• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

BigShow36

Dont buy the maps, don't turn the game on, speak with actions.

Let the #'s dwindle. Lets get our Halo back.

-No instant respawn
-No loadouts
-No perks
-Weapons on the map
-No random ordnances
-No default sprint
-Small Arena maps
-Ranking System
-New Playlist Management
-60fps
-Dedis!

Whos with me?

Halo 5. Do IT.

Way ahead of yah.

Like retaining the award winning core gameplay that fans adore while still adding slight modifications to the gameplay?

While enhancing it with an intelligent framework that supports the core gameplay and allows users to easily access and understand information? Wizardry. Not enough bandwidth for that.

-No instant respawn
-No loadouts
-No perks
-Weapons on the map
-No random ordnances
-No default sprint
-Small Arena maps
-Ranking System
-New Playlist Management
-60fps
-Dedis!

Whos with me?

Halo 5. Do IT.

Nah

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

-No instant respawn
-No loadouts
-No perks
-Weapons on the map
-No random ordnances
-No default sprint
-Small Arena maps
-Ranking System
-New Playlist Management
-60fps
-Dedis!

Whos with me?

Halo 5. Do IT.

Not quite there yet, but it's a distinct possibility.

IHaveIce

Banned

-No instant respawn
-No loadouts
-No perks
-Weapons on the map
-No random ordnances
-No default sprint
-Small Arena maps
-Ranking System
-New Playlist Management
-60fps
-Dedis!

Whos with me?

Halo 5. Do IT.
already got the maps through the LE and I will play still customs and some matches with friend but yes I would love this to be back :(

Redford

aka Cabbie
It's exactly what Bungie did in the past. I'm not defending it at all, I'm just curious as to why everyone is suddenly surprised/angry about it when they've been subjected to it for the past 10 years.

Not exactly, I hated when Urk was coy. But at least back then we had the podcasts and the PR only got really poor with Reach. Even then we had Ninja/Jeremiah doing his best to communicate.

I'm still kind of waiting to get to know 343 and who's working behind scenes. For a lot I people I'm sure it's frustrating because this sort of PR is expected of a big company's wholly owned subsidiary that only wants to project positive and sell you more shit, which has been almost every bulletin since launch.

-No instant respawn
-No loadouts
-No perks
-Weapons on the map
-No random ordnances
-No default sprint
-Small Arena maps
-Ranking System
-New Playlist Management
-60fps
-Dedis!

Whos with me?

Halo 5. Do IT.
iFsLW5KTpbkC9.gif

orznge

Banned

-No instant respawn
-No loadouts
-No perks
-Weapons on the map
-No random ordnances
-No default sprint
-Small Arena maps
-Ranking System
-New Playlist Management
-60fps
-Dedis!

Whos with me?

Halo 5. Do IT.

lol at like 3/4 of those

-No instant respawn
-No loadouts
-No perks
-Weapons on the map
-No random ordnances
-No default sprint
-Small Arena maps
-Ranking System
-New Playlist Management
-60fps
-Dedis!

Whos with me?

Halo 5. Do IT.

LOL.

I love halo 4. So good, not quite as good as 3 but very close. Pre purchased the DLC with the season pass. Halo 2> Halo 3> Halo 4 > CE > Reach

(Never played CE on original xbox, only anniversary.)

Fuck time to go play some more.

Maybe 343 will see our pain, and also see how highly voted maps like Haven are and push out another DLC package with three small, symmetrical maps. Thing is, I do not want to wait until after the last DLC pack, so hopefully they are willing to do something..

Hm. =/

Team Regicide may be fun, I did like VIP.. but I wish there was a little more to ease our pains.

CoD has an awesome feature that I wish Halo copied - When you just kill someone you can hear them for a few seconds. So funny hearing "argh you bast..." just after I take someone out lol.

Come to speak of it, did they remove pre-game voice chat and in game proximity voice for opponents in Halo 4? I have never seen other people talk in lobbies or in game unless they are on my team.

A mate in a party the other night had the same though, went like...

Where the fuck did pre game chat go, why is the trash talking gone? Fuck I miss that. Then the whole party was about to start another petition to bring it back.

Maybe 343 will see our pain, and also see how highly voted maps like Haven are and push out another DLC package with three small, symmetrical maps. Thing is, I do not want to wait until after the last DLC pack, so hopefully they are willing to do something..

I seriously doubt anything will or could be changed with the three map packs already set. That is set in stone, especially considering that people have purchased the seasons pass already. I honestly have no idea what they were thinking with their breakdown of how many 4v4/5v5 maps vs Big ones, doesn't make any sense.

------------

What is this I hear about Extraction being a "DLC playlist"? I thought they were just using the timing of the map pack to promote the "new" gametype.

LOL.

I love halo 4. So good, not quite as good as 3 but very close. Pre purchased the DLC with the season pass. Halo 2> Halo 3> Halo 4 > CE > Reach

(Never played CE on original xbox, only anniversary.)

Fuck time to go play some more.

Haha what you played is nothing like halo 1 multiplayer - you missed out man!

MrDaravon

Wait, pre-game lobby chat is gone with the opposing team? I'm usually in a Party Chat and when I'm not I hear people talking sometimes, that's just my team?

Ken

Wait I thought Extraction was that game type that's already in BTB where you touch those weird ball things and defend them.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Wait, pre-game lobby chat is gone with the opposing team? I'm usually in a Party Chat and when I'm not I hear people talking sometimes, that's just my team?

Personally, the only time I've heard a peep, and I'm absolutely certain, was on launch night in Regicide when some guy was already bitching about the game (he was just bad). I think in-game chat is pretty much dead. They probably did take out pre-game chat.

-No instant respawn
-No loadouts
-No perks
-Weapons on the map
-No random ordnances
-No default sprint
-Small Arena maps
-Ranking System
-New Playlist Management
-60fps
-Dedis!

Whos with me?

Halo 5. Do IT.

Get all this and then AR starts :(

Omni

Just traded in ACIII, Deus Ex, GTAIV and got Far Cry 3 (pre-owned, mind you. But it was a copy that has never been used and I got it for $50AUD which is about half price).

They offered me $45 if I traded in my Limited Edition of Halo 4. :eek:

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone feel like 343 isn't actually going to implement a lot of the easy changes that would make Halo MP a lot better, just because they are pretty much all the things that 343 brought to the table, i.e. instant respawning, randomised global ordnance, flinch?

It would be kinda like admitting they were wrong, which as we all know from the Squad Slayer debacle, they don't want to do.
Yeah, I have the same fear. They're in an awful situation now, and will look bad no matter how they handle it. The only time when they'll be allowed to change the course of their vision with minimal fan backlash is with the launch of their next game, but I don't have much faith in them doing so even then, sadly.

343, please just make a playlist with stripped down, classic settings. Just one slayer list, and a CTF list if you're feeling generous. Halo 4 has the potential to be my favorite in the series if only it truly felt like Halo.

Edit : Anyone up for some Halo 3 or Reach tonight?

DeadNames

Banned
Just traded in ACIII, Deus Ex, GTAIV and got Far Cry 3 (pre-owned, mind you. But it was a copy that has never been used and I got it for $50AUD which is about half price).

How is Far Cry 3? Multiplayer wise. Been thinking of getting it.

J10

Banned
Funny story:

In one of my first games of Slayer Pro I had a dude tell me I was self absorbed for not saving him from getting assassinated (I didn't see it happening, but apparently I was nearby). He was in party chat and came out of it just to tell me that and try to betray me. Meanwhile, he's the one not actually communicating with team mates, he barely breaks even with no assists, I go plus five with 7 assists. He invites me to 1v1 afterwards.

The end.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Funny story:

In one of my first games of Slayer Pro I had a dude tell me I was self absorbed for not saving him from getting assassinated (I didn't see it happening, but apparently I was nearby). He was in party chat and came out of it just to tell me that and try to betray me. Meanwhile, he's the one not actually communicating with team mates, he barely breaks even with no assists, I go plus five with 7 assists. He invites me to 1v1 afterwards.

The end.

Anything to do with assassinations seems to elicit some really emotional responses in players..

Pop

Pre-owned for a game that's not out yet?

Whats this wizardry...

No spectator mode.

Fair call mate.
-edit-
Seems weird to have the "bandwidth hog" reasoning when you could just make spectator mode for custom games only. That way it's out of MM and the players could toggle it on or off for their custom games or LAN events etc. Also seems another reason dedicated servers would be beneficial. Why XBL don't have a premium or platinum membership for having your own dedicated servers paired to your PvP games is beyond me.

Redford

aka Cabbie
^Why do all the newer members get their backs up so damn quickly.

harvestenv1.jpg

LOL, what a boring looking map. I think this might be one of the most un-inspired looking halo map I can remember since foundry / sandbox

I dunno, upon second look at least it's clean. It's not a very inspiring one but at least there isn't tonnes of useless detail and the ground textures are quite nice.

I would stop if I worked for 343i as well (at least for a few more months). We're pretty much just all in here criticizing and ripping the game to shreds, not that that's a bad thing, so I wouldn't be wanting to post in such a hostile environment either. I'm sure they monitor this thread like crazy, though.

A lot of business's would bend over backwards to have a consumer base that give highly detailed feedback and criticism on products they've already given them the money for.

Do you guys think there will be a second season of Spartan Ops?

I've literally been taken aback at just how bad Spartan Op's is. It's actually breathtaking. It's utterly unworthy of the high quality mark Halo has previously established over the last decade. There's more creativity and quirky manipulation of environments/AI in the VR missions from 1998's Metal Gear Solid on the PS1. What are people discussing around the water cooler? FRG Grunts? Respawning into FRG Elite fire? Loadouts and infinite respawns which destroy one of Halo's most compelling core tenets, that of managing the two weapon limit and utilising the weapons currently available on the battlefield?

Are the inflated XP payouts in Spops a begging measure?

CGI is nice and all but again, where's the imagination? CGI cutscenes were all the rage in the FFVII era but they don't really excite today.

So succinct. So eerily accurate.

I'm sure it will be a big map, and a big map, and another big map.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/11/29/The-Halo-Bulletin-112912-.aspx

Wreckage Description
Wreckage supports up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 in a variety of other modes

Harvest Description
Harvest allows 8 - 12 players to face off in Capture the Flag, Infinity Slayer, King of the Hill, SWAT and Slayer Pro.

Shatter Description
Shatter enables multiplayer mayhem for up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 in other modes

I0Svc.gif

"...including a variety of designs, spaces for tight firefights or vehicle warfare, as well as 8 new achievements and a new Crimson DLC playlist."​
Brilliant. Consolidate playlists, then splinter the population with unnecessary playlists. No one learns anything except the people who are playing the game.

Once again taking shit from COD that people don't want yet not implementing their superior DLC integration.

BTB Infinity Slayer is the most populated playlist.

Because most of the games maps are BTB maps

Who are you again?

Willow? Quietly becoming one of the threads most consistent posters.

----------------------------

Those DLC maps look so bland and uninspired. It might actually be the first Halo DLC pack I don't buy. Why should I buy them? I don't like BTB in this game. The whole function of this map pack was to satisfy and pad the 4v4 map count; its entire being was intended as a redress to the insane amount of huge maps at launch. Wasn't it? What is the point of this pack of three huge brown maps? Where's the sense in any of this shit?

Sooooooooooooo glad I didn't buy the season pass now. Man, I would feel burned by that phoned in mappack that releases 4 weeks after the full price game.

Whos with me?

Halo 5. Do IT.

I would consider it more if Murder Miners had Halo 1 texture packs:

So simple. So clean. So efficient. If you were to plop Spartan IV's in those clean textures as-is I wouldn't mind ;]

Can't say I'm pleased with the abundance of rocks and "natural formations" in the multiplayer maps too. This game is in dire need of some simple, eye-candy maps like Haven ;\ - not realistic outdoor maps with detailed textures IMO. Also, what's up with no Covenant maps.

Above all though, Halo 4 has an amazing art style, but look at the mulitplayer maps we get compared to some of the environments we see in the campaign. Sometimes it's really hard to push through my distastes for this franchise.. Then the player models not lighting properly (being lit up in shadows on Forge maps) is hard to look at.

Couple that with the unsurprising truth in that we probably won't even see any of these changes that'll bring out the great, underlying gameplay. I would really love to be at 343 or even Bungie to see how some of these design choices really came to fruition. It wouldn't be shocking to hear years from now, after Halo 5 comes out, 343 saying how they went into Halo 4 with such high expectations and hopes but due to X constraints their vision had to drastically be cut, leaving them neck high in quick sand.

The darkest before this dawn has only begun fellas. I guess that's why Halo Wars means so much to me <3

Top Bottom