• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
I don't actually like basing it entirely off of winning. Yes it's a team mode, however its team slayer. If someone gets 15 deaths and 1 kill yet their team manages to win, why should they rank up? I think there should definitely be a bonus for winning and the opposite for losing, however if you play exceptionally well and still lose I don't think you should rank down. It's not your fault if your team sucks.

My preferred system would be:

Win = +25
Loss = -25

This is added to the amount of points you get for how well you played.

If your skill nets you 30 points but your team lose you only get 5 points.

I would also make it so those who do really badly get negative skill points. If someone gets -30 skill points but their team still loses they are still punished for being awful.
Like I said I think individual play should have some influence on how much your rank increase or decreases, but I don't think it should get to a point where you can rank up for losing. Solo queuing is and always has been a gamble and rather than complain about going down a rank because of terrible randoms you should look into getting some people to play with. If we get to a point where individual play has too much direct influence on your rank it basically turns into free-for-all with two teams where getting a high k/d yourself is favorable over playing for the team.

Ramirez

My notes for feedback is getting to 2 pages in length. This will not be fun to type.

Shorten that shit to only the most precise points. My eyes would glaze over after page 1.

^ I've gotten a few kills doing that when people try to retreat inside the towers on Truth, I like it.

Tawpgun

If you are the best player on the losing team, but not by much, then lose perfomance. But if it's one of those things where your team loses, but you go +5 - +10 above the rest of your team, its so unfair to lose performance on that. It should be a small loss (-3) or no loss.

Either way the ranking system needs to be explained further. It is very confusing how everything is calculated.

And a suggestion for the final game? Either add a social playlist(s) OR.... Make an unranked Mercanary playlist so those people going into MM alone have a place to do it without getting penalized by shit teams

Also the hovering while aiming during a jump is so dumb, who wants that

you know you can turn set it to manual right? It's shitty when it does it for you but it can be very clutch when used in the right situations.

^^^ Biggy is in pro tier, so like I said, ranking system is weird :p

Welfare

Shorten that shit to only the most precise points. My eyes would glaze over after page 1.

^ I've gotten a few kills doing that when people try to retreat inside the towers on Truth, I like it.
They are though :(

I got some shit to talk about, but I'm sure I could probably combine some points.

Ok, I really can't find Halo 5 controls that I love. The animation for ADS feels like input lag when mapped to the right stick, so I am sticking to the left trigger. Here is a control scheme I really, really want to see:

Left trigger- smart scope
left bumper- thruster
left stick- sprint
right trigger- fire weapon
right bumper- melee
right stick- crouch
X- reload
A- jump/clamber
B- throw grenade
Y- switch weapons

Grenades aren't ideal on B, but I would rather sacrifice them over melee, thruster or crouch.

Madness

Biggy is in pro tier, so like I said, ranking system is weird :p

Damn, that's great. Josh said Pro is like the top 200 Semi-Pro players in the world. Though said early access and low player pool means a lot more people are pro than they should be. Will be crazy to see if anyone from here can actually be pro or semi-pro in official beta start or final launch game. Looks like Biggy the new #1 HGAF player with that kind of ranking. Seems those Ramirez BR kill Gifs weren't flukes.

IHaveIce

Banned

I never got to use it really, most of the time I'm just surprised it happens because I'm not used to it.

you know you can turn set it to manual right? It's shitty when it does it for you but it can be very clutch when used in the right situations.

No I didn't know that :O
Can I also turn off that I do a ground pound when I accidently want to crouch in air?

Ok, I really can't find Halo 5 controls that I love. The animation for ADS feels like input lag when mapped to the right stick, so I am sticking to the left trigger. Here is a control scheme I really, really want to see:

Left trigger- smart scope
left bumper- thruster
left stick- sprint
right trigger- fire weapon
right bumper- melee
right stick- crouch
X- reload
A- jump/clamber
B- throw grenade
Y- switch weapons

Grenades aren't ideal on B, but I would rather sacrifice them over melee, thruster or crouch.

VcbIWHU.jpg

Ramirez

Damn, that's great. Josh said Pro is like the top 200 Semi-Pro players in the world. Though said early access and low player pool means a lot more people are pro than they should be. Will be crazy to see if anyone from here can actually be pro or semi-pro in official beta start or final launch game. Looks like Biggy the new #1 HGAF player with that kind of ranking. Seems those Ramirez BR kill Gifs weren't flukes.

Biggy came crashing back to Earth yesterday, rage quit, lulz.

Demon's control scheme is pretty much the worst setup I've ever seen, B for nades?? u w0t m8

LB+RB = Thrusters? Is this a joke?

WE NEED MORE BUMPERS

THERE'S TOO MUCH SHIT TO ASSIGN NOW

if it were my choice I'd use that layout, except replace Sprint with a Hologram everyone can also use

EDIT #641: I tried keeping all the important stuff assigned in such a way that you can still keep your hands on both aiming and movement and (usually) at least one of the triggers. The only real drawback is Sprint on A, but you're basically sacrificing a millisecond of aiming for a few seconds of speed boost so it's whatever

EDIT: #793: another possible control scheme would be Melee on LS + RS and then Thrusters on RB, but if you want to use all your Spartan Abilities comfortably you have to utilize at least one button combo

IHaveIce

Banned
WE NEED MORE BUMPERS

if it were my choice I'd use that layout, except replace Sprint with a Hologram everyone can also use

EDIT #641: I tried keeping all the important stuff assigned in such a way that you can still keep your hands on both aiming and movement and (usually) at least one of the triggers. The only real drawback is Sprint on A, but you're basically sacrificing a millisecond of aiming for a few seconds of speed boost so it's whatever

Except for the double hold for Thruster I like your scheme actually.

But yeah there are too few buttons for all these abilities

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
WE NEED MORE BUMPERS

EDIT: #793: another possible control scheme would be Melee on LS + RS and then Thrusters on RB, but if you want to use all your Spartan Abilities comfortably you have to utilize at least one button combo

BXR for Thrusters.

Yeah, no...

2l6uYQk.png

Wasn't the cut off date for ODST and month of gold the 19th? Game sure looks fixed now.

But they are so 1337 and established a Halo clan. That must count for something, right

I think 117 is the default service tag in MCC H3

I don't actually like basing it entirely off of winning. Yes it's a team mode, however its team slayer.

Yeah, well, it's team slayer. You live and die by your team, that's ultimately the point of the gametype.

We've been down the individual rank in team list path before in the first season of Reach's Arena. It leads to people draining their own teammates shields if they have power weapons because having said weapons was the most surefire way of getting the highest 'score'.

There also existed the situation where the same four teammates with exactly the same W/L record could be separated into Gold and Onyx Just because some were assistive players rather than main slayers

Akai__

If MS wasn't so stubborn and added 2 more buttons on the Xbox One controller, you could have had way more space for these abilities. 10 million US$ unwisely spwend.

Here's an idea:

replace Clamber with Double Jump
replace Sprint with high base movement speed and improved strafe
replace Aiming Smart Scopes with traditional zooming, move Throw Grenade back to LT by default
scrap Ground Pound, Slide, Sprint-Punch, keep Stabilizers because reasons

blamite

Yeah, no...

I had the same thing happen in the CE playlist, only in the pregame lobby it said the game was gonna be 2v2. Then the game starts and boom, 3v1 and I just get shit on on Derelict all game.

By the way, 20 minutes and 50 kills seems like a lot for a 2v2 playlist, right? If it was me in charge I'd make it like... 30 kills, 10 minutes? Something like that.

It works OK for Supers in Destiny. Those aren't used nearly as often though; not sure it'd be so nice with a heavy use ability

I figure with the way Thrusters override movement to a degree, you're never going to be in a situation where you need to hit jump or melee the exact same time as you need to Thrust. I'm sure there are situations where you jump then thrust, or thrust then melee, but I don't see melee-ing at the start of your thrust being all that beneficial.

They should just rebrand some of their Microsoft mice as "nunchuks," let you connect them to your XBO controllers, and bam! Three extra buttons!

I still say holding Jump/Chamber should initiate crouch jump as well. It's the best way to balance it in realistically with all the other buttons/abilities.

Akai__

I had the same thing happen in the CE playlist, only in the pregame lobby it said the game was gonna be 2v2. Then the game starts and boom, 3v1 and I just get shit on on Derelict all game.

By the way, 20 minutes and 50 kills seems like a lot for a 2v2 playlist, right? If it was me in charge I'd make it like... 30 kills, 10 minutes? Something like that.

You didn't quit the game? Why? If people blame you for quitting, you should tell them to blame 343i.

I wouldn't have the nerve to play against 3 people. I mean, I would have tried if it was BR starts and I spawned at Overshield, but there's no way I'll play against 3 people with only 1(?!) BR on the map.

JaggedSac

Are you serious? You could use the same logic if it only fired one round a minute hip fired or something absurd like that.

The gun performs worse without ADS. That's a penalty.

Just saying that it is pretty easy to make their comments not nefarious given which perspective it is looked at.

RSB

Banned
Here's an idea:

replace Clamber with Double Jump
replace Sprint with high base movement speed and improved strafe
replace Aiming Smart Scopes with traditional zooming, move Throw Grenade back to LT by default
scrap Ground Pound, Slide, Sprint-Punch, keep Stabilizers because reasons
Sounds good. Also bring back crouch jump of course.

Just watched the other two 'sprints'. Cool stuff! It's probably old news, but it's interesting to see the concepts of map 'remixes' (Truth and Regret). May favorite thing so far is seeing the constant back and forth of art and design, as well as seeing early prototypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom