• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Noricart

What if the 9 multiplayer maps are spaces taken from SpOps season 2.

And after that, what if they made a Forge World DLC, and set the enitre Spartan Ops season in Forge World?!?

Edit: I want a Halo 3 mappack, Sandtrap or Guardian required plz.

DeadNames

Banned
When the fuck are they getting rid of ordnance, camo, the DMR, jetpack, PV, perks, Abandon, Complex, instant respawn and adding a ton of custom game options?

Who thought camo was a good idea?!?

I've been team SLRP for so long....

Hey team downer, where do I sign up?

Redford

aka Cabbie
Can anyone point me to a Pit remake on Ravine? Saw a good one in Bravo's vid I think. Computron's Foundation remake has gotten me curious about others.

FyreWulff

That's talking about MP maps only.

Which have shown up as Campaign-engine spaces.

And also perpetuates the myth that Bungie didn't make Reach's maps as multiplayer spaces first just like 343 did Ragnarok and Complex before they showed up in SPOPS.

I'd assume that SpOps Season 2 would be all new - the first maps are taken from campaign/MP maps because of the time pressures from crunching to get it finished, right?

From that earlier version of SPOPs post above, it seems it probably started out like Gears where MP maps were also the Firefight maps for the game.

While I loved Halo 3 ranked objective overall the fact the precision weapons weren't hitscan made the online gunplay pathetic. Hello bullet refunds, host/near host advantages and all the latency bullshit that comes with it.

Also many players still complained about equipment...
what a vicious cycle we gamers have.

While I loved Halo 3 ranked objective overall the fact the precision weapons weren't hitscan made the online gunplay pathetic. Hello bullet refunds, host/near host advantages and all the latency bullshit that comes with it.

Also many players still complained about equipment...
what a vicious cycle we gamers have.

Fuck Isolation. Fuck Longshore. Fuck the Mauler. Fuck the Bruteshot. Fuck Radar Scambler. Fuck Bubble Shield.

Tempted to say fuck Halo 3.

where are the Halo 2 tier maps?!

Why does this happen?

jbaJGKMuKL7Lh6.jpg

So when does halo 4 come out? The beta is pretty sweet and I hope they fix a lot of the issues.

Why does this happen?

jbaJGKMuKL7Lh6.jpg

So when does halo 4 come out? The beta is pretty sweet and I hope they fix a lot of the issues.

Apparently in all of the totally rigorous playtesting they did every day, day-in-day out this never happened! Thank you for catching that totally obscure bug that I've only seen 7 times for 343!!

:/

Halo 4's a great game, but there really isn't enough polish

I'd take Isolation and Longshore over Complex and Abandon any day.
You didn't answer my question about pro slayer. It removes everything you were hating on earlier. Pro Slayer with a BR is easily the most fun I've had in Halo 4, with CTF right behind it. BTB is just a cesspool of vehicles, 1-shot power weapons, and instant respawns making any play outside of just sitting back in a sheltered location, pointless. Infinity Slayer is bad, very bad. I'm tempted to go into it with the stealth armor mod from the wetworks specialization, but I don't know if it's worth the pain.

And with a specialization named wetworks, sure seems like a heavy hint that a remake of that halo2 map will eventually find its way into halo 4 matchmaking.
What? Abandon is actually a pretty decent map. Way better than Isolation was. Longshore was good to me, and I don't mind Complex for most things.
In pro slayer, I think it's as good as Haven. In infinity slayer, it's worse the isolation from halo 3.

That space section has BRs, ARs, and carbine caches dude. Plus snipers from the jackals of you like. Or PPs and needlers which are crazy useful.

Whatever man. I'll stand by my position. There's plenty of precision ammo. Take out watchers first, then crawlers/knights, blah, blah...

Like I said, I'm not talking out of my ass. I streamed my entire legendary solo playthrough. Half the time my promethean sections were LR and suppressor.

Not gonna argue this point anymore, see below.
Oh man I totally forgot PPs and Needlers. Needlers rip everything to shreds and almost any encounter with the Covenant ends with more ammo for it.

