• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion for H5G control scheme:

LCJRV2l.png

Put Thrusters on X instead of Switch Grenades, and I think we have a winner.

Madness

Pretty crazy how passionate and intuitive the Halo Community is. In the sprint they were acting like the Midship remix is a secret etc. And yet the very first time any of us saw that 2-3 seconds of the new rocket firing on it, a while back, we all pegged it as a Midship where the ship is crashed to the ground etc.

And just like when they released the cover of Halo 5: Guardians someone noticed Locke BR had red dot sights and not scope and people deduced we would probably have ADS in the game. Just something I was thinking about right now.

Welfare

And just like when they released the cover of Halo 5: Guardians someone noticed Locke BR had red dot sights and not scope and people deduced we would probably have ADS in the game. Just something I was thinking about right now.
You are all welcome.

NO

Pretty crazy how passionate and intuitive the Halo Community is. In the sprint they were acting like the Midship remix is a secret etc. And yet the very first time any of us saw that 2-3 seconds of the new rocket firing on it, a while back, we all pegged it as a Midship where the ship is crashed to the ground etc.

My favorite out-of-left-field deduction was Mantises and DMRs on a Halo 4 Valhalla remake.

Oh man, I remember when I was top 10 in 2vs2 with my buddy. So much fun.

It also has some of the best vehicle/unit designs. Sometimes I wished we could fight 10 Locusts with a Cobra in a FPS Halo campaign or just completely destroy Banshees, Vampires with a Sparrowhawk. 343i please...
Know a guy named Attimus? He was on the leaderboards top 10 too and we played all the time. That game was sooo fun!
This was me on a perfection and ultimately, the only death I had that match

http://youtu.be/QZCWfhhRQWQ

I want that out of Halo. It's really pervasive in H2:A as well. Adds nothing to the game and I know Tashi hates it with a passion from the Reach days, so he should just sneak in and change it when noone's looking.
Tashi hates motion tracker too, yet here we are.. Tashi needs to start flexing around the right people, strong-arming them into making the right decisions.
I feel like, if 343 was at a fountain soda machine, they would be like "All these flavors taste good on their own. Let's mix them all into one cup."
Bruh, I see you have yet to live.
I really hope the AR and Magnum start gets tweaked better.

I don't want to see halo becoming BR starts only again.
Brah, it's going to happen if the Magnum doesn't get a buff.
put the controller down and find your father
Breh, you saw how ill my way of handling that controller was. Claw >

Sou Da

Is there a reason games don't let let you fully remap controller buttons? Even PC games don't this unless it's a fighting game.

IHaveIce

Banned
Need one more for H5,someone join me!

Sorry am watching Christmas movies with the fam.

You know what is also impressive? How far the is game is already finished or ahead, the whole Beta is in German, including Spartan chatter and stuff, that was not the case with other betas I played this year, really nice.

Is there a reason games don't let let you fully remap controller buttons? Even PC games don't this unless it's a fighting game.

If I had to guess, it's got something to do with whatever middleware there's using for the controllers; either that, or there's just never been enough demand for them to bother.

jem0208

Nope.

There are games which do let you remap the controls. Brink let you change every button I think. It was the best part of the game.

I know Brawl and Smash 4 let you, but the excuse the Halo community always gets is "it paves the way for button combos we can't foresee or control."

Computron

Why are stabilizers only available with ADS?

Seems like they would be a lot more useful if they where always available with a left-stick click in mid air.

This would work for all control schemes...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
arent all legendary and higher drops now upgraded a bit? i just got a rng shadow price and its the exact same as my old one...

oops

So we know ODST will be remastered and Firefight mode won't be included.

Most likey Theater mode and Campaign Scoring won't be available in it as well.

TheXbox

I don't have an Xbox One. Is this game good? I need to know from people who actually understand Halo. I hear autos are OP and flinch is back for hip fire. (No penalties!) Makes me a sad panda.

RoKKeR

Just lost a game 42-43 on Midship fuuuuuuck, that was so tense. Ranking system is definitely working now because these games are competitive as hell.

Feels like this is some of the most competitive Halo I've played in quite a while.

Why are stabilizers only available with ADS?

Seems like they would be a lot more useful if they where always available with a left-stick click in mid air.

This would work for all control schemes...
I'd rather have Stabilizers on a different button because of crouch jumping. I don't want anything except for crouch on the left joystick, and that includes changing Ground Pound to another button.

You can't really crouch jump up small ledges anymore while holding the crouch button to stay crouched because it'll activate the GP.

Computron

Can we move spartan hover from the sprint button to a second tap of the jump button?

And do we know if H5 will have a Theatre yet?

spectate mode is in the beta, and it is a theatre film run from the dedicated server. it is a minute of two behind to prevent cheating, but it is a streaming film. you can pause, play, slomo, rewind your way through a game RIGHT NOW... its actually kinda cool.

op_ivy

spectate mode is in the beta, and it is a theatre film run from the dedicated server. it is a minute of two behind to prevent cheating, but it is a streaming film. you can pause, play, slomo, rewind your way through a game RIGHT NOW... its actually kinda cool.

i gotta check this out... later

Computron

I'd rather have Stabilizers on a different button because of crouch jumping. I don't want anything except for crouch on the left joystick, and that includes changing Ground Pound to another button.

You can't really crouch jump up small ledges anymore while holding the crouch button to stay crouched because it'll activate the GP.

For all intents and purposes, they seem to be replacing crouch jump with clamber for this game. if thats the case, I would rather have hover be left stick while in the air and if you want to ground pound you just hit/hold melee while hovering in the air.

For all intents and purposes, they seem to be replacing crouch jump with clamber for this game.
That little platform you can jump up around the outside Sniper on Empire should not require a clamber, nor should I break into a Ground Pound because I quickly pressed the crouch button to get on top of it.

I really hope they change the Recon layout around to have something like this:
if thats the case, I would rather have hover be left stick while in the air and if you want to ground pound you just hit/hold melee while hovering in the air.
Exactly what I'd like :]

Nice, didn't know it was working in the beta.

link1201

Just lost a game 42-43 on Midship fuuuuuuck, that was so tense. Ranking system is definitely working now because these games are competitive as hell.

Feels like this is some of the most competitive Halo I've played in quite a while.

I feel this way as well. I have already had more fun in this than I did with Halo 4.

Akai__

Know a guy named Attimus? He was on the leaderboards top 10 too and we played all the time. That game was sooo fun!

I'm terrible when it comes to remembering names, but I remember the close and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long matches we had. We were only in the top 10 for a short time, because we didn't want to put the time into Halo Wars anymore and eventually people got better.

My 2vs2 partner was known under the GT xI Tornado Ix (don't remember the GT exactly anymore). Maybe you saw/know him, because he was also very good in 1vs1 (top 50, I think). He sold his Xbox 360 the same year, sadly. :(

Makes me feel bad, because I haven't talked to him for over 6 months. :/

LMAO. This is amazing.

op_ivy

whats the deal with the "remix" maps? has 343 spoken somewhere about their philosophy with them? can we expect every map to have an alternate variation/remix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom