• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Nebula

I don't think I'm ready to go back to Halo 4 yet. We ended up in a game where it was 4 v 1 most of the game, and the guy was attempting to hide. It was so boring that I just lost interest and ended up playing like crap and dying more than I should, which in turn annoyed me and that led to the inevitable rage quit.

I remember saying about Reach "I'm glad it's different because I'd rather be annoyed at the game but still be interested in playing it instead of bored like I am of Halo 3." Yeah, it's a shame Halo 4 annoys and bores me.

Throwdown is good though and Slayer BRs is great. It's probably how the entirety of Halo 4's settings should have been from launch.

Havok

I'll never understand what goes through the minds of people who put this upside down bucket on:

QpEIYC9.png

Or how it was greenlit to take up disc space instead of Mark V.

Also, I wish there was a closer visor color to gold that wasn't bright orange or pea soup green. I'm not sure why I like playing Spartan dress up so much.

Nebula

I'll never understand what goes through the minds of people who put this thing on:

QpEIYC9.png

It's an upside down bucket with eye holes cut out. With a shocked mouth drawn underneath. I guess it doesn't have a tape deck strapped to its forehead, so it has that going for it at least.

I like to wear it as a punishment for not yet unlocking the headbutt (commando) helmet. Here are some pics I took, in case you don't know what helmet I'm talking about.

I would also like to second your post. Mark V should be in, it is the goosers helmet after all.

I say I will buy the best console next gen, but it's probably going to be the Xbox regardless. Unless MS really fucks up, I'm going to get it because I'll give in anyway before Halo 5 comes out anyway.

I'm looking forward to what Sony has in store because I'll probably get one a few years after launch like I did with the PS3.

I'm looking forward the announcement tonight because it realistically sets the bar for next gen. At that point Microsoft realizes that have general feature parity, or they push out plan B to trump the PS4.

Unfortunately Plan B will probably involve "needs Kinect for the full experience."

I think we'll see a huge improvement in the service. They introduced the Xbox Live Marketplace, XBLA, and achievements when the 360 launched and eventually party chat, all of which have set the standard. I'm more worried about new IP's than service.

willow ve

I say I will buy the best console next gen, but it's probably going to be the Xbox regardless. Unless MS really fucks up, I'm going to get it because I'll give in anyway before Halo 5 comes out anyway.

I'm looking forward to what Sony has in store because I'll probably get one a few years after launch like I did with the PS3.

I'm looking forward the announcement tonight because it realistically sets the bar for next gen. At that point Microsoft realizes that have general feature parity, or they push out plan B to trump the PS4.

Unfortunately Plan B will probably involve "needs Kinect for the full experience."

I'll never understand what goes through the minds of people who put this upside down bucket on:

QpEIYC9.png

Also, I wish there was a closer visor color to gold that wasn't bright orange or pea soup green. I'm not sure why I like playing Spartan dress up so much.

Some won't admit it, but I think a lot of people actually enjoy swapping out parts and colors on their spartan. Even though no one else gives a damn what other people's spartans look like.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm not sure why I like playing Spartan dress up so much.

This has potential for a XBLA game: Spartan Dress-Up. Equip and customize a Spartan, pose and take pics, share via Twitter, Facebook and other social media, shared pics are given points, sufficient amount of points gives achievements and new stuff for customization.

JB1981

QpEIYC9.png

Though the Reach Spartan designs were much better

This has potential for a XBLA game: Spartan Dress-Up. Equip and customize a Spartan, pose and take pics, share via Twitter, Facebook and other social media, shared pics are given points, sufficient amount of points gives achievements and new stuff for customization.

vvEWK2n.jpg

ElRenoRaven

The last good Playstation console was the PS2.

The PS3 is a damn good console too. Their first party games have gotten amazingly good and combine that with all the 3rd parties like the 360 and you have a damn good console. Sure they made mistakes but which of the big 3 didn't make mistakes this gen?

Nebula

The PS3 is a damn good console too. Their first party games have gotten amazingly good and combine that with all the 3rd parties like the 360 and you have a damn good console. Sure they made mistakes but which of the big 3 didn't make mistakes this gen?

I believe that the PS4 will do some major wrecking of the new Xbox. I'm waiting to see what they are going to be releasing with it at/near launch. I've never considered myself brand loyal if you will, it was a matter of liking what one console provided over the other. None of the Xbox exclusives hold my interest at the moment as well which makes me, to Microsoft at least. prone to jumping ship.

Now to play the waiting game I guess.

I'll probably buy a 720 on or near launch day (Destiny permitting) to play, just because that has my largest friendslist, and I know most people will just go Xbox unless Microsoft really screws the pooch. I see myself buying a Wii U and or PS4 later on this gen, once their libraries fill out - Sony and Nintendo proved to me this gen they were both capable of pumping out excellent content, and Sony still has a couple awesome titles for 2013. No point in buying both on launch day unless they both have extremely compelling software, which I'm doubtful of. Basically, same thing I did this gen. I only finally bought a PS3 this past year, and most of the great games are quite cheap, and I had the benefit of getting the slim (until they came out with a slim slim). Also got to play all three God of War games in HD for the first time and back to back, same with Uncharted. So I'm really hoping Microsoft have their shit together at launch, and I don't really care if it isn't as powerful as the ps4 since I have a nice PC for when I want eye candy.

Doubt I'll pick up any launch hardware, not only proven to be costly and risky, it also tends to not have particularly good software.