You know that final big area on the second level where you have to move up the structure with the Hunters at the end? Off to the left, right after you enter the area there's an ammo cache with BRs, a SAW just lying around, and off the far right near some crates is a Rocket Launcher. And there are Jackal snipers on the left and right further up that you can get Beam Rifles from. Sometime you just have to look off the beaten path, but there really is no shortage of weaponry.

DeadNames

Banned
You didn't answer my question about pro slayer. It removes everything you were hating on earlier. Pro Slayer with a BR is easily the most fun I've had in Halo 4, with CTF right behind it. BTB is just a cesspool of vehicles, 1-shot power weapons, and instant respawns making any play outside of just sitting back in a sheltered location, pointless. Infinity Slayer is bad, very bad. I'm tempted to go into it with the stealth armor mod from the wetworks specialization, but I don't know if it's worth the pain.

And with a specialization named wetworks, sure seems like a heavy hint that a remake of that halo2 map will eventually find its way into halo 4 matchmaking.

I love slayer pro, but IS could be better without ordnance and some perks. IS is where most people play.

LOL. Too good.

I can't think of anything funny to put over the grenades.
Carrot on a stick!
I love slayer pro, but IS could be better without ordnance and some perks. IS is where most people play.
I agree with you for the most part. A lot of the armor mods could be neutered from that playlist, as well as personal ordnance, and it would be a lot better. But even though IS is where the highest numbers of people are playing, it doesn't mean you have to go into it. I never have trouble finding matches in pro slayer even when the population is low.

There sure are a lot of helmets in halo 4 that I think would have looked a lot better with regular visors and not the weird convoluted mess of scrap metal for a face:
  • Vanguard
  • Pioneer
  • Stalker
  • Tracker
  • Engineer
  • Ranger
  • Protector
  • Infiltrator
  • War Master

I wish the fake-out ordnance was an armor ability. Would be even better than Hologram.
Haha +1

I'm thankful for donging, blaining, shitting on casuals, Legendary\Set drops in D3. Creamy mashed potatoes, and cortanas ass.

I'm at work on Thanksgiving but it could always be worse!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm thankful for a more or less stable gaming community that I can tolerate (HaloGAF). I'm thankful for the ignore function to block idiocy, trolling, and having to trudge through posts from losers.

I'm thankful for the federal government for hiring me again this time in a different capacity. I'm thankful for an amazing wife that puts up with my shit and lets me stick my penis in her on the regular.

I'm glad for kids on the internet that I can compare myself to daily and feel immensely good about myself and how I'm better than them. I'm thankful for family and having a "motherinlaw" that's a caterer who made dinner today.

And finally and most importantly, I'm thankful for KyleJ, without him this thread would be far less awesome and HeckFu's birthdays.

I'm thankful for donging, blaining, shitting on casuals, Legendary\Set drops in D3. Creamy mashed potatoes, and cortanas ass.

I'm at work on Thanksgiving but it could always be worse!
You and me both. Best experience of my life lol :)

Add Scanner to that list.

Would've been neat. But nope, giant DVD player.
Oh yes, that one too. At least that one looks functional to some extent, despite the fact that it's a hideous beast.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Did they turn down the melee magnetism pretty much all the way or something?

I've been having problems with melees connecting ever since I got this game. I didn't pay much attention because I generally avoid them, but my first smack always hits the air even though I'm right next to person.

Did they turn down the magnetism pretty much all the way or something?

I've been having problems with melees connecting ever since I got this game. I didn't pay much attention because I generally avoid them, but my first smack always hits the air even though I'm right next to person.
I always melee someone in the back and it treats it like i hit the player from the front. I'm never expecting the person not to die and so i usually end up getting assassinated, because i'm always headed off to get another kill...

You and me both. Best experience of my life lol :)

Oh yes, that one too. At least that one looks functional to some extent, despite the fact that it's a hideous beast.

Speaking of weird helmet designs...

Why is there no Orbital variant without the skull on it? Seriously, it's not even a textured on design, it's a completely separate mesh from the rest of the visor. Can't have nice things.

Top Bottom