• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What in the actual fuck does that have to do with what the original statement was about?

You say the levels don't mean more, but the levels actually unlock more gameplay altering perks, so they do mean more in a way.

said it early in some halo thread, but i'd be shocked if any of the specialization perks beat ammo, dexterity, mobility, and resupply - including the vehicle emp one.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think truskill is really working. And it's a good thing. I just spent 2 hours that FLEW by playing infinity slayer and none of the games were blow outs win or lose. Still very very happy with halo. Also that 2 hour was solo.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I think truskill is really working. And it's a good thing. I just spent 2 hours that FLEW by playing infinity slayer and none of the games were blow outs win or lose. Still very very happy with halo. Also that 2 hour was solo.

my solo experiences have been pretty great too - as good as it can be anyways (better then reach)

malfcn

I am still wondering what this recruit looking unlock was that popped up after a match. I thought it said background or foreground or something. Basically it just a star on one of the 'tags' - But looking at all the unlockables I don't see it. Maybe it was a commendation?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep

Will have to try that in regular slayer, trueskill definitely doesn't do anything when it comes to BTB.

Granted not much skill is required to play in that playlists.

def sim

I am still wondering what this recruit looking unlock was that popped up after a match. I thought it said background or foreground or something. Basically it just a star on one of the 'tags' - But looking at all the unlockables I don't see it. Maybe it was a commendation?

Those are for the bottom row set of emblems. Usually basic background shapes.

Ken

What in the actual fuck does that have to do with what the original statement was about?

You say the levels don't mean more, but the levels actually unlock more gameplay altering perks, so they do mean more in a way.

I say levels don't mean more as in a SR-150 doesn't mean anything more than a SR-60. Both players are given the same opportunity to choose from the same pool of "gameplay altering perks." If levels meant something, the SR-150 would be given some specialization unavailable to the SR-60 guy. If I see a SR-150 guy in the lobby, I'll just say "oh this guy spent a lot of time playing the game." I won't say "wow I hope he shows off the cool unlocks exclusive to SR-150" because there aren't any.

I don't mean to say SR-1 to SR-50 mean nothing, I mean beyond that those extra 70-80 extra levels don't really mean much IMO.

But levels are silly so whatever.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't play BTB so stuff related to vehicles doesn't really bother me.

Was just trying to say that levels don't mean much in this game. Maybe if sets of specializations were unlocked in stages of tiers (tier 3 unlocks at SR-50, tier 2 unlocks at SR-80, etc) then maybe I'd agree that levels mean a little more in this game but since the same specializations are offered to both an SR-50 and an SR-150 I can't agree that levels are more meaningful than an indicator of how much time you spent playing the game/Mountain Dew you chugged.

They mean more than Reach because of potential specialization unlocks. I didn't mean they mean more in terms of high level equaling higher skill. I thought that was obvious.

Ramirez

said it early in some halo thread, but i'd be shocked if any of the specialization perks beat ammo, dexterity, mobility, and resupply - including the vehicle emp one.

I think the reduced flinch will be OP as hell if it actually reduces it noticeably.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think the reduced flinch will be OP as hell if it actually reduces it noticeably.

Yea that might be pretty wild. We'll see when they're unlocked. Also, Dexterity, Mobility and Resupply are overrated in my opinion. Ammo and Ordnance Priority are top notch. I think the specialization mods seem worth grinding for them, which is nice.

Ramirez

Yea that might be pretty wild. We'll see when they're unlocked. Also, Dexterity, Mobility and Resupply are overrated in my opinion. Ammo and Ordnance Priority are top notch. I think the specialization mods seem worth grinding for them, which is nice.

Dex is pretty rigged for power weapons like Rockets/Cannon.

malfcn

Also, is it seriously taking matches away from my DXP pool when I am at the cap?

Entered in the Day 1 code. Doesn't look I got any XP for it.

Ramirez

OT, but Metroid Prime turned 10 today, please do yourself a favor and play this gem if you never have. Truly one of the most brilliant games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
HAHAHAHAHAA

Was trying to do the mantis portion of infinity without dying
What happens? Three jackals take turns EMPing me.

lmfao

malfcn

Just saw a SR66. I probably won't use their perks, who knows. Damn, a 77 now.

Also fix the back button. It makes you stop moving. Want to check scores while moving, like Gears.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Gauss Hogs are still in matchmaking. In 2012.

I don't know how the hell 343 made BTB worse than Reach Heavies, but by God they did it.

TCKaos

I know I probably posted this idea a million times before, but what if instead of Halo 2 Anniversary we got a Spops episode that had the best engagements in the game.

Chapter 1: Outskirts Courtyard (replace Drones with Watchers?)
Chapter 2: Metropolis Scarab Battle

Can't think of any others.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Everyone of your posts is just terrible hyperbole, please take a step back and read before posting.

Is it really that controversial of an opinion? What aspects of BTB have been improved from Reach to 4?

edit: Using Exile as an example, there are 13 vehicles at spawn. In a typical game, an average player will earn 1-2 personal ordnance drops. That's up to 32 power weapons on the map during a match, not even counting global ordnance. Throw in flinching when shot and a 3x DMR, I just don't see the fun.

Manic

Neo Member
Did the servers just break? I can't even join a party. Neither can any of my friends.

Just happened to me, Been sent into Default Hopper.

Anyone know a possible fix? I already tried resetting my modem, Installed all the MP again.

Really annoying when I'm getting constant invites.

Ramirez

Is it really that controversial of an opinion? What aspects of BTB have been improved from Reach to 4?

edit: Using Exile as an example, there are 13 vehicles at spawn. In a typical game, an average player will earn 1-2 personal ordnance drops. That's up to 32 power weapons on the map during a match, not even counting global ordnance. Throw in flinching when shot and a 3x DMR, I just don't see the fun.

You said it was worse than Heavies, it isn't, not even close.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Stop playing BTB?

Fracas

#fuckonami
You said it was worse than Heavies, it isn't, not even close.
For me, it is. Or at least the Infinity Slayer flavor of BTB. I really want to try out objective gametypes if/when they get integrated. I can handle the vehicles and my other gripes to an extent, it's the sheer number of power weapons that turns me off the most.
Stop playing BTB?
Played my last game of it (at least by myself) earlier.

It'd be so much better if it was without personal ordnance IMO.

seriously.jpg

While I am in agreement about the Gauss Hog I'll take Halo 4 BTB any day over the 2v8 Banshee bombing bloomtastic gunplay that plagued Reach. I also never ever want spend another second on a map the likes of Paradiso ever again.

edit: With faster kill times, AA's and improved loadouts the vehicles and power weapons are not as much of a factor as you make them out to be. The balance in regards to the overall BTB weapon sandbox, warts and all, is vastly improved in comparison to Reach as far as I'm concerned.

Omni

Accidentally 'dropped' my controller on the ground and broke the left bumper... Mmm, guess I can't use any AAs until I can buy a new one. :s

You cannot see weapon stats per playlist, only weapon stats overall.

Go to your Halo 4 stats (top right) after you've logged in to Waypoint:
http://puu.sh/1roX0[img]

Click the globe ("War Games Matchmaking"):
[img]http://puu.sh/1roXL[img]

Click "Game Variants" on left side of the War Games Matchmaking tab:
[img]http://puu.sh/1roYI[img]

Scroll down until you see weapons:
[img]http://puu.sh/1roZs[img]

Click "View all weapon stats" to everything that's not the top three.

Just wanted to show how obnoxiously complex this process is. It took under three clicks on Bnet.[/QUOTE]
Nope, here's what's so baffling: you CANNOT see your weapon stats by overall War Games matches, nor by playlist, just by gametype.
[quote="Enfinit, post: 44461101"]It's only a matter of time before they're all consolidated into one objective playlist.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, I really hope that doesn't happen. So nice to be able to play the gametype that I want to play.
[quote="Stinkles, post: 44461116"]I'm off on vacation for a couple of weeks. Peace. I will pop in when I need salt for the rim of my margarita.[/QUOTE]
Have a SLTY one on me.

Speaking of salt, spawned repeatedly into a Camo Elite's arms with a sword for 5 straight minutes in a SpOps mission today. Fun™ Good enough™

[spoiler]There's your salt Frank :p[/spoiler]
[quote="Ramirez, post: 44462911"]OT, but Metroid Prime turned 10 today, please do yourself a favor and play this gem if you never have. Truly one of the most brilliant games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.[/QUOTE]

Co-sign this. Incredible game.

Top Bottom