• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Tawpgun

Team Dubs is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Feels so fast and awesome and good halo

saved.
People come back

Computer

The game is fun when I am winning. The game is a pile of shit when I am loosing.

So PlayStation 4 tomorrow who is is excited to see this hunk of plastic?

Gui_PT

1341725608668.jpg

Karl2177

Managed to get in the first three missions of Episode 10 Spartan Ops last night.

The first two missions had just about everything bad there is about Spartan Ops. Multiple heavily shielded fuel rod cannon wielding elites, a lack of resupply crates and weaponry, Prometheans and drop pods that pop into existence right in front of your face, and a series of vague objectives involving buttons and more buttons. Its like going back to the first episodes before any lessons were learned.

Mission 3 though? That was amazing stuff. Solid and frantic open ended vehicle action with decent (yet sometimes clueless) AI support. It's almost worth the first two stinkers to get to mission 3.

Mission 3 is arguably the best mission in all of Halo 4. That even includes the campaign. My only big complaint is that the Spartan AI still has the "Taunt enemy corpse" command. It got frustrating when the AI said "Yeah eat that Elite!" as I'm driving by its corpse and it decides to fire its rocket at the corpse, sending me flying in a blast of fire. Otherwise my complaints are incredibly minor, like having small walls to prevent driving the Warthog into that middle structure and the occasional Mongoose/Warthog physics moment. It was also nice to finally have a mission where I didn't have to clear all of the enemies before pressing a button. It and 10.5 were definitely the best of Halo 4(but sadly that's not saying a whole lot).

35804.jpg

I cannot see Halsey seeking revenge or turning evil. Wondering if she'll escape Jul with the key by using a UNSC Cloaking Ship (Prowler?) and head back home to complete the other half of the Janus Key. Kinda like Halo Legends but Catherine having both arms.

Omni

When does the final book in the Forerunner saga come out? I should probably put some money on it so I can get it shipped here on release.

zap

What if we find out that Halo 4 was a weird dream that John had while in cryo - he then lands on a proper alien planet away from any UNSC superships that have bad settings in their War Rooms training room?

TheOddOne

What if we find out that Halo 4 was a weird dream that John had while in cryo - he then lands on a proper alien planet away from any UNSC superships that have bad settings in their War Rooms training room?
tumblr_lf0znq3c181qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

Most bizarre plot twist ever.

Toa TAK

Banned

1317694506649.jpg

I'd actually be okay with that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It'd be a great way to fix the direction of the series.

zap

Cortana writing Spartan ops makes sense... She harbours some sort of resentment towards Halsey right? Then the characterisation works.

Toa TAK

Banned
Cortana writing Spartan ops makes sense... She harbours some sort of resentment towards Halsey right? Then the characterisation works.

Even as someone who's been okay with the way 343i has been handling Halsey...

I laughed pretty hard at that.

wwm0nkey

werwequvt.gif

The chance of me purchasing a PS4 are slim to none, but I am still jacked to see next-gen tomorrow (and because let's be honest, whatever we see from Sony is in all likelihood very similar to what we're going to see from MS).

Everyone should be, and like you said even if you are not getting a PS4 a look into the next-gen is not a bad thing at all.

Honestly kind of surprised there isn't a Promethean Shotty Snipers variant.

It could actually be kind of fun, in Action Sack. Then again, I've never been a fan of regular sniper games.

Binary Slayer. 343's gametype. It was Binary Rifles, bottomless clip, infinite thruster pack, low gravity, sword secondary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_-4D7olO84

Off-topic but it looks like a lock that tonight we will see the first of the next-gen systems revealed. The lead gameplay designer of BF just confirmed it

Also looks like BF4 will be there too :)

Gen4? Isn't it Gen8?

The 4th 3D gen.

Lol ok, Gen8 then.

Top Bottom