• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

You know what I am going to remain optimistic(delusional) and think since the game is not out yet and Frankie said they still working on something that just maybe, maybe there will be a ranking system implemented. It may not be day 1, but maybe day 30.

gillFTR

I think he's confused by the mouse and keyboard adapter comment :). I sure as hell was.

I think I posted about it earlier. Been a PC gamer since early on in my life... started Halo on the PC etc. I played Halo 3 campaign buts thats about it, I could just never get passed using the controller :p. Recently I found a solution to that problem, so now I can enjoy halo again.

blamite

Vortex looks really nice. A bit darker than I'd like, but looks like we're back to having fun BTB maps finally.

Incineration Cannon projectiles look super cool, like the Wabe Beam from Metroid Prime. (more Metroid comparisons lol)

And did a new guy take over the stream, or did this guy just get much less annoying while I wasn't looking?

gillFTR

Vortex looks really nice. A bit darker than I'd like, but looks like we're back to having fun BTB maps finally.

Incineration Cannon projectiles look super cool, like the Wabe Beam from Metroid Prime. (more Metroid comparisons lol)

And did a new guy take over the stream, or did this guy just get much less annoying while I wasn't looking?

Wait till he starts playing multiplayer again.

JackHerer

lol this guy has the game and still he doesn't know anything. Thinks SR-x is skill rank and thinks Infinity Slayer is based on points from medals (as in +5 for assist, +30 assassination, etc) and not kills.

Blissful

Neo Member
Already getting bored watching multiplayer.. Gives me a COD feeling with the joining in the middle of the game and how you cant betray team mates lol.

Redford

aka Cabbie
lol this guy has the game and still he doesn't know anything. Thinks SR-x is skill rank and thinks Infinity Slayer is based on points from medals (as in +5 for assist, +30 assisanation, etc) and not kills.

Earlier he said it was basically like Reach, so he knows that much.

Ryaaan14

Banned
EVA helmet prereq is a motherfucking commendation level?

iJW3qoaXKK2J9.gif

Blissful

Neo Member
It didn't need a beta. You're just going to have to trust them.

3 years of working hard on this game and they couldn't come up with a great ranking system idea but added a lot of newb-friendly features. Halo MM will never be the same :(

3 years of working hard on this game and they couldn't come up with a great ranking system idea but added a lot of newb-friendly features. Halo MM will never be the same :(
Already getting bored watching multiplayer.. Gives me a COD feeling with the joining in the middle of the game and how you cant betray team mates lol.
Trust the new dudes taking over one of your favorite franchises?
It didn't need a beta. You're just going to have to trust them.

lmao

I think the general theme we've had since this game was first playable has been this:

People that haven't played it bitch... a lot, and think the changes are the worst things ever.

People that finally get to play it like it, and generally like the changes.

The takeaway from this would be hold onto your bitching until you actually play the game. It's almost here. Calm down.

EDIT: Leaked info about Theater, forge options, etc. are totally fair game for bitching, as they aren't gameplay/playlist/design changes.

Blissful

Neo Member
I think the general theme we've had since this game was first playable has been this:

People that haven't played it bitch... a lot, and think the changes are the worst things ever.

The takeaway from this would be hold onto your bitching until you actually play the game. It's almost here. Calm down.

I think when people first play it, they will enjoy it because it is something new. Same thing happened with Halo Reach and look where that lead us as a community today. 343 didn't really learn from Reach because they pretty much used it as a building block for Halo 4. I am just really disappointed with the MM, but the campaign and SpartanOps look and sound amazing

nomis

Why the fuck do Grifball and Infection players get special game types that demonstrably took development time to implement... but people who like to play "MLG style" get basic, basic, features that are conducive to a competitive game like flag juggling and red X's over dead teammates REMOVED?

There's no fucking return on investment analysis to be done here on whether catering to a vocal minority of MLG fans is worth it for them. Forget a Halo: Arena XBLA game... everything that could be done in that could be done in a Halo 4 playlist with negligible 343i man hours. It's called not caring. If Ragnarok is any indication, they could literally direct port maps from Halo 3 like Heretic/Guardian/Pit, and the Halo 4 base attributes wouldn't render them unplayable.

Why the fuck do Grifball and Infection players get special game types that demonstrably took development time to implement... but people who like to play "MLG style" get basic, basic, features that are conducive to a competitive game like flag juggling and red X's over dead teammates REMOVED?

There's no fucking return on investment analysis to be done here on whether catering to a vocal minority of MLG fans is worth it for them. Forget a Halo: Arena XBLA game... everything that could be done in that could be done in a Halo 4 playlist with negligible 343i man hours. It's called not caring. If Ragnarok is any indication, they could literally direct port maps from Halo 3 like Heretic/Guardian/Pit, and the Halo 4 base attributes wouldn't render them unplayable.

Inb4 captain SLRP.

I honestly agree. they say they are supporting all communities but they ignore the competitive community in favor of Throwing the oddball, reskinning Infection and Having the flag changes for the sake of change.

Shadders

EDIT: Leaked info about Theater, forge options, etc. are totally fair game for bitching, as they aren't gameplay/playlist/design changes.

I've played Halo 4 a lot, probably about 8-10 hours of game time and I can definitely confirm that the moment-to-moment gunplay is fantastic. Genuinely some of the most fun I've had in a Halo game.

A lot of people are complaining about the metagame, the long term goals and unlock structure. This is the sort of thing that even those who've played it can't really comment on with authority.

Lol stream dead.. shame, I was hoping to see him get banned from Live.

I think when people first play it, they will enjoy it because it is something new. Same thing happened with Halo Reach and look where that lead us as a community today. 343 didn't really learn from Reach because they pretty much used it as a building block for Halo 4. I am just really disappointed with the MM, but the campaign and SpartanOps look and sound amazing
Mhm. This post implies that negative reactions are somehow more truthful than positive ones, which is a bit ridiculous. Besides, if you approach the game with the right mindset, you're impressions won't be *all* positive.

Tactical and support abilities are little more than nuances: They're not noticeable for the most part. AAs are far more apparent, but believe me when I say you won't lose anything – or put yourself at a disadvantage – if you forgo them entirely.

Give it a try first, sweetie. You shouldn't be so down in the dumps.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The stream I was watching just got closed by USTREAM, haha.

It was fun while it lasted. I still haven't caught a match on Vortex yet, though.

feel

Aaww the stream went before his xbl account?

oh :)

A lot of people on Halogaf absolutely hated Reach from the very start of the F&F beta, I remember a lot of meltdowns including mine.

Wait, X's over your death area are gone, AND friendly fire is off? Please tell me this is not true...

I dunno what stream you guys are watching, but in all the games I played tonight friendly fire was on. Can't recall anything about Xs over your head, but I don't remember noticing them not being there.

Top Bottom