• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
As long as PP and sticky starts don't exist anymore, I have hope for BTB.

well, thats a given.

or maybe not, considering btb wont fall under this improved "arena" umbrella. fuck, i hope they don't shit up the other modes with all the halo 4 bullshit thinking arena will satisfy the long time fans of the series...

DeadNames

Banned
well, thats a given.

or maybe not, considering btb wont fall under this improved "arena" umbrella. fuck, i hope they don't shit up the other modes with all the halo 4 bullshit thinking arena will satisfy the long time fans of the series...

That's one of my biggest fears tbh.

I'm so worried about BTB being pooped on :(.

I honestly think it could be fun with the Spartan Mechanics.

TCKaos

total games in H2A playlist?

32, I think. The game history includes customs and I tried to exclude the ones that I knew were customs, but that still leaves some room for error. Around 30ish, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm going to have to do the math myself. I know it's pitifully low, but the K/D on waypoint is recalculated for each individual page of the games history you're on, so I'll have to find my actual K/D myself.

Fucking math, Microsoft. How the fuck do you do math?

EDIT 2: Average K/D is .89, but I can't sort by playlist, only game. So I know for a fact that there are Big Team games in there. Time to add all of my kills and deaths.

EDIT 3: Doing all of the math myself comes out to 366 kills to 406 deaths over the course of 32 games, for a K/D of 0.9 in H2A. None of these stats are visible in MCC or on Waypoint. I still haven't won a game or even gone positive in over a week, though.

FyreWulff

32, I think. The game history includes customs and I tried to exclude the ones that I knew were customs, but that still leaves some room for error. Around 30ish, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm going to have to do the math myself. I know it's pitifully low, but the K/D on waypoint is recalculated for each individual page of the games history you're on, so I'll have to find my actual K/D myself.

Fucking math, Microsoft. How the fuck do you do math?

EDIT 2: Average K/D is .89, but I can't sort by playlist, only game. So I know for a fact that there are Big Team games in there. Time to add all of my kills and deaths.

If they're still using TS on the Xbone, you haven't played enough games to solidify your TS yet. You need around 45-50 before it has a good idea of where you're at.

You're still in the weird beginning phase where you can have lopsided victories or get creamed by the other team

CliQ

As Poodle said, it stands for Red Reticle Range. An increase in its RRR would make the Magnum more effective at range because your reticle being red means it retains its aim assist properties, similar to how they increased the RRR of the Light Rifle when zoomed in Halo 4 while remaining as a 2x weapon.

Yup, I definitely don't think it should be nerfed at all. If anything, I wouldn't mind a second thrust if you build up enough time (~8 secs) to get that second thrust, but if you use a thrust any time before that it can only be done once. Could be interesting.

And hopefully they let us thrust while carrying the objective. Speaking of which, that little tease Quinn threw at us about pressing LT to build up energy to SPEAR the flag sounds awesome.

If 343 ups the range of the pistol I may just just call this the best Halo and I've been waiting a LONG time to say that.

I can honestly say I'm happy with just the AR and Pistol as my starting weapon right now but I'm sure on big team maps I will want a rifle.

343 has something pretty special right now and the feedback we give is very important. The next year of development for them is going to be the fate of the future of Halo. I caution everyone to really think about what they want and choose your words carefully.

Computron

The question is how will BTB fare with so many effective long range weapons? Are we gonna have endless stalls and standoffs ala Halo 4 Ragnorak, or will this be mitigated by br starts and few DMRs on map?

Computron

forge pieces appear to have been shown for about one second at the end of todays sprint episode. when someone is ground pounding outside of the map.

does unlimited sprint worry you?
If sprint's to be in the game, the only way I'd want it is unlimited. Running out of sprint feels janky and unless there's a bar to let you know when you have a full sprint available, the feedback isn't too great.
I caution everyone to really think about what they want and choose your words carefully.
I hope 343 maintains a similar level of transparency throughout Halo 5's development once The Sprint series concludes. It seriously goes a long way with their fanbase since they're opening their doors as we learn how grueling the development process can be. People respect this, and as a result, I feel as though we'll see more positive feedback rather than the constant turd-tossing we see online. Currently, people believe 343 is just another faceless company trying to force change upon us because reasons.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This was nice.

q8vcrnQ.png

Man, I really gotta learn how to how to use the sword. I rarely get more than 2 kills before getting teamshot to death.

As to the double kill, the rumor is that they upped the duration to encourage more aggressive play. But that's just a rumor.

The question is how will BTB fare with so many effective long range weapons? Are we gonna have endless stalls and standoffs ala Halo 4 Ragnorak, or will this be mitigated by br starts and few DMRs on map?

I'm waiting to see if the beta touches upon the larger gametypes+objective with vehicles. Plus other modes like infection.
Considering the fronts H4 floundered on, I don't trust them yet until I see if things improved or are fixed.

BtB alone the vehicle sandbox needs to be balanced along with weapons to enable a fair degree of both infantry and vehicle survivability.
Does the new stuff work in larger maps with vehicles added or not.
Step forward with the non-arena stuff, rather than step back and remove modes+customization.

If all arena style works but everything else feels stagnated, afterthought or unbalanced then as far as I'm concerned the game disappoints.

Fuchsdh

Because Lockout is kind of a terrible Slayer map?

Another reason I think the addition of the stalactites was a great CA addition to the map. It's helped give me the few seconds I need while the other team scatters to get out from a pinned corner and back into the game.

Wow, Gephyrphobia is GIGANTIC, and carrying the flag all the way across is so amazingly satisfying.

And yet HaloGAF didn't want to play a 5v5 CTF game on a H4 remake of it, for shame.

I had forgotten how massive it was, too.

m23

I'm waiting to see if the beta touches upon the larger gametypes+objective with vehicles. Plus other modes like infection.
Considering the fronts H4 floundered on, I don't trust them yet until I see if things improved or are fixed.

BtB alone the vehicle sandbox needs to be balanced along with weapons to enable a fair degree of both infantry and vehicle survivability.
Step forward with the non-arena stuff, rather than step back and remove modes+customization.

If all arena style works but everything else feels stagnated, afterthought or unbalanced then as far as I'm concerned the game disappoints.

I think this beta is focused on arena 4 v 4. No btb for this beta at least.

dwells

I absolutely can't get over the audacity of Pistola and his team to ask for donations for his surgery. He threw a rage fit and punched the stage during an event and now his pinkie is damaged. Turns out he chose not to carry health insurance and claims that paying the $17,000 out of pocket isn't an option because he doesn't want to sell his new car. This is someone who has won over $250,000 as of early 2013 and made another $75,000 since then.

They seriously want morons on indiegogo to pay for it instead of him facing the consequences and parting with some of his own money. What a spoiled little brat.

darthbob

I absolutely can't get over the audacity of Pistola and his team to ask for donations for his surgery. He threw a rage fit and punched the stage during an event and now his pinkie is damaged. Turns out he chose not to carry health insurance and claims that paying the $17,000 out of pocket isn't an option because he doesn't want to sell his new car. This is someone who has won over $250,000 as of early 2013 and made another $75,000 since then.

They seriously want morons on indiegogo to pay for it instead of him facing the consequences and parting with some of his own money. What a spoiled little brat.

Watching him during the latest installment of The Sprint makes me think you're right.

You serious? Wow. A lot of these pros need a reality check. Bunch of babbys.

Ugh, that's despicable...

dwells

You serious? Wow. A lot of these pros need a reality check. Bunch of babbys.
Dead serious. Even if he is bankrupt, that's his own damn fault too - especially since he probably makes a few bucks off Twitter/YouTube. With $325,000+ of capital on hand, there's a number of good options for investments with a respectable return. Even the S&P 500 would've yielded like $50,000 over the past year.

I think what irritates me the most is knowing that the crowdfunding campaign will probably be successful. For whatever reason, there seems to be no shortage of fools willing to throw their money away online.

Beta is 4v4 Arena only. You'd have to wait until closer to launch, maybe a second beta.

darthbob

Dead serious. Even if he is bankrupt, that's his own damn fault too - especially since he probably makes a few bucks off Twitter/YouTube. With $325,000+ of capital on hand, there's a number of good options for investments with a respectable return. Even the S&P 500 would've yielded like $50,000 over the past year.

I think what irritates me the most is knowing that the crowdfunding campaign will probably be successful. For whatever reason, there seems to be no shortage of fools willing to throw their money away online.

If you read his twitter it sounds like he used most of his winnings to help family and such. Although it's worded in such a way to try and garner sympathy so best to take it at face value.

VinFTW

Some of you need to calm down. Both his parents are disabled and can't work (or one can barely work a part time job). All of his winnings went into taking care of his family and paying the bills for them. He doesn't WANT to sell his car for obvious and necessary care reasons. He will if he has too. I'm not defending punching something, but it was a simple little small thing who would have thought it'd do that much damage? I've punched something out of anger once or twice.

DeadNames

Banned
LdT3ubn.gif

looksa lika forge to meeee

When i saw that clip I was super excited that we could go out there.

Then I saw "Return to Battlefield!"

I tell you, the return to battlefield shit is the most annoying thing ever. I loved exploring parts of the campaign/maps in H3. I dunno why it's still there :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom