• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have nooooo clue what we'll be playing. I wasn't really organizing this, per se, just trying to help with scheduling. I'm down for anything. I imagine people are especially eager to get Defiant and Anniversary achievements done with.

My GT is kittens revolt. Holler at me and we'll figure it out.

I have nooooo clue what we'll be playing. I wasn't really organizing this, per se, just trying to help with scheduling. I'm down for anything. I imagine people are especially eager to get Defiant and Anniversary achievements done with.

I need to know which disc to put in, man! Will we be playing Anniversary or regular Reach?

When the hell did you change your GT?

I was wondering today how different enemies might play in Halo 4 if many of them were robotic, or less life like. Would I feel as threatened? I'm really hoping they wont have covenant equivalent. Like, oh its just the Halo 4 version of a grunt.

I miss halo :/

Retro

I just started playing Metroid Prime 3 a few weeks ago. It didn't feel like Metroid Prime 1 or Metroid Prime 2. Still I like the idea. (Would prefer "Halo"-like missions.)

Oh, absolutely, I was just referring to the atmosphere and feel of the Prime games; I would still want the same Halo-style missions to branch off from the hub world. ODST used flashbacks, but I'd rather they just be doorways, vehicles, teleporter pads... whatever. Then you'd beat the stage and come back to the hub and have to cross the ghostly terrain to the next objective.

I was wondering today how different enemies might play in Halo 4 if many of them were robotic, or less life like. Would I feel as threatened? I'm really hoping they wont have covenant equivalent. Like, oh its just the Halo 4 version of a grunt.

I'm hoping that there's a shitload of forerunner enemies like sentinels, enforcers, etc. Halo Legends had some pretty badass-looking Forerunner machines;
K7qa4.png

This was supposed to appear in Halo 3 but was cut, it's a "Strato Sentinel" apparently;
57eEb.jpg

The idea of stepping into the shoes of Master Chief, alone on a planet filled with crap like that thing hunting me as I make my way across a vast and impossibly ancient landscape like we've seen in the Concept Art trailer? The prospect of Halo 4 being like that makes me wet.

Karl2177

Xand and Over have been accepted. Mike Dongblain has been banned and Fyrewulff is still a junior. Today is an oddly hilarious day.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I need to know which disc to put in, man! Will we be playing Anniversary or regular Reach?

Alright then, let's say Reach disc to start off with. Defiant and Noble included, of course.

Oh, absolutely, I was just referring to the atmosphere and feel of the Prime games; I would still want the same Halo-style missions to branch off from the hub world. ODST used flashbacks, but I'd rather they just be doorways, vehicles, teleporter pads... whatever. Then you'd beat the stage and come back to the hub and have to cross the ghostly terrain to the next objective.

I'm hoping that there's a shitload of forerunner enemies like sentinels, enforcers, etc. Halo Legends had some pretty badass-looking Forerunner machines;
K7qa4.png

This was supposed to appear in Halo 3 but was cut, it's a "Strato Sentinel" apparently;
57eEb.jpg

The idea of stepping into the shoes of Master Chief, alone on a planet filled with crap like that thing hunting me as I make my way across a vast and impossibly ancient landscape like we've seen in the Concept Art trailer? The prospect of Halo 4 being like that makes me wet.

Eh, I dunno, I really dont enjoy fighting too many robots, etc. I know we will definitely see some, but I really hope they are not the main fluff of the game.

neoism

Hi my name is Xand and I have been lurking here for way too long. I actually remember when Wilford Brimley and his beautiful stables were a topic of discussion.

I would have posted yesterday but I didn't want to admit I was accepted on the same day as Over because that is a stink that just won't wash off. I also didn't want Heckfu to off himself.

So here I am today just a boy, standing in front of Halogaf, asking it to love me.

What UP! :p

Retro

Eh, I dunno, I really dont enjoy fighting too many robots, etc. I know we will definitely see some, but I really hope they are not the main fluff of the game.

If there's plenty of variety in the robot types, I dunno that I would mind. The terminals in Anniversary imply that
the Didact and something called "Prometheans"
might make an appearance too, so in theory we could be fighting Forerunner robots AND
forerunners who have somehow managed to survive all these years
too.

This is also complete speculation and I haven't read the books, but I'm thinking the first chunk of Halo 4 is Chief and Cortana trying to access the Forerunner Planet's communications so they can call for help. The second half is after that help arrives
aboard the UNSC Infinity. Maybe their arrival somehow triggers something on the planet (since the Infinity uses Forerunner tech) and that lets loose a whole new series of baddies to fight (or the aforementioned Prometheans, whatever the hell they are).

I'd be okay not fighting the Covenant again, and definitely okay with never seeing the flood again. Both are great enemies and part of the Halo mythos, but at this point... I'm ready for something new to shoot at (would definitely be cool with the Covenant being allies though, that moment in Halo 3 where the Hunters show up and are on your side? Wicked)

Gui_PT

Hey guys, what's going o..
2e576e93udj.gif

Hi my name is Xand and I have been lurking here for way too long. I actually remember when Wilford Brimley and his beautiful stables were a topic of discussion.

I would have posted yesterday but I didn't want to admit I was accepted on the same day as Over because that is a stink that just won't wash off. I also didn't want Heckfu to off himself.

So here I am today just a boy, standing in front of Halogaf, asking it to love me.

5AWyL.gif

Edit: Please get an avatar so I can scroll past your posts as soon as I notice it's you who's posting

If there's plenty of variety in the robot types, I dunno that I would mind. The terminals in Anniversary imply that
the Didact and something called "Prometheans"
might make an appearance too, so in theory we could be fighting Forerunner robots AND
forerunners who have somehow managed to survive all these years
too.

This is also complete speculation and I haven't read the books, but I'm thinking the first chunk of Halo 4 is Chief and Cortana trying to access the Forerunner Planet's communications so they can call for help. The second half is after that help arrives
aboard the UNSC Infinity. Maybe their arrival somehow triggers something on the planet (since the Infinity uses Forerunner tech) and that lets loose a whole new series of baddies to fight (or the aforementioned Prometheans, whatever the hell they are).

I'd be okay not fighting the Covenant again, and definitely okay with never seeing the flood again. Both are great enemies and part of the Halo mythos, but at this point... I'm ready for something new to shoot at (would definitely be cool with the Covenant being allies though, that moment in Halo 3 where the Hunters show up and are on your side? Wicked)

I agree, but there is just something more interesting in fighting truly living, talking interacting creatures. I am sure we will be fighting some cool forerunner tech, but I hope there are also true enemies to fight..even if they are dangerous wildlife at times. Halo 4 has so much potential to do so much different.. Im excited.

What is this? Finally!

feel

Just had a look at my missing reach achievements and what a complete pile of shit they are. Shame on you 343i.

Any achievement group still going?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just had a look at my missing reach achievements and what a complete pile of shit they are. Shame on you 343i.

Any achievement group still going?

Yup, still happening. I'm leaving after the current match cause Dax keeps singing at me. But other folks may be staying in for a while.

CyReN

I 100% H3 and ODST before the launch of Reach, I don't think it's even possible to do Reach now..

What I need:

Skunked!
Win a game of Invasion in the 1st phase.

Totally Worth It
Noble 1: Earn a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Crackin' Skulls
Defiant: Kill 3 players with the Oddball in a matchmade Oddball game.

You Ate All the Chips
Noble 1: Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.

Candy from a Baby
Defiant: Capture two flags from an enemy capture zone in a matchmade Stockpile game.

You Blew It Up!
Noble 1: Blow up the research facility in a matchmade Invasion game on Breakpoint.

Poppin' & Lockin'
Noble 1: Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.

Offensive Driver
Noble 1: Earn a kill in a matchmade Rocket Race game.

Don't Touch That!

Defiant: Prevent the attacking team from touching the flag in a matchmade 1-Flag CTF game.

Paper Beats Rock
Defiant: Assassinate a player that just exited Armor-Lock in a matchmade game.

All Alone
Defiant: Be the last surviving uninfected player in a matchmade Infection game.

Emergency Room
Anniversary: Infect 3 players in a single round in a matchmade Infection game.

Stick it to the Man!
Anniversary: Stick and kill the flag carrier with a Plasma Grenade in a matchmade game.

Dive Bomber
Anniversary: Perform a Beat Down on an enemy player while using the Jetpack during a matchmade game.

License to Kill
Anniversary: Run over 5 people with a vehicle in a matchmade game.

Bounty Hunter
Anniversary: Capture 10 skulls at once in a matchmade Headhunter game.

From Hell's Heart
Anniversary: Kill an enemy with their own Plasma Grenade that is stuck to you in a matchmade game.

Booshka

I 100% H3 and ODST before the launch of Reach, I don't think it's even possible to do Reach now..

I still need Master Thief in Shadowrun, I've played that game for like 2000 hours and I can't get it. Everybody knows all the sneaky flag routes now. I remember friends of mine were boosting achievements right when the game came out, and I chose not to join lol.

FyreWulff

I'll probably try to get back on to get the last stupid Anniversary ones, but at least I got all the stupid Defiant ones out of the way.

100% party with Defiant and we have to get a game 3 times before any variant of Condemned is offered is silly.

wwm0nkey

Im never going to 100% Reach. So many stupid achievements added.

Really hope 343i never puts MP achievements in again unless they are milestone achievements which I am fine with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom