• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be any online source to view Halo: Reach screenshots/films/clips? -naporu98

We will be bringing Halo: Reach files to the web version of Halo Waypoint this summer. That means there will be a short period where new Halo: Reach user-generated content will not be accessible from the web. However, during that window, everything will continue to be available in-game.

What about screenshots from Halo 3 and ODST?

I guess the removal of bleed through will please a lot of people. Im a fan of it so a bit disappointed but oh well. Hopefully Halo 4 will be designed with it in mind. Pretty excited for what we will see next update based on Frankies earlier post and BS Angels explanation of 'embargo' lol.

Karl2177

Bleedthrough is good and bad. If only there was a way to only have bleedthrough apply to melee and maybe an update to Firefight... Otherwise I enjoyed the update.

EDIT: Will Super Slayer be 4v4/5v5?

GhaleonEB

I guess the removal of bleed through will please a lot of people. Im a fan of it so a bit disappointed but oh well. Hopefully Halo 4 will be designed with it in mind. Pretty excited for what we will see next update based on Frankies earlier post and BS Angels explanation of embargo lol.

Bleedthrough was the reason I decided not to play any TU game types again, after last night. Which sort of nuked most of the playlsits for me. I just got to that point in the Bulletin, and I'm delighted. Once it is removed, I'll dabble in the playlists again.
I don't think that is ever possible. =P

I think he might be somewhat less bitchy. Progress!

Ramirez

I love the fact that we're going back to the jank of shooting someone 3-4 times then meleeing and someone meleeing you puts you back on equal footing. No, really...

Why up TO to 5v5? Not that I play it much anymore, but player count wasn't the playlists problem...

Evade is stupid, but I hate Invis and Jetpack so much more.

I love the fact that we're going back to the jank of shooting someone 3-4 times then meleeing and someone meleeing you puts you back on equal footing. No, really...

Why up TO to 5v5? Not that I play it much anymore, but player count wasn't the playlists problem...

Evade is stupid, but I hate Invis and Jetpack so much more.

Bleedthrough was broke in reach, Being killed from a dmr shot when you had shields SUCKED

Ramirez

Bleedthrough was broke in reach, Being killed from a dmr shot when you had shields SUCKED

So I guess you hated getting killed in 2/3 when your shields came back up, but you were still weak?

I'll take the occasional bleed through shield death over not being able to have a chance against a guy who comes up on me when I just finished a fight. Just when I was starting to enjoy Reach a little...meh.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
super slayer is 4v4? no more 5v5? i really liked the additional players personally

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Firefight is dead for months, Ghal. Give up. Move on.

No way. I've rekindled my love for Firefight again recently. Not in matchmaking, though. The net code is just too frustrating. And I love playing FF with Evade.

Ramirez

That's also true. Surely they could just make bleedthrough only work with melee or something to fix the problem. Because the situation Ramirez described sucks just as much if you ask me

I seriously do not understand how anyone could enjoy the system of where your shots mean absolutely nothing if someone melees you and you hit them back, so lame.

I already know what some of you are going to say, "BUT DON'T LET THEM GET IN MELEE DISTANCE, DERP." Kinda hard when people can sprint at you, at least when people sprint at you with bleed through you can put a couple shots in them and kill them with your melee.

I really hope this doesn't mean 4 won't have bleed through...

So if I understand it right, they are basically renaming squad slayer to super slayer? (only now 4v4) Don't really like the name but that's really nitpicking :p

Also, how big is the chance we'll reach page 343 with no new Halo 4 info? At this rate, I think we actually have a chance!

- Evade gone.
- Bugged bleedthrough gone.
- Halo 4 news next week.

Taste the happy, Michael!

(I'll miss melee bleedthrough, but headshot bleedthrough had to go.)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i agree with ram on bleedthrough, but its not a game breaker and i can live with or without it.

Ramirez

So if I understand it right, they are basically renaming squad slayer to super slayer? (only now 4v4) Don't really like the name but that's really nitpicking :p

Also, how big is the chance we'll reach page 343 with no new Halo 4 info? At this rate, I think we actually have a chance!

Wait, SquadS is gone? What's the point of replacing a 5v5 list with a 4v4? All this does is make it more likely I get stuck playing BTB. This update sucks.

PNut

Banned
Bleedthrough removed! Yes! TU is better than vanilla Reach now. I can now choose TU Countdown and no longer have to time grenade spawns. Thank you!

Booshka

I love what bleedthrough does for weapons, but not melee's. Melee is ass in Reach anyway, but I don't understand why people complain about getting killed through their shield with a bleedthrough headshot. The bullet did enough damage to strip your shield and hit you in the dome, like every other Halo.

My biggest issue with not having bleedthrough is how it affects teamshooting. If a player gets someone's shield stripped to be "one-shot" by the time a teammate can get a clean shot on the guy he may have recharged a sliver of shields and is no longer "one-shot." Now that teammate has to strip his shields again and then get the final shot. I didn't like that about Reach. I understand the arguments for player feedback and all that, but seriously, I don't have a problem with knowing how weak I am or when I can be killed with a headshot. I've played enough past Halo games to know that if my shields are low, a BR/DMR/Pistol can probably can kill me in one headshot. Same goes for knowing how weak an enemy is, I can tell by the flare of their shields and the animations that go along with it.

Firefight is in a vicious cycle right now. (Or I think it is) The most/few/whatever people who cared are not playing it anymore because of the repetitive gametypes. I didn't give attention to the playlist numbers but they are below 2000? Or it belongs to the less popular playlists. Because of it, Firefight is low on the Matchmaking update priority list.

Especially the gametypes RCmaster created could give Firefight a new life.

Ramirez

My biggest issue with not having bleedthrough is how it affects teamshooting. If a player gets someone's shield stripped to be "one-shot" by the time a teammate can get a clean shot on the guy he may have recharged a sliver of shields and is no longer "one-shot." Now that teammate has to strip his shields again and then get the final shot. I didn't like that about Reach. I understand the arguments for player feedback and all that, but seriously, I don't have a problem with knowing how weak I am or when I can be killed with a headshot. I've played enough past Halo games to know that if my shields are low, a BR/DMR/Pistol can probably can kill me in one headshot. Same goes for knowing how weak an enemy is, I can tell by the flare of their shields and the animations that go along with it.

This, so much. The same goes for melee though, I'm not advocating AR+Beatdown rush, it's just complete horse crap that your bullets mean absolutely nothing if someone melees you prior to you breaking their shield.

Karl2177

I love what bleedthrough does for weapons, but not melee's. Melee is ass in Reach anyway, but I don't understand why people complain about getting killed through their shield with a bleedthrough headshot. The bullet did enough damage to strip your shield and hit you in the dome, like every other Halo.

Kill me with a BR by hitting 11 shots to my head. The 12th shot kills me only because my shields are gone. Only with power weapons do bleedthrough kills happen.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
NOT HALO 4

But sweet.

haloassaultrifle.jpg

More

All of this.

I hope Halo 4 impliments bullet bleed through.

Im quite happy about the removal of Evade though. :p

As for Firefight, it will never be a mode I play regularly, but the modes in there at the moment are what killed it for me. A better range of gametypes would be beneficial for sure. For me after a while modes against the AI always lose luster after a while but im sure there are many like Ghaleon who would play a updated firefight list a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom