• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

belushy

Banned
Here is the vod of the basic spectator mode stream from 343. link

It is super simple, but can't wait to see what they have planned for the final release. 9 ish months to make a killer one.

Anyone think they should tweak the Sniper (and possibly player) spawns on Empire? It's a great map, but having 2 snipers on the map is... I dunno. Have people start in the actual blue and red bases, rather than at Tower and Turbine, then have the Sniper spawn at one of its existing points maybe a minute into the match? Then alternate spawn locations. Having both teams fighting over one Sniper seems like it'd be more interesting. The map is small enough that while holding it is an advantage, it's not such a big one that it can only be countered by another sniper, but if one team manages to grab (and use) both it can get kind of ridiculous.

Mix

Will post a full first impressions in the morning so like 8 hours or so but I'm really really liking it so far. 10 matches in and I'm Gold tier 3. Pretty happy with that.

Omni

Text is really gonna be a problem if you don't have a 1080p tv this gen, isn't it? I know, I know. You should have a full HD tv by now blah blah blah

Anywho. Just had my first game of the beta. I don't know if it's because I went 19 and 2, but holy shit. This is awesome. Admittedly I am in the honeymoon period a bit so we'll see what happens. But the first impressions are good

The controls are a bit weird though. And the SMG is so overpowered haha.

Text is really gonna be a problem if you don't have a 1080p tv this gen, isn't it? I know, I know. You should have a full HD tv by now blah blah blah

Anywho. Just had my first game of the beta. I don't know if it's because I went 19 and 2, but holy shit. This is awesome. Admittedly I am in the honeymoon period a bit so we'll see what happens. But the first impressions are good

The controls are a bit weird though. And the SMG is so overpowered haha.

SMG is a niche power weapon. However, its effectiveness is limited by the person being scoped in. If you ping them out of scope then they usually die. I love it now.

I have played it for 5 hours and in still loving it. Besides a few niggles of course.

I still think the BR looks super ugly. Also wish the pistol was the older shinier iconic silver look.

Madness

Man, just went like 24-3 on Truth. It's crazy how hectic things get when you have the Prophets Bane. So hard to see with the glare, but ended up almost getting a running riot with it.

I kind of wish I had a Kinect so I could just say Xbox record that, as opposed to having to press guide twice and X. It screwed up in the middle of my clip, and if you watch, it shows my video aspect get thin because of the snap and then normal again.

Because of the last match, my tool of destruction is now Prophets Bane already, as opposed to magnum pistol or battle rifle.

Man, just went like 24-3 on Truth. It's crazy how hectic things get when you have the Prophets Bane. So hard to see with the glare, but ended up almost getting a running riot with it.

I kind of wish I had a Kinect so I could just say Xbox record that, as opposed to having to press guide twice and X. It screwed up in the middle of my clip, and if you watch, it shows my video aspect get thin because of the snap and then normal again.

Because of the last match, my tool of destruction is now Prophets Bane already, as opposed to magnum pistol or battle rifle.

I got killed once when trying to double tap and accidentally opening up the dashboard instead. :lol

Mix

K, its 4 am, and I've been stressing myself out about it, but what are assists worth in the KDA? What formula ate they using?

belushy

Banned
Still watching this Spectator stream VOD from earlier.

One of the last two maps is called "Trench" and is for Breakout.

edit: Actually Trench is just the other Crossfire variant. That is a bit disappointing.
1415641882-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-trench-breakout-move-out.jpg
(File name says "trench-breakout")

TheOddOne

All automatics are so OP the game is completely annoying to play. I never know what weapon I am going to face when I run into a player due to the amount of op weapons scattered around the map. Will it be the op AR, or the OP smg, or a Br or a DMR, or a snipe? It feels as if they balanced the weapons by making everything over powered. Sprint, ADS, and AR starts are the icing on the shit cake.
Not to be a dick, but isn't this same with Halo 1 to Reach? Is that really a valid complaint against this game?

Madness

I got killed once when trying to double tap and accidentally opening up the dashboard instead. :lol

Yeah if you watch my clip, you can literally see me just standing around and the aspect ratio go from normal to like squished and then back to normal again because the snap took up the screen. Can't wait for January so that whatever they do with Windows 10, streamlines this OS, especially now that Kinect is basically phased out.

What's everyone ranked so far? Looks like I'm going to be in Iron for a while. Even if you do great, if it is a loss, it brings you down. Ideally, I know I'm not as good as I was or ever will be again, but I like the fact I know where I stand. It's why I love ranks. Even if you're a BK Iron like me or an Semi-Pro/Onyx poopsocker or tryhard, you have the ability to go up if you can improve.

Omni

Is there any reason why you'd turn stabilisers off? I remember Frankie saying most good players would or something. But they seem very useful.

ultimota

Is there any reason why you'd turn stabilisers off? I remember Frankie saying most good players would or something. But they seem very useful.

my guess would be to jump shot instead of *jump hover and be an easy target shot* but...i haven't got the early beta so i can't judge

When you turn them off in the settings it just turns them off by default. You can manually turn them on by hitting the sprint button when you're scoping in mid-air. Honestly there's no reason not to turn it off.

