• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Any man who must say, I am a heel, is no true heel.

I know literally nothing about wrestling and this is the first gif I found

TzB6l.gif

It was perfect dude. Thanks a ton.

The "better weapons" are only usable in Warzone right?

Correct. Frank and Josh have been very clear that only cosmetic non-gameplay affecting customizations will be in the core arena game, including BTB when it launches "shortly after launch."

This really just feels like a cross between Titanfall burn cards, buying weapon skins, and pointstreaks. I really like Halo and want to get behind some innovation but it just feels like they are always catering to the ADD generation. Maybe I'm just getting to old?

I get what you are saying, but the meat of the game is still the arena. We have arena gameplay, breakout, traditional BTB and other variants...Warzone is an intentional casual fun romp. I dig it.

Freeser

I get what you are saying, but the meat of the game is still the arena. We have arena gameplay, breakout, traditional BTB and other variants...Warzone is an intentional casual fun romp. I dig it.

Yeah here's to hoping that it brings the countless hours of multiplayer goodness the first 3 did.

(Only fitting my 300th post be in the Halo OT)

Edit: No member status? Thought that was at 300 posts?

Edit2: 301 was the magic number.

20ozSlayer

Neo Member
Is there a benefit to doing all cinematic in engine as opposed to Blur? I mean sure they look amazing, but I've been spoiled with H2A Blur cinematics. In 7 years from now, we're going to be laughing at how poor Buck looks, just like we do for Hood.

I'd rather have in engine. Yes the cinematic look sweet but Cortana looked nothing like any Cortana ever and Johnson was talking with a lisp without the actual lisp sound. That annoyed me to no end. Yes Blur cinematics looks amazing but there is just something great about in-game cinematics.

Will some maps be exclusive to Warzone?

It seems to be the case. The warzone maps are specifically designed for AI, boss encounters, and bases to hold/capture. I don't think they have confirmed if we can play a traditional BTB game on a Warzone map. I would suppose not because BTB is coming after launch apparently with maps designed for traditional BTB.

rrc1594

It seems to be the case. The warzone maps are specifically designed for AI, boss encounters, and bases to hold/capture. I don't think they have confirmed if we can play a traditional BTB game on a Warzone map. I would suppose not because BTB is coming after launch apparently with maps designed for traditional BTB.

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

The Sprint is very hype inducing. I am pretty excited for Halo 5: Guardians right now and cannot wait to get my hands on it again. Sigh. It is a long time till October...

I itch for more episode and especially for a season or two after Halo 5 shipped with more spoiler-ish content. It had been years since we got such a great insight in the development process of a Halo game. I personally wish we would get all The Sprint seasons on a blu-ray disc with the LCE edition.

That's a thing I want to talk about: Why is the Fall Of Reach animation series exclusively to the people who ordered one of the two special editions? Most of the hardcore fans know Blue Team and these are the people who will get edition. The casual group needs to know who Blue Team are and why Chief cares about them. It should have been free for stream on the Halo channel and the special editions should have been shipped with a Blu-Ray version of the series...

After seeing The Sprint episode about Warzone is clearly that the Warzone maps are exclusively designed for the game type. Having specific cutscenes for boss encounters and an introduction cutscene etc.

I am thinking, and i have an old question.

After Bungie, which is canon? Halo Reach game, or Halo: The Fall of Reach book?

Because if my memory is good, Reach game is different than book. And now i see this Fall of Reach Animated Series and i dont know what is the situation.

Frankie? Josh? Somebody?

Thx for answer. :)

jem0208

The Sprint is so good.

Some of the best dev Vidocs I've seen.

Also the Halo Channel works far, far better on a Win 8 PC than on the Xbox, it's actually somewhat nice to use on the PC.

I am thinking, and i have an old question.

After Bungie, which is canon? Halo Reach game, or Halo: The Fall of Reach book?

Because if my memory is good, Reach game is different than book. And now i see this Fall of Reach Animated Series and i dont know what is the situation.

Frankie? Josh? Somebody?

Thx for answer. :)

It's a mix; Fall of Reach saw more and more retcons over the years until the game threw a bunch more variables in. Halsey's Journal reconciles the two.

Tawpgun

Linda's Sniper is 1 shot kill. Or has that H4 beam rifle auto aim.

Kelly shotgun is just the code from Felwinters Lie ported over to Halo

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Honestly I was perfectly hyped with the notion of TFoR being a traditionally animated piece, but now I've heard all these people saying they hope it's done by blur animation and now I want it to be as well.
Would be a good excuse to do something with that Pillar of Autumn CGI model from H2A at least.

Can the Artemis system be used as a tool to detect and activate certain Easter eggs within the campaign, Frankie? Or perhaps the squad commands?

jem0208

I'm loling @ eurogamers attempt to cause a stir.

The "outrage" has begun.

I cannot believe some people would rather pay for maps and not have microtransactions than vice versa.

Also watch as this becomes the biggest thread about Halo on gaming side.

Mind providing a link?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066024

I gotta watch The Sprint today.

It's really, really good. I just binge watched it all.

Edit: found it

Cosmetic microtransactions don't bother me at all - I hope they stay as just cosmetic!

It seems like it's not just cosmetic and players who pay to win will get better items in war zone - I am not entirely upset considering I may not even touch warzone but I wouldn't want pay to win entering other modes

Tawpgun

Edit: found it

Cosmetic microtransactions don't bother me at all - I hope they stay as just cosmetic!

It seems like it's not just cosmetic and players who pay to win will get better items in war zone - I am not entirely upset considering I may not even touch warzone but I wouldn't want pay to win entering other modes

Bad news: they are not all entirely cosmetic.

Good news: they only apply to warzone. And any cool cosmetic ones you buy or happen to get can be applied in arena I believe

link1201

@343 Thanks for doing The Sprint series. I enjoyed it a lot and just wanted to show my appreciation. It was great seeing a glimpse behind the curtain. It was well done and entertaining. Thanks. I hope Warzone turns out to be great but thanks also for keeping the Arena/BTB clean.

Madness

I'm genuinely surprised no MCC for PC. Game is given free as part of Xbox One bundles now. This would be perfect time to restart Halo community on PC while console owners preoccupied with new Halo 5.

AlStrong

I'm genuinely surprised no MCC for PC. Game is given free as part of Xbox One bundles now. This would be perfect time to restart Halo community on PC while console owners preoccupied with new Halo 5.

It'd probably be better to wait until everything were fixed for Win10 Live? Don't want to give the wrong impression on the new OS.

It's still worth keeping in mind that Sabre did port and enhance the Halo 3 engine for Halo Online....... And they've already done CEA and H2A to rather similar architecture and API, bearing in mind that CE and H2V were already on Windows. It wouldn't be a stretch to do additional work to ensure broader HW compatibility and make more revenue for a title that isn't the main selling point anymore (newer titles fill that role), while fitting into their overall gaming strategy for windows/xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom