• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brojito

Neo Member
Not a fan of linear scripted sequences like the one they highlighted in the campaign demo. Cmon 343, Halo is at it's best when it's big and open-ended.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Not excited at all about Warzone. No details, just montage shots of things shooting and being shot. No explanation about why and how it all works.

24 Players sounds like a clusterfeck too.

Now I can play Reach.

shrek

Banned
Warzone honestly looks completely stupid. Just clusterfuck BTB with AI randomly thrown in. Wish they had used those resources on improving Forge and Firefight, but whatever.

dwells

Curious about how the backwards compatibility works. Some sort of dynarec approach, I imagine.

Also curious why they did it - I imagine it's too late to be a selling point, at least enough of one to justify the cost of development.

Brojito

Neo Member
Warzone honestly looks completely stupid. Just clusterfuck BTB with AI randomly thrown in. Wish they had used those resources on improving Forge and Firefight, but whatever.

It looks like it should be the focus of a different game, honestly. I don't want to judge it before we actually see it in action, but I'm skeptical as to how they're going to make all these varying game modes work in multiplayer without just making it a mess.

daedalius

Warzone looks neat.

Looking forward to more details when its playable on the floor.

Campaign looks great, of course that section was super scripted, its for an E3 demo. I don't think people want to watch a player figure out a big sandbox section. I mean, we do; but the main audience probably doesn't.

dwells

Oh cool, instead of remappable buttons at the system level like should've been standard, we can go buy a more expensive controller. Because $75 wasn't overpriced enough already.

dwells

My xbox insists on putting a Spanish voice over over my stream even though my location, language and in-app language is set to English.
Mine does too. Only fix is to quit the app and restart it. You'd think they'd be able to make their stream of their event work right on their app on their console running their operating system, but perhaps my expectations are too high.

-Ryn

Banned
I wonder when we will see more info on Warzone (good job Warher)...

Hopefully later today. Really curious about the AI element and how it's implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom