• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

J10

Banned
Bungie used to be located across the street from a crackhouse.

Halo fans are like crackheads.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

Toa TAK

Banned
The problem was that Arbiter was meant to be more of a side story to Master Chief. His fued with the prophets and uncovering the REAL truth was ancillary to the main campaign. And so what happened? Instead of Chief having a great final level, you get a rushed sequence through high charity, leave Cortana behind and just say you'll finish the fight. Arbiter on the other hand got a great level and a final fight with Tartarus.

I thought that was incredibly appropriate that The Arbiter ended up being the guy to help save the world. It completed his character arc in the game and ended up being a completely different character then who he was in the beginning of the game.

Plus, Tartarus was a douche. It was incredibly satisfying to have him as a final boss fight as the Arbiter.

Just woke up, soooo hype! Also just thought of something after seeing that Destiny wallpaper again..

the_city_wallpaper_1366.jpg

halo+reach+logo.jpg

Familiar?

Fuchsdh

Is that actually true?

I always wondered why I enjoyed the old Halo music in game more than out of game but the opposite for Halo 4.
Yep. Adding to Wikipedia as I research. There was also a lag time between when Davidge started writing music and when he was officially offered the job; I dunno what of that early music made it into the final game if any, though.

Toa TAK

Banned
See someone gets it. I have never understood the extreme hatred Reach gets. Everything for the most part is explained. Also Bungie always said that canon is secondary to gameplay. I think that's one thing that always made the games better. They were never above retconning something if it made the gameplay better for it. Reach I feel is better for that too. That last level alone. Man. Fighting to get Cortana to the POA before they have to leave was just fun as hell. Sure it was no Warthog run but I really really liked that level.

I missed this whole thing, but the both of you guys are spot on. POA is one of my favorite Halo levels.

As for Destiny, I can't wait to see more. But this should satisfy us for now.

Omni

I dunno. Didn't get enough to really make a judgement on this yet. Nothing in particular drew me in... Maybe Hopefully when we get some real footage I'll change my mind.

Little underwhelmed, but the few first person views they gave us really did excite me. I really like the idea that its a first person persistent world, will be very interesting.

ElRenoRaven

Requires a connection at all times. Yup MMO features. Complete singleplayer too. No fee. I'm ok with that. No cross platform play. Sidestepped if PS3 and 360 can play with next gen coutnerparts system.

Mix

It literally made me cry. Cry for how beautiful and ambitious it will be and how my favorite franchise for close to 12 years will no longer be my favorite. It hits me in the feels, but alas it was meant to be.

Top Bottom