• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Nice. My first was Yellow. Got it from my best friend who had 2 of them. Still waiting for them to remake it (it's the best one).

It really is legitimately exciting! Way more so (for me) than 1-50. It feels more... I dunno, substantial?
I think part of it is that when you are out into a group as opposed to just a number, you feel even more of a drive to be the best and climb your way to the next tier. Being in one large overall skill group feels more definitive than a list of numbers. At least that's my theory.

Nice back smack

***Initial Reaction and random thoughts from the Halo 5 Beta***
Can't wait to get my hands on the beta.
I want to try out all the abilities.

Have you tried combining hover with stuff like slides and then jumping? Josh said they wanted the abilities to compliment each other so it could be that they have some pretty cool combinations.

Was that after a game? Could you not move? Seems weird.

Welp! No early beta for me. :( I got an error when redeeming one of the codes and I guess that was the one that would give me access to it.

Adlflhj.jpg

Super bummed :/

-Ryn

Banned
I encountered a bug tonight where I had no gun models and everyone was aiming their weapons at the sky when they shot them, pretty funny.
I love betas lol

Dude nice going. That was awesome.

Welp! No early beta for me. :( I got an error when redeeming one of the codes and I guess that was the one that would give me access to it.

Super bummed :/
Try contacting customer support. Maybe they can help.

Yeah it was post game, I backed out of the carnage report and ended up back in the map not being to move only look around and had to leave the game.
Weird. It'd be kinda cool if you could mess around on the map post game if you wanted to but then again you could just go into customs...

Cow

It's not hard to be a member of the preview program and Frankie was nice enough to shower a lot of HaloGAF with codes if you asked politely enough/ weren't on his shit list. Which he made perfectly clear how hard that is.

Haha I am undoubtedly on that list

Deception

Out of all the games I've played I can firmly say I absolutely hate the sniper. I am usually very good with the sniper in every halo and this one just feels off. The zoom in and descope are very off putting and the fact that you can quickly(damn near instantly) zoom in and cross map snipe someone is ridiculous. If the sniper is going to stay as is there either needs to be a brief animation to pull the sniper up or no descope when shot.

As a viewer I'm already pretty bored of seeing Truth and Empire lol

Gameplay still looks fun for sure.

Empire has been a surprising joy for me. Maybe if they fix Truth's issues with ambient light it'd be top dog (seriously, you can barely see anything through the yellow lights at blue bend), but atm Empire is holding its own. Really like that map.

Computer

All automatics are so OP the game is completely annoying to play. I never know what weapon I am going to face when I run into a player due to the amount of op weapons scattered around the map. Will it be the op AR, or the OP smg, or a Br or a DMR, or a snipe? It feels as if they balanced the weapons by making everything over powered. Sprint, ADS, and AR starts are the icing on the shit cake.

belushy

Banned
Empire has been a surprising joy for me. Maybe if they fix Truth's issues with ambient light it'd be top dog (seriously, you can barely see anything through the yellow lights at blue bend), but atm Empire is holding its own. Really like that map.

I still like both of them, as much a viewer can, but I just want to see the other maps now lol

Anyone else watching Roy's stream? lol

Yeah. I'm very happy for him lol

antigoon

It's not hard to be a member of the preview program and Frankie was nice enough to shower a lot of HaloGAF with codes if you asked politely enough/ weren't on his shit list. Which he made perfectly clear how hard that is.

Damn. Bummed I missed it.

All automatics are so OP the game is completely annoying to play. I never know what weapon I am going to face when I run into a player due to the amount of op weapons scattered around the map. Will it be the op AR, or the OP smg, or a Br or a DMR, or a snipe? It feels as if they balanced the weapons by making everything over powered. Sprint, ADS, and AR starts are the icing on the shit cake.

The TTK on both the SMG and the AR are a tad on the low side, yeah, but they've always been so incredibly underpowered I figure they just overcorrected a tad. Honestly, it's not so bad. They're finally effective at >Shotty ranges, and the much-maligned ADS means you can ping snipers and BR guys at a range with the AR, thank god, so even the effects of AR starts aren't so bad.

And are you seriously complaining about not always knowing which weapon your opponent is going to have picked up? Seriously? Everyone should just use their starting weapon all of the time?

That thruster melee was pretty sweet.
Yeah thruster pack kills feel super rewarding actually when you do them right.

There's so much more going on now with the game... Thruster, Sprinter, Ground Pound, etc. feels like it may help set apart the better players, so much micro'ing now...

The push or whatever the hell happens when you sprint into someone; that has to go. It's annoying more then anything else.

I'm so glad you guys all enjoy Halo 5 as well =) I'm going to do a solid write up with my thoughts when the preview is over and share some clips.

I agree thruster makes Halo so much fun.

Thruster is definitely one of the best additions in a while.

I'm surprised how well the tackle (sprint melee, whatever you want to call it) works, though. It's entirely ineffective from the front, and you really do have to think ahead to consistently land it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom