailer, the ships in our view pull a manuever that would just straight up kill all occupants. Maybe it's just me, but that would just break my immersion every time.

That's just you. If I died everytime entering or exiting atmo, because I didn't do it the scientific way, I'd be pissed.

Overdoziz

Banned
From yesterday:

christ

dwells

Eagerly awaiting some new infos on the Halo 5 Beta. I mean ... The Beta starts in 3 weeks.

I'd like to see them delay it. Put it on hold until this game is in tip top shape, I don't care if that means it gets delayed until June. The people who bought this game shouldn't suffer so they can work on their new game.

Ghazi

It'll be the most awkward thing ever if MCC becomes a glorified H5 beta portal. Man, everyone will see where their priorities were.

I played the game at a friend's house the other day and got into two matches over the course of half an hour. Really frustrating stuff :(

RowdyReverb

I was wondering how that gauss hog got up there lol. Also, I appreciated that none of you guys super bounced on top of the buildings in Headlong. I hate that it matchmaking.

Btw, I'd like to see a playlist devoted to the statistically least-popular maps in the collection. I feel like there are so many maps to explore, but I'll only ever see a subsegment of them because of the overwhelming popularity of some of the others.

It'll be the most awkward thing ever if MCC becomes a glorified H5 beta portal. Man, everyone will see where there priorities were.

I played the game at a friend's house the other day and got into two matches over the course of half an hour. Really frustrating stuff :(

that is essentially what it is. the MCC is this generation's Crackdown 1.

klodeckel

Banned
I'd like to see them delay it. Put it on hold until this game is in tip top shape, I don't care if that means it gets delayed until June. The people who bought this game shouldn't suffer so they can work on their new game.

I hope they don't delay the Beta as I am really looking forward to it.

klodeckel

Banned
I'd rather they fix the beta they already released before they have us do free more free labor and beta test another game for them.

Well, MCC is working pretty solid for me (excluding Big Team Battle) so I look forward to try something new. It's still far away from a perfect experience, but I can play & find games regulary right now. The Halo 5 Beta is part of the whole MCC package and they advertised it - delaying it would just be wrong. I also don't think this is a "rather this or this" situation since I personally expect the H5 Beta to run pretty well. It's just a different situation if you do your game completely in-house or divide a project to 7 different studios. In the end it's the 343 logo that is printed on the game and I understand that they are responsible for this project - the situation on both projects still is not compareable. I think it's an amazing opportunity to help shaping such a big game 11 months ahead of its release. You can spin it like you just did - or you can see it more positive and say they are allowing us to really help them in developing this next multiplayer component.

Well, MCC is working pretty solid for me (excluding Big Team Battle) so I look forward to try something new. It's still far away from a perfect experience, but I can play & find games regulary right now. The Halo 5 Beta is part of the whole MCC package and they advertised it - delaying it would just be wrong. I also don't think this is a "rather this or this" situation since I personally expect the H5 Beta to run pretty well. It's just a different situation if you do your game completely in-house or divide a project to 7 different studios. In the end it's the 343 logo that is printed on the game and I understand that they are responsible for this project - the situation on both projects still is not compareable. I think it's an amazing opportunity to help shaping such a big game 11 months ahead of its release. You can spin it like you just did - or you can see it more positive and say they are allowing us to really help them in developing this next multiplayer component.

except for ADS or Sprint or getting Toggles for anything.

RowdyReverb

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm finding matches pretty fast, but the two games I've gotten into have aborted before even starting. :-(

CliQ

So, what do you guys think about having 1 Flag on Stonetown every weekend? I think it's been some of the most fun for everyone. I'm going to tweak the spawns and add a second loadout with a Carbine for people looking for a single shot weapon.

Also, we can't do Halo 3 customs with 16 people the game just wants to change hosts and splits us all up. So we are stuck with H4, H2A/C, and H1. Anyone here good at Forge? We could use some good H2A Forge maps focused on 8v8 combat.

RowdyReverb

I'm finding matches pretty fast, but the two games I've gotten into have aborted before even starting. :-(
Better before than during. But yeah, MM has been much better since the patch, aside from BTB (what's up with that?). Hopefully they can fix parties, customs, and team balancing in this week's patch as they claim. I think it would actually be a serviceable game at that point. The rest of the multiplayer issues they need to fix don't impact functionality, just gameplay (except for the random crashing).

So, what do you guys think about having 1 Flag on Stonetown every weekend? I think it's been some of the most fun for everyone. I'm going to tweak the spawns and add a second loadout with a Carbine for people looking for a single shot weapon.

Also, we can't do Halo 3 customs with 16 people the game just wants to change hosts and splits us all up. So we are stuck with H4, H2A/C, and H1. Anyone here good at Forge? We could use some good H2A Forge maps focused on 8v8 combat.

Stonetown was pretty great last night, so I wouldn't mind. Forge maps in H2A will be a must moving forward. It's a really great game, but is starved for more big maps. I think we should give H3 another shot after this week's patch since "parties, custom games, stability, and more" are supposed to be addressed. I was really looking forward to Avalanche CTF.

CliQ

Stonetown was pretty great last night, so I wouldn't mind. Forge maps in H2A will be a must moving forward. It's a really great game, but is starved for more big maps. I think we should give H3 another shot after this week's patch since "parties, custom games, stability, and more" are supposed to be addressed. I was really looking forward to Avalanche CTF.

I was really looking forward to Avalanche as well. If they can fix the parties breaking up and all that non sense that would be a huge step forward. I honestly think it's more important than fixing matchmaking.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I keep finding games quickly in ranked H2A ans TS but his game is so frustrating, host advantage has never been this huge....

Most of the time someone too far away is the host and hits are not registering properly and grenades take some time to be thrown. Ennemies kill me with two or three visible BR shots, but me, if it looks like I hit them 5 of 6 times with the BR and even an grenade, they even can't lose their shield.

Some rare times I'm the host and I can really see it, I can kill players very quicly and grenades are thrown right away and finish games with 20+ frags because it's too easy.

Come on promised dedicated servers, where are you ??

Welfare

Already working on a 8v8 map.

IHaveIce

Banned
Played a ton of matches today, besides the already mentiuoned setting fuck ups it was great.

And sometimes the rejoining a party was weird.

That's just you. If I died everytime entering or exiting atmo, because I didn't do it the scientific way, I'd be pissed.
Did I mention anything about dying in reentry? No. The game seems to be going for awe and wonder driven by the immense scope and scale that are trying to convey. That's only enhanced by a more realistic approach here. That transition would be something amazing to experience.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This game and gametype is too slow. Spawn weapons should kill faster, movement should be faster, bomb guy should walk faster than default speed.

Competitive Halo matches turn into a battle of attrition far too often, so I'm hoping Halo 5 goes down a different route instead of slow-walking tanks and long, drawn out Objective gametypes. Even Slayer matches don't finish sometimes..

E0s2Noz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom