• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

I'm not a fan of these Covenant redesigns. I don't understand why all of their vehicles and equipment are taking on an insect-like appearance. And side from that, some of the design themselves are bulky and ugly. The new Ghost is the opposite of a sleek vehicle. It looks like a curvy fat bug and isn't attractive at all, IMO.

AlStrong

I'm not a fan of these Covenant redesigns. I don't understand why all of their vehicles and equipment are taking on an insect-like appearance.

343i & buggy? ;D

And side from that, some of the design themselves are bulky and ugly. The new Ghost is the opposite of a sleek vehicle. It looks like a curvy fat bug and isn't attractive at all, IMO.

Yeah, not a huge fan of the bulk myself. Ironically, the plasma rifle would have been ripe for that...

I am just not a fan of the motion comic stuff...I want a "real" animated series.
mm... save the budget for Halo Legends 2, pls. :)

Are there any more details about the October 20th release date for the LE?

If I preorder the digital deluxe edition on the Xbox One, does that come out October 20th as well?

Or is the early release only for the LCE? Sorry for the dumb questions, just want to make sure. It would if we could preload/preorder on the Xbox One and get it the 20th.

If I preorder the digital deluxe edition on the Xbox One, does that come out October 20th as well?

Or is the early release only for the LCE? Sorry for the dumb questions, just want to make sure. It would if we could preload/preorder on the Xbox One and get it the 20th.

You get the LCE a week early because you get a download code for the game and not a physical disc. You still cannot play the game until Oct 27th, per Frankie :)

As for if you mean if it preloads starting then? Probably, not known yet.

CRIMSONxSERAPH

Neo Member
You get the LCE a week early because you get a download code for the game and not a physical disc. You still cannot play the game until Oct 27th, per Frankie :)

Yeah, the week early preload is really nice, but I'm probably just as excited for getting my hands on the rest of the goodies a week early as well.

Interesting question in regards to that: will the Fall of Reach series be available for the LCE purchasers in the Halo Channel early (if there's even a way to do that)? Or will it be released alongside the standard H5G edition?

Ohhh okay.. Now I understand. I thought since it came out on the 20th then we could it play it then.

So the preload for the digital version starts on Oct 20th?
I've never preordered a digital game on the Xbox One before but I'm considering doing it for Halo 5.

Haruko

Any digital preorder will preload.

The LCE is effectively a "digital preorder" because they will ship it to you early, with the digital download code inside.

Either using that LCE code, or preordering a digital copy (regular or deluxe) on the Xbox Store on your console, will preload the game. It's possible that preload can start even before the 20th, but that's about when the LCE people will get their codes. The game itself unlocks on the 27th for all.

Any digital preorder will preload.

The LCE is effectively a "digital preorder" because they will ship it to you early, with the digital download code inside.

Either using that LCE code, or preordering a digital copy (regular or deluxe) on the Xbox Store on your console, will preload the game. It's possible that preload can start even before the 20th, but that's about when the LCE people will get their codes. The game itself unlocks on the 27th for all.

At least the 20th, might be earlier. Nobody knows

Awesome, thanks guys.

Blueblur1

Let me say that the new episodes of The Sprint were great. It seems like they've been recording tons of footage throughout development so hopefully there's much more of it to come.

I really like watching Sparth and see his process. And while I'm not a fan of Covenant redesigns I really do like the new Covenant weapon. The Plasma Caster fits with the rest of the old Covie weapon crew as if it was a weapon out of the Bungie era.

Let me say that the new episodes of The Sprint were great. It seems like they've been recording tons of footage throughout development so hopefully there's much more of it to come.

I really like watching Sparth and see his process. And while I'm not a fan of Covenant redesigns I really do like the new Covenant weapon. The Plasma Caster fits with the rest of the old Covie weapon crew as if it was a weapon out of the Bungie era.

Watching all of that makes you realize how amazing Sparth is as an artist and a designer. That guy has a ridiculous pair of eyes.

Tawpgun

yeah count me out on the insect covy designs.

I think Arbiter armor took a bad hit too. Mainly his new stupid helmet.

Anyone saw the new Wraith? Looks fkn weird.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
yeah count me out on the insect covy designs.

I think Arbiter armor took a bad hit too. Mainly his new stupid helmet.

Anyone saw the new Wraith? Looks fkn weird.

that older version of warzone looked so much more chaotic and awesome. wraiths everywhere, covie drop ships, shit hitting the fan. thats what i want from the final game!

Ok so this is a long shot but

I have no interest in assassination animations. (In fact I prefered watching the enemy Spartan rag doll)

Now that I can customise my assassination animation can I have a customisation option which is simply 'off'?

Getting trapped into an animation when I accidentally hold the button down too long sucked.

op_ivy

first (second?) episode of the sprint season 2. it was brief clips, possibly of the aforementioned older builds where ai werent limited to certain areas, but it looked a lot better IMO. i could see how having the ai everywhere though could impact the mode negatively though, but this *looks* better.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

I have no interest in assassination animations. (In fact I prefered watching the enemy Spartan rag doll)

Now that I can customise my assassination animation can I have a customisation option which is simply 'off'?

Getting trapped into an animation when I accidentally hold the button down too long sucked.
+1

Frankie pls

AlStrong

that older version of warzone looked so much more chaotic and awesome. wraiths everywhere, covie drop ships, shit hitting the fan. thats what i want from the final game!

Guessing it didn't fit well within framerate restrictions and/or may not have played well ?

Yeah I never saw the appeal to them. They take up precious time and leave you very exposed. I guess people consider it a form of teabagging?

Oh well, it's really not hard to just tap the melee button.

op_ivy

Guessing it didn't fit well within framerate restrictions and/or may not have played well ?

frankie, or josh, said that it led to frustrating encounters where you'd be battling the other team and get surprise ambushed by ai and get killed from them. i could also see how having them stay in specific sections would help funnel players to predictable areas and help with he flow of a match.

Yeah I never saw the appeal to them. They take up precious time and leave you very exposed. I guess people consider it a form of teabagging?

It's not hard at all, but The People need something to gripe about before lunch!

link1201

I have no interest in assassination animations. (In fact I preferred watching the enemy Spartan rag doll)

Now that I can customize my assassination animation can I have a customization option which is simply 'off'?

That's a great idea. I am a bk that loves them though even if I know in some situations it's going to get me killed. I can't help myself. I do see how it would be a detrimental to others though.

op_ivy

+1

Frankie pls

yeah, i'd like the ption to remove this too. the novelty wore off long ago, i'd rather it be a quick smack death, and i actually find the old school beat down more satisfying. i hate the accidental assassination at inopportune times.

AlStrong

frankie, or josh, said that it led to frustrating encounters where you'd be battling the other team and get surprise ambushed by ai and get killed from them. i could also see how having them stay in specific sections would help funnel players to predictable areas and help with he flow of a match.

Ah... fair enough.

Still want to see a mode for just player vs AI (lots of AI). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom