• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Are they even working on it anymore? Feels like everything is Halo 5 Beta.

I swear if they can't add Halo 4s playlist back in by the time the beta is over I'm gonna lose it. And lord knows the game needs a lot more work than just a couple other playlists. The betas great I just want something to play when it's over.

Which one of you is posting on Waypoint?

Thread title: 343I'S INCOMPETENT GAME DESIGN IS KILLING HALO

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...lo/0d7148b9-6521-4e84-bef8-d9c76dc4e1e4/posts

Makes some well thought out points. Especially about Sprint, ADS, and Killcams.
first reply:
jGOrF0i.png

Akai__

Which one of you is posting on Waypoint?

Thread title: 343I'S INCOMPETENT GAME DESIGN IS KILLING HALO

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...lo/0d7148b9-6521-4e84-bef8-d9c76dc4e1e4/posts

Makes some well thought out points. Especially about Sprint, ADS, and Killcams.

"Are you complaining about improvements to Halo's combat mechanics? They're all there. Intact. Sprint and ADS spice it up and keep it from being boring."

I just threw up a little.

MCC patch would be nice about now. I'm just getting tired of lengthy search times, plus the horrible MM, why I'm I still getting teams of level ones? Haven't played in the past few days because I finally got fed up.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm enjoying MCC quite a bit, but waiting 10 min in between matches is getting a bit old. Finally worked through Halo 2 Anniversary and started Halo 3, though.

Caja 117

Havent touch MCC this year, I dont think even with the fix that MCC needs this game is going to get a healthy population (the one that would of had if it was working since release) for a good Matchmaking, kind of sad it ended up like this.

as Much as I like Halo 5, it isnt Halo 1, Halo 2 or Halo 3 with Halo ranking system the dream is dad.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
78y256xl.jpg

g4onXdY.gif

I beat PoodleDoodle. I'd like to thank FUNK for his constant vigilence, SubZero for his beautiful videos, Vis for his awesome OT's, Ram for his time-traveling audio, and everyone else for donging on scrubs.

Edit: and Sik for putting together a HaloGAF beta montage.

I have clips from the following players:

Myself, obviously.
II Meanbean II
Munish Thiara
Ozzy Onya A2Z
Rev3rb
SparerRanger149
xGranadier
Vinnie13

I have grabbed clips when seeing them in HaloGAF threads from the following users... (if they're happy for me to use them?)

TJ Ram
Mixmasterchief

Keep 'em coming please guys. Gonna do my best to make it as fun (yet awesome!) as possible.

tootsi666

Something with Halo 5's aiming (not just aim assist, just moving the reticule) makes it impossible for me to play this game on a TV. Input lag is much easier to notice in this game.

I really want MCC to work. Classic Halo in 60fps is so damn glorious. Tried playing with my old Halo bro last night and it was a disaster.

My main issues are:

1) party issues - can't join, random disbands, voice chat problems, put onto separate teams in matchmaking

2) matchmaking - takes way too long to find games, games are disconnected often

3) emblems - seems like a small thing but it's huge when I can't find my buddies on the field

Fixing anything else would be icing on the cake, but the issues above need to be fixed, and fixed soon or I am going to bug Microsoft until they refund me for this broken mess. PLEASE don't let this die, 343.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have clips from the following players:

Myself, obviously.
II Meanbean II
Munish Thiara
Ozzy Onya A2Z
Rev3rb
SparerRanger149
xGranadier
Vinnie13

I have grabbed clips when seeing them in HaloGAF threads from the following users... (if they're happy for me to use them?)

TJ Ram
Mixmasterchief

Keep 'em coming please guys. Gonna do my best to make it as fun (yet awesome!) as possible.

I'll have some once I upload from xbox. How do you want the files? Can I just send you a link to the video on onedrive?

I'll have some once I upload from xbox. How do you want the files? Can I just send you a link to the video on onedrive?

Use Xboxclips.com - it's easy with little faffing required.

Anyone artistic fancy helping me out with some fancy banners/artwork to represent HaloGAF for the intro credits?

Was thinking of calling the Montage "Victory"...although I strongly considered the title:

#butts

Use Xboxclips, it allows you to link directly to the video.

Just record the video on your Xbox.

Is that you Visceral? Can I nab it for the montage?

Use Xboxclips.com - it's easy with little faffing required.

Anyone artistic fancy helping me out with some fancy banners/artwork to represent HaloGAF for the intro credits?

Was thinking of calling the Montage "Victory"...although I strongly considered the title:

#butts

You could call it 1th More Unto The Breach.

Ramirez

I love how after you got the snipe you clearly were so excited you didn't really know what to do next lol

I had a party reaction, and I never do that. I also said Xbox Record That, and it didn't hear me, so I panicked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvMq2YZloZM

Posted this in the beta thread, figured I'd share here in case none of you read that one.

If anyone was curious, you can shoot through certain objects.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/a536f884-7c9b-4a22-a9b7-db943a166835

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/b2416ddf-98c2-4af5-8203-4ffc57224536

@Brav:

The team is currently working on...integrating non-default h3 maps into appropriate playlists, h2 shot reg, & rankings. Will provide ETAs when possible.

Lmao, "Guys, MCC had a working H2 netcode and updated Halo 3 maps, it's just the unforeseen pressure on the servers that messed it all up!"

The game wasn't finished and instead of delaying it, they shipped it. Crazy stuff.

Not a dig at Bravo, I'm aware he's not personally responsible

The MCC is pathetic. I won't enjoy it untill the ranking system is in place and the game is stable. Starting to feel like that's a long long way off unfortunately

I'm convinced they've relaxed trueskill matching to non-existent levels in order to speed MM up. Most games are complete blowouts. I get a steak every other game.

Computer

Tried to play the MCC with friends last night its still broken as hell. We had a party of three and it put 2 of us on one team and my friend on the other team making it 2 vs 4. Them game still glitches and kicks players out of your party but still thinks they are in the party. MM times were very long. My guess is that no one is playing. H2A lag is still the worst in all of gaming. When I was at UGC the game crashed on the regular. Including 2 times in a roll during the Grand Finals. The crowed chanted quit the build. The MCC is now just joke status at this point.

RowdyReverb

link1201

Tried to play the MCC with friends last night its still broken as hell. We had a party of three and it put 2 of us on one team and my friend on the other team making it 2 vs 4. Them game still glitches and kicks players out of your party but still thinks they are in the party. MM times were very long. My guess is that no one is playing. H2A lag is still the worst in all of gaming. When I was at UGC the game crashed on the regular. Including 3 times in a roll during the Grand Finals. The crowed chanted quit the build. The MCC is now just joke status at this point.

I know I am getting worried. The BETA will end soon and I really don't want to go back to BF4.

Top Bottom