• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

this is from a long ways back, but DLC implementation

And DLC support.

The DLC-out-the-gate then holding back / not making anymore DLC until you have a tie in with another Halo game bullshit needs to stop.

Then making it so your later disc release only plays maps from one map pack and doesn't even support loading the other DLC is icing on the shit cake. It's not like they're new to outsourcing, just let Certain Affinity make a ton of maps and release them regularly. Use them for more than remaking Hang Em High over and over again.

Having it happen TWICE now with Halo 3 and Reach pretty much guarantees that I'm not going to buy 4's DLC until it goes on sale.

feel

Two Letters accounts, one HaloGAF thread.
Nah, noone's Mike Dongblain, he's just a fictional character from the Halogaf universe spawned from some random post by OWV. Different people do little stuff here and there impersonating him for fun and to keep the legend alive, with the twitter account, dropbox album account (that was me), xbl account, etc.. and now the with the gaf account which is taking it too far and will surely kill the character.

Unless it was Frankie all along doing it all (except the dropbox account)

Nah, noone's Mike Dongblain, he's just a fictional character from the Halogaf universe spawned from some random post by OWV. Different people do stuff and impersonate him for fun and to keep the legend alive, with the twitter account, dropbox album account (that was me), xbl account, etc.. and now the with the gaf account which is taking it too far and will surely kill the character.

Wait there is a twitter account? I know I have the gamertag, and Google Plus accounts to go with this one but I didn't know someone made a twitter account for me.

You lied. I do now have a twitter account too though. So thanks for reminding me of twitter. lol

Wait there is a twitter account? I know I have the gamertag, and Google Plus accounts to go with this one but I didn't know someone made a twitter account for me.

You lied. I do now have a twitter account too though. So thanks for reminding me of twitter. lol

Tell me who are you are or how I can bribe you.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
An attention starved zany joke account? Well that's one way to inflate post counts here. Was cute watching Eazy do it, now it's just pathetic.

kylej

Banned
Nah, noone's Mike Dongblain, he's just a fictional character from the Halogaf universe spawned from some random post by OWV. Different people do little stuff here and there impersonating him for fun and to keep the legend alive, with the twitter account, dropbox album account (that was me), xbl account, etc.. and now the with the gaf account which is taking it too far and will surely kill the character.

Unless it was Frankie all along doing it all (except the dropbox account)

It's me.

:lol :lol :lol tinychat: halogaf edition confirmed

Well that's what happens when you spend a lot of time in the tinychat. I really shouldn't spend so much time in there. Last night was nuts though with Deadmeaddows being front paged. I feel for those that mod the tiny chat. They had their work cut out for them lastnight.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yup I'm not Eazy. It is fun to sit and watch everyone try to figure out who I am though. I can't help but laugh watching it.

whitner.gif

The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Dongblain.

I'm not quite sure I've ever completely understood this whole dongblain thing.
Well you understand "dong" and "blain" in the Halo context, right?

First post to combine the words (7/22/2011):
Or pending that, book three of the Forerunner trilogy (tentatively titled DONGBLAINIUM).

My guess?
In the third book, the didact, wearing armor very similar in appearance to MC's MJOLNIR, talks with 343 GS and activates the array.

First mention of "Mike Dongblain" (later that same day):
She mentioned someone named Mike Dongblain.

Yes, I'm taking credit for planting the idea that led to the creation of the name Mike Dongblain. Have you ever seen Inception?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not quite sure I've ever completely understood this whole dongblain thing.

Yeah, me neither. It started off as a joke by Frankie, then someone(s) started using the name on XBL, stream chats, Facebook... And at some point teased about being a returning (banned?) member of HaloGAF.

I was personally hoping he would turn out to be a rampant AI, launching a new ARG for Halo 4. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom