• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

The settings are great, the quitters are not. I wish there was some way to keep it from happening so much.

Too bad there's nothing of value in this game for asshats to lose.

There is. Get the objectives out. I think a good portion of the quitters are because they don't want to play the gametype. Put CTF in its proper playlist and KOTH/Extraction in Team Objective.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Halo 3 video playing in another tab is like music. 4's sound direction is pretty gross in comparison.

So it's clear that HaloGAF likes the look of the Majestic maps?

I still think 343 needs to work on integrating their (improving) skyboxe themes with the actual play area, Skyline had so much going for it in the concept art and while they did a decent job realizing it, the geometry is still made out of 343 brand white paneling which we're all tired of, let alone the human aesthetic in general. As for how they play, no idea.

Otherwise, they're something I'd pay money for but only after the mess of Crimson. And a far cry from the level of excitement I'd feel for even the worst Bungie DLC.

Spawnling

There is. Get the objectives out. I think a good portion of the quitters are because they don't want to play the gametype. Put CTF in its proper playlist and KOTH/Extraction in Team Objective.

I personally think the game goes way too long, but I'm no matchmaking expert. Seemingly going on for 10-12 minutes to capture 5 flags is a bit much. If it were up to me, I'd take it down to 3 caps to win.

After the 7/8 minute mark the game gets boring fast and not just in this playlist, in any hopper, especially dominion/objective gametypes.

kylej

Banned
53?

she still got it

Nigella_large.JPG

Tawpgun

Beat SpOps

343 what the eff are you doing to Halsey :( If you make her some kind of villain than fuuuuuck you.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Might as well replace snipers with BiRi's in Team Snipers, it's basically the same thing with flinch.

Honestly kind of surprised there isn't a Promethean Shotty Snipers variant.

It could actually be kind of fun, in Action Sack. Then again, I've never been a fan of regular sniper games.

Tawpgun

Anyone wanna Team Throwdown.

Literally havent won a game. Shit teammates everywhere. Funny because in Dubs I played with Randoms and haven't lost.

That hasn't been my experience. Majorities are voting for gametypes other than Slayer, and people start quitting when they perceive no chance of a win. This is shit behavior that stretches beyond gametypes, and bad decisions like instant respawn only served to exacerbate the problem.

Managed to get in the first three missions of Episode 10 Spartan Ops last night.

The first two missions had just about everything bad there is about Spartan Ops. Multiple heavily shielded fuel rod cannon wielding elites, a lack of resupply crates and weaponry, Prometheans and drop pods that pop into existence right in front of your face, and a series of vague objectives involving buttons and more buttons. Its like going back to the first episodes before any lessons were learned.

Mission 3 though? That was amazing stuff. Solid and frantic open ended vehicle action with decent (yet sometimes clueless) AI support. It's almost worth the first two stinkers to get to mission 3.

Korosenai

So now that Spartan Ops is over, how will they manage Spartan Ops matchmaking?

Are they just going to leave Episode 10 up, or are they going to go back and cycle through each episode?

Are they just going to leave Episode 10 up, or are they going to go back and cycle through each episode?

They'll probably do some "best-of" like last time for a few weeks and then do a 10 week re-run.

Every skyscrapper burning is going to remind you of this...

I think he was mainly referring to the position of the smoke source in the city landscape and it seems to be morning as well.

willow ve

I would assume they'll do a "greatest hits" session similar to the Virgin Gaming playlist (that's what I remember it being at least - didn't actually play in that competition).

Every skyscrapper burning is going to remind you of this...

No, a picture perfect image of the event put in the game reminds me of this. This isn't just influence. If I showed you that pic and maybe cropped of the left end and asked you what it was your first thought would be 9/11.

I should know, I was there watching from across the river.

No, a picture perfect image of the event put in the game reminds me of this. This isn't just influence. If I showed you that pic and maybe cropped of the left end and asked you what it was your first thought would be 9/11.

I should know, I was there watching from across the river.

Not me.

I should know, I was in another place across the ocean.

Holiday

Banned
Throwdown isn't half bad, settings wise. I'd like to see sprint and personal ordnance gone, but I'll take it. It's nice to have a little of that high-strung competitive feel back, even in small spurts. I wish there were more maps, however, and less quitting.

Top Bottom