• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I was unaware specialization perks used your support upgrade slot. What the hell.

Should be independent.
That sounds like the exact wrong way to do it. This game already favors giving competitive advantages to people who play more and are more experienced already, we don't need more of that.

rakka

not to mention even more unbalanced. you play more than your opponent so you have an advantage? that would be silly

Rogue, I believe.
Thanks
Rogue I believe. I just enlisted in it.

Also, still pretty ridiculous that I have to Google the specializations and what they do instead of either having that information in game or worst case in the manual (LOL what manual)
Dat UI amiright.

One of the most baffling things about the UI is how poor it communincates the progression/investment system given the importance the game places on it. You don't see the commendations and challenges you complete after a game? How is that anything but a massive oversight? Can't see what perk specializations unlock, big notifications for once you can see stuff in your armory, but not once you actually unlock it (again that should be tied to completing a commendation and getting a notification of what you completed and what it unlocked, if anything).
I mean honestly, how hard could it be for professional map designers to pump out simple remakes of Asylum/Lockout/Warlock in Forge? They probably have tools to help them make it quicker that aren't even available to us.

*shrug*
Well don't trust the developers to make anything near what the original map was. *Asylum*

They trying to get people to keep playing War Games with that weekly for population numbers?

I guess Ill give them time game just came out.

orznge

Banned
I mean honestly, how hard could it be for professional map designers to pump out simple remakes of Asylum/Lockout/Warlock in Forge? They probably have tools to help them make it quicker that aren't even available to us.

*shrug*

From everything we've seen those kind of maps and the gameplay that they encourage do not fit within 343's design philosophy.

orznge

Banned
lol remember when people would get ahead one kill in TS and go hide with the banshee on Ascension while the rest of their team dropped

So what's the code Microsoft sends in an email supposed to do? No additional specializations showed up under my account.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize I already had some downloads in progress.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, ok, so they make Sarah Palmer the most obnoxious feminist-heavy I'm-never-going-to-put-my-helmet-on-so-you're-constantly-reminded-I'm-a-woman-and-I'm-just-as-good-as-any-man character. She literally shits on and disrespects every person around her, including Master Chief (i.e. "I thought you'd be taller"), the Spartans she commands (the constant insults towards any team that's not Crimson), and the scientists she works with (I tend to believe those "eggheads" are far more intelligent than herself).
LTTP on this conversation, but it's funny how you say Palmer is "feminist-heavy," but then go on to describe a bunch of hyper patriarchal behaviors. Just cause she's a woman in power doesn't mean she has anything to do with feminism.

TCKaos

No offense but that's not that helpful. I'm thinking something like this:

Code:
Name:    Wetwork                Operator                         -->
Level 1:  DMR skin               BR skin                         ...
Level 2:  Wet gauntlets          Operation gauntlets             ...
Level 3:  Green visor            Purple visor                    ...
 |               ...                   ...                       ...
 |               ...                   ...                       ...
 v
And so on.

Oh, hold on. Let me find a list of the original pictures from the weekly update. They have accurate unlocks and they always function in the same manner:

Level 1: Emblems
Level 2: Chest Piece
Level 3: Shoulder Pieces
Level 4: Helmet
Level 5: Weapon Skin, Emblem Background
Level 6: Visor Color
Level 7: Chest Skin
Level 8: Shoulder Skin
Level 9: Helmet Skin
Level 10: Armor Mod (Tactical Package/Support Upgrade)

I think.

Arnie

Lets get some SYMMETRICAL SMALL SIMPLE 4v4 forge maps into matchmaking. Game needs em badly. Can't play haven and adrift one after the other forever

It's why I've stopped playing the game, for now. No urgency to play those two maps in a straight rotation for hours, and big team doesn't excite me.

TheOddOne

Personal Ordinance.
0sQ9h.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh, hold on. Let me find a list of the original pictures from the weekly update. They have accurate unlocks and they always function in the same manner:

Level 1: Emblems
Level 2: Chest Piece
Level 3: Shoulder Pieces
Level 4: Helmet
Level 5: Weapon Skin, Emblem Background
Level 6: Visor Color
Level 7: Chest Skin
Level 8: Shoulder Skin
Level 9: Helmet Skin
Level 10: Armor Mod (Tactical Package/Support Upgrade)

I think.
I believe this is accurate.

IHaveIce

Banned
uh, so why did I get the unlock too? I'm in Australia, my profile is set to Australia, my billing address is too.

Hm don't know, but I know no one from Europe who got it.

I don'T care cause I hae it, but I don't think it is fair.. it is exactly like with the DewXp codes, also not aviable here. Helmets like the Locus helmet tied to a App that is also regionlocked.

Can't say I'm happy with this marketing

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There's so few people playing Halo 3 that I see the same folks over and over, even days apart. It's kind of cool.

FyreWulff

There's so few people playing Halo 3 that I see the same folks over and over, even days apart. It's kind of cool.

It was kind of neat in the Halo 2 holdout days where everyone was all nice and cool to each other, keeping track of who had been knocked off. "Damnit, we lost Carl last night"

rakka

kittens which playlist in halo 3?

Hm don't know, but I know no one from Europe who got it.

I don'T care cause I hae it, but I don't think it is fair.. it is exactly like with the DewXp codes, also not aviable here. Helmets like the Locus helmet tied to a App that is also regionlocked.

Can't say I'm happy with this marketing

yeah no double xp available here in Aus either, kinda sucks. but look at it this way, at least you know you earned your xp/level.

in any case SR130 will be a lot quicker to achieve than inheritor in reach. don't know why Ramirez makes smart comments about it being soooo far away. compared to the weeks of actual game time and around 100,000 kills required in reach it's going to take a fraction of the time in 4.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This month, when most people will likely have a bit more time to play because of the holidays, when you have the full month this time to actually complete it, when more people are at higher levels and need more XP, they decide the challenge will be a shortened version of last month's challenge that gives less XP?

Am I missing some strand of reasoning here?

I'm also seeing a lot of challenges repeating for weeklies and dailies too, could it be those challenges have stagnated faster than those in reach?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Fracas, I would totally love to play Halo 3 with you.

Definitely! I'm not sure if I can play tonight, but I'll be on this weekend.

If you have a free spot on your friends list, add me dude. I'm kind of done with Halo 4 for now, but I'm always down for Halo 3.

TCKaos

Okay, okay, alright. Here's the Super Penultimate Specialization Clarification Post HD II: Hyper Fighting Championship Arcade Edition Anniversary 2013

Every Specialization unlocks the same content in the same order, and each level takes the same amount of experience to progress through regardless of Specialization or overall SR (ie: Wetworks Lv1 and Pioneer Lv1 will take the same amount of XP to progress through, as will Rouge Lv9 and Operator Lv9).

The unlocks are:
  1. Emblems
  2. Chest Piece
  3. Shoulder Pieces
  4. Helmet
  5. Weapon Skin, Emblem Background
  6. Visor Color
  7. Chest Skin
  8. Shoulder Skin
  9. Helmet Skin
  10. Armor Mod (Tactical Package/Support Upgrade)

Without further ado, here is the meat of the post. I'll provide a short description of each Specialization as well as the weapon skin unlocked and the purpose of that Specialization's armor mod. Clicking on the name of the Specialization will bring you to a video demo of that Specialization when it becomes available. Clicking on the image of the Specialization will give you an expanded look at the unlockables it gives you.

Wetworks

Wetworks was designed primarily for operations where the objectives involve elimination of a target or sabotage without being discovered. Completing this specialization with net you the NOBLE DMR skin and the Stealth Support Upgrade, which makes your movement completely silent (even through water) and makes you nearly invisible to users of Promethean Vision.

Operator

Honk honk, motherfucker. This Specialization was designed for players that want to drive things that shoot things. The Wheelman Tactical Package makes it so that the duration of time you remain EMP'd is cut in half, the radius for which you can be boarded is reduced, and your vehicle will both have more health and will recharge that health faster. Also, you get a Digital weapon skin for that one pistol that isn't the Plasma Pistol or Boltshot.

Pioneer

Evangelion Unit-00 was the first operational Evangelion. Like all of the other Evangelions (save for Unit-01), the method of its creation is unknown. It's piloted by mass-produced waifu Rei Ayanami. Pilots using this model get access to a tiger striped skin for the Plasma Pistol and the Fast Track Tactical Package, which increases the amount of experience you gain while using loadouts with said Tactical Package equipped.

Pathfinder

The Pathfinder Specialization is for big boys who like big guns. You find paths using said big guns. Players who pick this Specialization will unlock the PREDATOR Assault Rifle skin as well as the Gunner Support Upgrade, which makes it so that your turrets fire more before overheating and cool down faster. You can also walk at full speed, essentially meaning that Gunner lets you play as Jorge-052.

Engineer

Evangelion Unit-02 was the third created Evangelion and also the first Production Model Evangelion. Unit-02 is piloted by Asuka Langley Soryu, who totally wants your D (but totally doesn't want your D). She's also got a bunch of emotional problems. Don't ask about her mom. Pilots of Unit-02 are equipped with a wonky lookin' skin for the Suppressor (to suppress those memories about your mom) and the Drop Recon Support Upgrade which gives you the location of the next ordnance drop before other pilots.

Stalker

The Stalker Specialization uses armor based heavily on technology reverse engineered from the armor of Brute Stalkers. It's used primarily to grief the fuck out of people after they killed you, because you're a BK. Using this Specialization will net you a Battle Rifle weapon skin and the Nemesis Support Upgrade, which will place a red waypoint over the head of the man that killed you for three or four seconds after you respawn.

Rogue

(Oh God IGN didn't have the right image for that one what the fuck)

Basically this lets you not have a conniption in long distance gunfights. You get a Silver and Gold Carbine (lol) and access to the Stability Support Upgrade, which makes it so that you flinch dramatically less when you're shot.

Tracker

Tali'Zorah nar Rayya is a quarian and a member of Commander Shepard's squad. She is the daughter of Rael'Zorah, a member of the Admiralty Board. Though young, Tali is a mechanical genius. Anyone using Tali in their party will have access to a Boltshot weapon skin and access to the Requisition Tactical Package, which allows you to re-roll for new ordnance in the event that you get a Needler or some shit on Ragnarok.

Top Bottom