Computron

When you turn them off in the settings it just turns them off by default. You can manually turn them on by hitting the sprint button when you're scoping in mid-air. Honestly there's no reason not to turn it off.

there is, bumper jumper makes it impossible to use if you turn it off and they are usefull to have as an option.

Right stick and A simultaneously? WTF.

they also help you stay away from grenade explosions for when your thrusters are recharging or you have nowhere to thrust to.

Just read about ODST. That made my day. One of my favourite campaigns. Any word on an ETA, need to organise another LAN :D.

Also, how's the situation with Matchmaking for both MCC and H5β? I've been under a rock more or less for the past few weeks.

Edit: March-May 2015 ETA on ODST.

Edit 2: Obligatory "No Firefight == Boo" post. :p

Madness

Only now has the beta become a bit unstable for me. Super long match times, "excuse us" errors, blank screen, blank playlist screen. I have to quit the build, and restart it quite often. But this is good because they are probably going to make sure it doesn't really happen too often during the real beta weeks.

Music on death is an annoyance.

I'm enjoying everything else. Don't know if it's lag or framerate but the game is kicking out some real latency between dealing a killing blow and the guy dying.

I know this is a beta but the game is looking kind of rough right now hopefully a few layers of polish like improved texturing and AA and some lighting glitch fixes are made by the final product.

Any one know how the Armory system is going to be in the final version. Not to sure if I like the whole Helmet and Body thing, I liked the modular approach.

Ground pound is still worthless I actually don't even know if I'm doing anything to players when I connect.

Omni

The popping noise when you headshot a player is oddly satisfying. I also like the Spartan chatter, surprisingly. Didn't think I would but it seems pretty helpful. Well sometimes... (telling me that you've picked up a DMR is completely useless)

This is what Halo 4 should have been, IMO.

dwells

Halo 5 engine was built from the ground up. Obviously there is data on movement mechanics and stuff in there and some core bits, but everything is basically new.

-Source
This is super interesting. Back in the H1 and H2 days I knew my way around the engine fairly well; cool to see that something new is happening. Definitely makes sense, as you can only incrementally update something for so long before it starts becoming limiting or just making less sense than starting something new.

I hope you guys share some of the technical development aspects over the next year. I know I'm not alone in loving that stuff.

DeadNames

Banned
I hope we eventually get a list to see stuff that was cut from the final game. I know some modders have found things in Halo 4 (unused AAs, weapons, etc).

Lot more than I expected. Glad Relic is available to everyone and not just early adopters. ODST is a top 3 Halo campaign but I'd have personally preferred more H2:A maps although they had to have something exclusive to burned 1st month players and a DLC split would be against the spirit of the collection. Ultimately, I just want MCC to have the population it would have had if it launched in a playable state. Not sure if a single map will be enough to reverse the MM exodus. Hopefully there's a 'relaunch' of sorts for the game.

Top priority for me now is purging the ubiquity of AR starts in MM. It really needs 4v4 objective gametypes with BR starts. AR starts just corrode my enthusiasm for the game.

My game broke mid match. I even got matched with Heckfu :(

lWnoTcE.png

Squint your eyes a little and Stelly could be a shadow on the map. This issue of visibility and clarity is present in H2:A too.

Feedback: Please take steps to distinguish enemy spartans from their surroundings and brighten everything up please.

My game broke mid match. I even got matched with Heckfu :(

lWnoTcE.png
I see this as a positive yet creative idea. Giving the option to gather saved clips (pictures) to make a slideshow and you can set your own custom theme to any of the main menus like for this glitch is a nice example.

belushy

Banned
I see this as a positive yet creative idea. Giving the option to gather saved clips (pictures) to make a slideshow and you can set your own custom theme to any of the main menus like for this glitch is a nice example.

Steam actually does that. If you have a picture taken of the game, when you select it in your library, the background changes to one of the pictures you have.

m23

It's so damn early but I feel like playing....

I really hope this isn't just the honeymoon period. Enjoyed what I played last night though.

Seems like dedicated servers are working fine, no lag whatsoever in last nights games.

Also, I'm not sure if others will agree with me but I feel like sprint is kinda balanced in some ways. You get punished for sprinting mid battle, bad. It's useful for getting to places quick but trying to run way from battle or even sprinting up to someone puts you at a disadvantage. Also not being able to sprint from scope I think is a new addition which at first felt weird but now I get it.

Loving the decreased aim assist, took me some matches to get used to it but I think it helps in terms of skill gap. Got Gold 3 last night and was matched with bunch of Onyxs, didn't turn out well for me.

This game is on track to be something great at launch in my opinion.

JaggedSac

Asked it over in gaming side but id figure I'd try over here as well. Redeemed both codes, downloaded game, when I start it up, it says beta starts on the 29th, see you then. Anybody else get this and if so are there fixes?

m23

Asked it over in gaming side but id figure I'd try over here as well. Redeemed both codes, downloaded game, when I start it up, it says beta starts on the 29th, see you then. Anybody else get this and if so are there fixes?

Call MS support, some others had the same issue and were able to get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom