• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

monome

If anyone's after a handy breakdown and summary of the detail from the new Halo Sparkast, you can find it here:

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/03/analysis-of-february-halo-sparkcast.html

Hype rising with a revengeance. Never felt so tense about a game reveal and I've been reading video games related magazines for 20 years now.

"Changes are due to the functions of his suit"
"specific character feature"
Bring it!

If people were flipping out about the Chief they'll be flipping about a lot of other elements of the industrial design of Halo 4. Frank says "in a good way"
Oulala!

zap

It's ridiculous how much hype they have managed to generate with only one trailer and a toy reveal in over six months of waiting.

Don't let us down, Frankie.

Lluvia de muertos!

I have yet to hear these words myself on Reach, curiously that's not the announcer we have on Spain but the latin one (Mexico, Argentine...) and now that I heard it it sounds pretty weird to me :lol.

This is the spaniard one, which sounds much better imo.

Edit: the podcast is increasing my hype levels too much, bring the bulletin early instead of late night :(

Hey, Bobs, SSX just popped through the door, I'll tell you how it is. : )

Yeah, theres a lot of mixed reviews out there, it will be interesting to see what you think of it. wwmonkey how are you finding it so far?

I think depending on what you guys say I may try and pick it up for like this coming week or wait for a price drop lol.

So anyone want to guess if TU or vanilla won the Team Slayer voting?

I think vanilla won, there are just too many armor lock kids who don't want to lose their crutch.

Yeah, theres a lot of mixed reviews out there, it will be interesting to see what you think of it. wwmonkey how are you finding it so far?

I think depending on what you guys say I may try and pick it up for like this coming week or wait for a price drop lol.

Bobs, get it, holy fuck at the trick it track serenity! I don't think you have to worry about the competiveness of the game, in global event you ride agains ghost from bronze -diamond level, they don't have to be on your friends list, which I like.

FyreWulff

So anyone want to guess if TU or vanilla won the Team Slayer voting?

I think vanilla won, there are just too many armor lock kids who don't want to lose their crutch.

Funny how Bungie wasn't including AL in any new playlists.. then 343 starts introducing it back into playlists because they decided to attach an achievement to it. As it is, I'm completely indifferent to who won. Might as well make it 100% TU because "Vanilla Reach is still available" with 2 non-specialty playlists is a joke.

JuanGGZ

Banned
I imagine, by next week you will be in a hype induced coma.

Oh shit, Bioshock infinite is out October 19, now let's see when Halo 4 is scheduled for.

I heard October 16. Maybe it's only for EU.

EDIT : October 16 in North America and on October 19 internationally.

Funny how Bungie wasn't including AL in any new playlists.. then 343 starts introducing it back into playlists because they decided to attach an achievement to it. As it is, I'm completely indifferent to who won. Might as well make it 100% TU because "Vanilla Reach is still available" with 2 non-specialty playlists is a joke.

Yeah 343 certainly need to change whoever does the achievement's, that last batch were awful. Your right, attaching achievements to game mechanics which are slowly being phased out because out how disliked they are seems incredibly inept.

Bobs, get it, holy fuck at the trick it track serenity! I don't think you have to worry about the competiveness of the game, in global event you ride agains ghost from bronze -diamond level, they don't have to be on your friends list, which I like.

Tell me about the race tracks damn you :p

Kibbles

The BR is back, isn't it?

5IzRc.jpg

daedalius

It's less what you know and more who you know.

Yea, don't remind me.

Kind of annoying actually, but understandable.

But still, without the skills, it doesn't matter who you know.

Listening to the podcast, GET HYPE! lol @ trolling frank after the abrupt transition and magical podcast talk. March needs to get here faster; wait no it doesn't, I have shit I need to learn.

monome

Dammit just when I started hating Raiden, now I kind of like him.

PlatinumGames can make anyone awesome.

Gameplay wise since the armor changes are an indication of the Chief's abilities, methink we'll get to play a more acrobatic Chief as regards to how much more articulable his armor is.

Yea, don't remind me.

Kind of annoying actually, but understandable.

But still, without the skills, it doesn't matter who you know.

Listening to the podcast, GET HYPE! lol @ trolling frank after the abrupt transition and magical podcast talk. March needs to get here faster; wait no it doesn't, I have shit I need to learn.

March is already here. :p

FyreWulff

Here's hoping for Tu settings in Squad dlc come March!

Assumes Squad DLC will be around for much longer. If one were to cut based on population, Team Objective and Squad DLC would the first off the plank. It just never recovered after Anniversary requirement was slapped on it.

And since 343 no longer wants to mix TU and Vanilla in one playlist, it'll probably just get deleted since they probably don't want a vanilla Invasion gametype mixed in with TU gametypes.

daedalius

I'm wishing for a DMR/BR hybrid, personally. Burst fire unscoped, single-shot (2x) scoped. The ultimate human utility weapon.

How would you rectify the damage though?

Do bullets magically do more damage when zoomed in then?

Is it going to take 12 hits (4 bursts zoomed out) to kill someone when you zoom in?

How would you rectify the damage though?

Do bullets magically do more damage when zoomed in then?

Is it going to take 12 hits (4 bursts zoomed out) to kill someone when you zoom in?

maybe a slightly increased rof when scoped?
and btw you don't want a single shot scoped br/dmr to be too much powerful, unless you want to ruin btb again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom