• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Team Snipers has the stupid Dynamic spawns that they had on Narrows. Push too far forward and they spawn on the other side of the map.

The maps are the size of Russia and if you take the fight to the campers they spawn on the other side of the map. I am now playing a shitty game of yoyo where I am running from one side of the map to the other trying to snipe the pricks before they crouch snipe me.

Where is the Halo I used to love?

IHaveIce

Banned
Team Snipers has the stupid Dynamic spawns that they had on Narrows. Push too far forward and they spawn on the other side of the map.

The maps are the size of Russia and if you take the fight to the campers they spawn on the other side of the map. I am now playing a shitty game of yoyo where I am running from one side of the map to the other trying to snipe the pricks before they crouch snipe me.

Where is the Halo I used to love?

Yep, I can't believe I'm gonna say this but Complex worked for me the best today in Team Snipers, and that is odd because Complex is shit.

Exile was also good, Ragnarok was ok, Vortex was too big, Solace really is something else, I have to play more games on Solace, but I think there were the spawns extremely like you described

This is how Halo 4's spawn system works now.

Ill throw it on my list of things I strongly dislike about the game... if I have any ink left.

Smaller Sniper maps would honestly make Snipers a lot more fun. Hopefully next time it rolls round there is more in there.

Nah, that was it.

How did you finds spops? That fourth mission man, silly silly fun.

I'm on tomorrow, if you wanna run through it on co-op?

So far all the missions have been a huge step up. Gameplay is improving, the cutscenes and fiction are still doing nothing for me though.
Why are the Spartans all so boneheaded? Why is Halsey now playing upto being evil? "First thing we did was shut them up", whoever is writing this is basically rewriting what I liked about Halo into something pretty generic.

Need to run through the last one, but a co op run of them could be fun for sure.

So far all the missions have been a huge step up. Gameplay is improving, the cutscenes and fiction are still doing nothing for me though.
Why are the Spartans all so boneheaded? Why is Halsey now playing upto being evil? "First thing we did was shut them up", whoever is writing this is basically rewriting what I liked about Halo into something pretty generic.

Need to run through the last one, but a co op run of them could be fun for sure.

Quite frankly, I loved that line of hers, and I'm as staunch a Halsey defender as there is. "STFD and STFU", LOVED. IT. She was defending herself, beaten but not broken.

That's my Catherine, :')

So why don't we have FireFight in Halo 4 again? Apparently, AI can be spawned on some multilplayer maps. If more multiplayer maps show op in Spartan Ops, then why didn't 343 take a little more effort to put in a firefight gamemode on the same multiplayer maps. They could have used the same rules as Reach's FireFight. They just would've needed to add some UI elements and scripting for the whole thing. It just seems like a big missed opportunity.

Hell, they even could have created a second team of Spartans who's task it is to defend and hold area's captured by Crimson. That way, we wouldn't have to revisit all those places next week to kill some Hingeheads.

The missed opportunity was not including ODST FF.

Hahaha, I left my friends with every intention of going offline.

Realised I need 10 more kills to max the Sniper commendation.

Go play Snipes.

JiP back into my friends game. (Trueskills works I guess!)

Look like a Snake.

JiP keeps on giving.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Adrift + Prom. Vision = FUN FUN FUN
Hahaha, I left my friends with every intention of going offline.

Realised I need 10 more kills to max the Sniper commendation.

Go play Snipes.

JiP back into my friends game.

Look like a Snake.

JiP keeps on giving.
loooooooooool
these guys are sticking the sticky detonator to their friends and having them charge at us

why is this such an effective tactic
Because sticky dets explosive radius is OP.

Tunavi

Banned
Enjoy your Regicide!
vomitn5s59.gif
Post of the year, people.

343 take note.

Bring back FFA

malfcn

The save system blows. First time I played it kept loading me at the wrong level, and then when I beat it the game never registered a whole mission. Now I am playing co-op and a whole mission we completed. Reloaded today and the game never saved that progress.

Enfinit

Just played Ch. 2 Ep. 3 of Spartan Ops. When the second dropship landed, every enemy was miniature and moving extremely fast, but their guns were regular size. So basically it was a bunch of floating guns that were damn near impossible to kill. Although, the invisible assassinations were awesome.

Also, every time one would die, this would happen:

1s91L

I'd love to show you all the film clip, OH WAIT.

Welcome to Reach fuck this shit.

So do we not like the new spawn system? Always spawning away from enemies seems better than spawning in front of them.

Edit: And calling that a sex toy is disingenuous. I tried putting that on penis back in the day and there is no joy there.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Halo 4 and Reach simply have team based spawning zones not switched on. (I dunno if Halo 4 even has them, haven't checked).

These spawn zones effectively dictated where a team would spawn on the map and it was pretty easy to set them up so each team had a side and base and you'd only ever spawn on your own side of the map.

Why in the hells was this removed or not implemented? It's particularly noticeable in the Valhalla remake - if one team pushes too far they start swapping bases. It's terrible.

FyreWulff

Halo 4 and Reach simply have team based spawning zones not switched on. (I dunno if Halo 4 even has them, haven't checked).

These spawn zones effectively dictated where a team would spawn on the map and it was pretty easy to set them up so each team had a side and base and you'd only ever spawn on your own side of the map.

Why in the hells was this removed? It's particularly noticable in the Valhalla remake in non-CTF - if one team pushes too far they start swapping bases. It's terrible.

Reach had them on - and it was fairly ironclad. 4 no longer keeps teams inside their spawn zones.

All my old spawn documentation is basically useless :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Reach had them on - and it was fairly ironclad. 4 no longer keeps teams inside their spawn zones.

There was a few maps that had them switched off, I think the DLC ones primarily, I remember going in and adding them.

Is the function available in Halo 4 at all? I wouldn't mind setting up non-stupid spawning for GAF Custom use.

malfcn

God the Wraiths are fucking stupid on Reclaimer?

It is nearly impossible to board them. You take out the gunner, but everytime it says plant a grenade unless you land in the magical spot that lets you operate it.

FyreWulff

There was a few maps that had them switched off, I think the DLC ones primarily, I remember going in and adding them.

Is the function available in Halo 4 at all? I wouldn't mind setting up non-stupid spawning for GAF Custom use.

Oh, if a map didn't have sidelocked spawns it was because it was forged that way in Reach.

It doesn't matter in 4 if you try to forge them that way.

FyreWulff

So basically the function is broken in Halo 4's forge?

Ugh, say it ain't so.

I'm trying to find out a workaround for it, but basically yeah.

Reach's influence priority for putting you on a spawn was something like

Spawn Zone >>>>>>>>>>> Enemy standing near spawn > Teammate standing near spawn > Objective near a spawn > Enemy looking at a spawn

4's seems to be

Teammate standing near spawn > > > > > Enemy standing near spawn > Enemy looking at spawn > Objective near spawn > > Spawn Zone

To the point that if you have a couple of teammates standing in one of the buildings and camping on Longbow, you're pretty much going to be spawning on that side of the map for most of the match.

Top Bottom