• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

malfcn

So yah, am I the only one having all the saving issues?

Checkpoints aren't saved.
Missions aren't saved.
Loadouts reset etc.

And what is the best SpOps to boost now? ;)

Comeback kills just make you feel bad.

I get them all the time. :/

Also, this is assuming:
ReachUI.png

Active camo AA is dreadful game design. Needs nerfing/deleting badly.

Played Regicide for most of my session today. Even randomly got matched up with Ram and came last lol. All in all I had fun though. I think the key to playing Regicide is to treat it like a Mario Party gametype. It's certainly not to be taken seriously. I won a few where I pulled unthinkable comebacks, hilariously triumphant; I also lost games where I was in front for the majority of the game and felt punished for being the King going into the closing stages. The final game I played of it tonight:

Picture6.png

The guy who won went NEG 13! So yea, I find it fun but it shouldn't take precedence over regular FFA settings. The fact that it's hard baked into the commendations leads me to believe it isn't going anywhere...

-------------------------------------------------

On the subject of the thruster... in and of itself it doesn't really need a buff. It allows for grenade dodges, backward momentum shifts, mid air strafe inversions. It's only when you place it within the context of the games other AA's that it seems like it needs improving. As it stands I don't find it frustrating to play against and a buff could send it too far in the other direction. It's the sort of AA that enhances gameplay rather than stifling it like the ludicrous Promethean Vision or the terminally dreary Active Camo. Those two can destroy team games on the smaller maps and basically drain joy from Halo. I've switched to thruster because I'd become lazily reliant on PV and realised I didn't really have a feel for the maps despite playing them numerous times. This was because half the game I'd be spamming PV with AA efficiency on.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
This game came out two weeks ago. Why is file search still broken?

It's not broke. They just haven't switched it on and outside of a mention in an FAQ buried on the website, they haven't really communicated that fact clearly enough to the millions of people that bought it.

So it will be broke for another while yet.

I remember when you used to get a game when you bought a game.

Lol kyle I wanted to post the H4 population graph last night but I couldnt find it. They got so misguided chasing that CoD population, messing the core of Halo up so much. Man they need to go back to what made Halo great.

Lol kyle I wanted to post the H4 population graph last night but I couldnt find it.

It's not broke. They just haven't switched it on and outside of a mention in an FAQ buried on the website, they haven't really communicated that fact clearly enough to the millions of people that bought it.

So it will be broke for another while yet.
I normally wouldn't demand answers but I did pay $60 for the game plus whatever live costs today for this feature.

don't really understand what he meant by the comment. looks like every other cod menu i've seen.

Lol kyle I wanted to post the H4 population graph last night but I couldnt find it. They got so misguided chasing that CoD population, messing the core of Halo up so much. Man they need to go back to what made Halo great.

maybe things will be different in halo 5

lol

lol fuck that. I was all over Halo UI including Active Roster
Yeah lol I've always praised the shit out of it. Outside of the obvious functionality excellence of the Reach UI, I thought the concept art backgrounds for the menus were fucking amazing. Dat New Alexandria one!
http://www.xda-developers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/2012-1.jpg?f39ce1[img][/QUOTE]
lol
[quote="monsterfracas, post: 44536022"]I'm guessing he's a 343 dev?[/QUOTE]

Head UI designer at Bungie since the dawn of time. Man is the fucking tits.

Truth. This makes me :_(

Fracas

#fuckonami
No, he's the genius that designed Reach's UI. He's Bungie.

Yeah lol I've always praised the shit out of it. Outside of the obvious functionality excellence of the Reach UI, I thought the concept art backgrounds for the menus were fucking amazing. Dat New Alexandria one!

lol

Head UI designer at Bungie since the dawn of time. Man is the fucking tits.

He's Evil Otto. Bungie UI God

Ah, okay.

Yeah, he is a very talented guy. Halo's UI was and still is the best in the industry.

Bungie understands UI.

See:
Bungie.net vs Waypoint
Halo 4 vs Halo 1-3, ODST, Reach
I like the Spartan Hub. Thats good.

No real complaints about the UI here.

Edit: Actually... I can't stand the way you see unlocks as you level up, and get those little notifications about things you can't use until later, with no nothing letting you know when you finally can. That's just plain stupid, and annoying.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I made a map in Forge last night. Went to go mess with it a bit ago, and everything's nudged around a little bit. wtf

You only had one job, Certain Affinity

Anyone want to run some Spops? I need to beat episode 2 and 3.

Also I'd like to try some good forge remakes (Pit, Lockout, Narrows, Foundation, Guardian)

J10

Banned
I made a map in Forge last night. Went to go mess with it a bit ago, and everything's nudged around a little bit. wtf

You only had one job, Certain Affinity

Did you use magnets? I've found that this happens with magnets, but not with coordinate editing. Leave the magnets alone. They were supposed to make shit easier but they really just double your work.

ElRenoRaven

Black Ops 2 got rid of their Nuketown playlist (only real mode I ever played in Bo2). GG, this is insanity. It's 2012 and developers seem to find ways to piss off their community in the worse way. I just don't get it.

Guess I'm lucky. Since I'm playing the WII U version we didn't get that map. lol

PNut

Banned
What is wrong with saving campaign games at rally points!? This the 3rd time I've had to start the Forerunner over on legendary. Jesus.

CyReN

I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch

team snipers:/

ps: u4ix is live - http://www.twitch.tv/u4ixxx

I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch

^thisx10^

I Hate Flinch I Hate FlinchI Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch

Agreed. It is egregious in Snipers.
So I've heard. I think it only applies to Erosion.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Top Bottom