• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Talents

Banned
From the "Has a gif ever sold you on a game? if so, which gif?" thread:

saintsrow4octa.gif

God dammit, now I want to play it again.

*Inserts into xbox*

Ken

Standalone Spartan Ops at retail.

$59.99 Spartan Ops Anniversary next year with a beta for Halo 5
Spartan Ops

I don't know how well this is known on this forum at least, but did anyone else find this?

It's on the second level, in the area where chief finds out he is on requiem.

It triggers some extra dialogue between the chief and cortana.

Are there any more?

I found that my second time.. same with the covenant data pads at the crash site where Cortana translates and says something like "Wow, the Covies have been here for 5 years trying to get in.. they think their god lives here, and it finally opened when we showed up." That really should not have been side dialogue, as it actually explains some important things that most people will not know already. Burying the story into hidden triggers and side story is never a good move.

Yeah. Not how I wanted to end the week. On Monday I was in the office working from 8 am to 1am the next day (17 hours). The next three days were 12 hours, 14 hours, and 15 hours long. Add a 90 minute commute to each day. Today was super intense, and then I was supposed to get ready for a meeting with management about four levels above me. And the afternoon post-lunch lull turned into slurred speech, slow movement and head-on-desk exhaustion. Couldn't do it. I waddled over to my boss - who knows I'm going through hell - and told him I would neither be prepared nor coherent for the meeting. It got pushed.

I'm home and resting and okay. I've told my boss I'm never, ever doing this kind of week again (which was a confluence of unusual factors we couldn't avoid). He's supportive; I'm going back to normal 8-5 hours the rest of the year and taking every Friday off in December. I just had to survive this week, which I did. Barely. :lol

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry for the personal derail. This has been the hardest week of the nine years I've worked here. I'm too old for this shit!

Ouch. That cannot be fun, glad to hear things seemed to have calmed down now.

Huh, Spartan Ops is listed for a trailer at the VGAs.. already Season 2 premiere?

So weird.. Season 2 I guess, but why?

Well... you know what.. If it is Season 2 it will likely be built from the ground up and not have anything on disc, so maybe it would actually play in a more interesting and important manner, with actual story and objectives.

so...did no one post this? ellis retweeted it

BVMUk.png

He is "Lead Designer, Halo 4 Infinity @ 343 Industries"

Ok, glad they're listening. This probably means Forge maps, but I wouldn't be surprised if it alters future DLC a tad.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You misunderstand me. The fact that you need codes for this stuff is just indicative of the hilarious bullshit that makes me keep it at a distance.
wait

you mean you don't feel invested in the player investment system?

Edit : Someone play Halo 3 or Reach with me.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Damn, playing Halo 3 because you guys were talking about it. Forgot how fun this game was..

TheOddOne

The unlocking could have been done via the game instead of codes. Flip the switch on the date and viola everybody has 'em. Fast, effective and no confusion.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Random note: If you go into Forge, pick a specific mode to Forge (on a custom map in my case), you add one gametype-specific object and tweak it's settings and quit, the game will give you 412 XP.

Possibly exploitable.

Playing a perfectly normal game of Oddball on Adrift for less than two minutes, go to blackscreen for over two minutes, then magically placed in a match in progress on Haven. Lose.

:-|

Played a game of Oddball where the game matched up 8 players, and right before the match started, a ninth joined the other team. No one else joined.

:-|

This is after JiP was supposedly fixed. Needs more fixing; might I suggest closing the JiP option once the game matches even teams, regardless of the size. ESPECIALLY when waiting for the fucking match to start.

anyway, off to have non-videogame fun for the night.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Played the game on launch day, got every achievement obtainable before 11/20 online and timestamped, still no code. wtf Microsoft.
Did you switch your email to a different one from the one you signed up with? I had switched mine and I had to check the email I originally signed up with to get the code.

Top Bottom