Would have to have some especially appealing feature/game/price to get me in during the first 12 months.

Will build a new PC in the coming months.

Madness

If Microsoft doesn't allow for my XBLA games to be transferred, I'll buy the ps4. Never before was I milked for a console like I was for the 360.

Gears will most likely be multi platform next generation because Epic risks having their franchise become irrelevant in the face of multi platform shooters.

I'm not liking the direction of Halo at all, and so have little desire for Halo 5. I think if Sony confirms PSN will stay free, I'll probably buy it day one. It seems to be more powerful and easier than ps3 was for devs, to develop.

On a side note, seems SltPoison went crazy at the end of the last OT, rip in piece, and why didn't Dax do the OT? Not that I mind, Booties' wasn't bad, but how does HaloGAF decide who gets to do the OT's? First come first serve?

What if the Xbox 720 reveals that the create-a-character component transcends the games themselves and works with the actual OS? For example, if you've got Halo 5 in your disc tray, and go to your avatar customization, there'll be a list of options.

Band Camp (Rock Band reboot meets tower defense)
Gears of War: Revengeance
Halo 5

If you select Halo 5, you can customize your Spartan for use as your LIVE avatar and your Spartan in-game.

Also, the Reclaimer Saga is really an anthology series that always starts off with Chief waking up from the cryotube, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and always has a depressing ending.

I started playing this again after a month or so and they really seemed to have made the challenges easier and the payout more significant. 5k for yesterdays dailies. 30 k for an easy monthly. All they need to do now is to bring back double XP.

Also loving Team throwdown but the amount of quitters is ridiculous. There was maybe one game that finished with a full compliment of players. Really think they should have kept JiP for this playlist.

ElRenoRaven

Doubt I'll pick up any launch hardware, not only proven to be costly and risky, it also tends to not have particularly good software.

Would have to have some especially appealing feature/game/price to get me in during the first 12 months.

Will build a new PC in the coming months.

Oh I'm with you there. First off MS screwed the pooch with the 360 and the Red Ring of death fiasco. So even if I were to decide to go with them next gen I'm waiting at least 2 years. Course for me it's going to come down to a couple things what I buy next gen.

I'm only getting one of the big two to go with my WII U. The one I pick is going to first off allow used games. If one of both block them then neither that one or neither in the cause of both will be bought. That's an automatic no buy. Second the console I pick must allow at least free basic online play. Again if neither does it's PC and WII U for me.

Lastly but not least does it have the games I want to play. I'm sure both will have plenty of games I want to play so that's really not that big a deal for me. However until it does have games I want to play I will wait off on buying it.

A bit off-topic but Polygon have spotted Marty O'Donnell leaving the venue yesterday in New York. A Destiny presentation is a real possibility now.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/40...halo-and-beyond-developers-amassing-in-nyc-in

No way. OMG. If they show PS4 Destiny I'm going to lose my shit. I may just take back everything I said and preorder PS4 ASAP. lol. Course keep in mind I'm skeptical that we'll see anything more then we did earlier this week. I'm more then happy to be proven wrong though Bungie.

Bungie is the one exception to my rules above. I'll also go where they go. lol

Shadders

It's always a possibility, but it kinda makes sense that Bungie would be at the event since they're all multiplatform now. It would surprise the hell out of me though, only a few days after the reveal? Madness.

Jeff Gerstmann said that it felt as though something had been pulled from the event on Sunday, as if there wasn't quite enough content to fill the day.

Jeff Gerstmann said that it felt as though something had been pulled from the event on Sunday, as if there wasn't quite enough content to fill the day.

It certainly would be crazy, but after having a few days to think about it, I think a lot of the press acted pretty silly, Gerstmann included. This article popped up yesterday from Matt Soell. and it really resonated with me: http://mattsoell.com/2013/02/transparency-is-overrated/

Still, I like surprises, and I definitely will be if Bungie or Destiny are mentioned in any capacity at Sony's event today (outside of perhaps a brief Activision "we're on board" statement). Marty being in town doesn't really mean a whole lot, I imagine most Sony devs, first and third party, are going to be at this event. It's pretty important.

Merguson

Banned
There's going to be around 1200 people at the event so obviously I wouldn't assume that a certain person being at the event means anything. There are some hints of them actually showing off more of Destiny but nothing confirmed. At least we only have to wait 8 hours, and be ARG-free :)

It certainly would be crazy, but after having a few days to think about it, I think a lot of the press acted pretty silly, Gerstmann included. This article popped up yesterday from Matt Soell. and it really resonated with me: http://mattsoell.com/2013/02/transparency-is-overrated/

Still, I like surprises, and I definitely will be if Bungie or Destiny are mentioned in any capacity at Sony's event today (outside of perhaps a brief Activision "we're on board" statement). Marty being in town doesn't really mean a whole lot, I imagine most Sony devs, first and third party, are going to be at this event. It's pretty important.

It's not really about the information they disclosed, but rather how they pretended it was a big deal.

I mean, we had a ARG a week before the reveal. We've had constant reminders from Bungie through social networks about the reveal.

Oh and you know, there was a six-hour event for the press, so please excuse people for thinking they actually might be showing more than one minute of actual gameplay. Did we even get 30 seconds of actual gameplay?

I mean, if they want to hype up their game, that's fine, I expect that from Bungie. But as for me, their reveal did NOTHING for me.

It's not really about the information they disclosed, but rather how they pretended it was a big deal.

I mean, we had a ARG a week before the reveal. We've had constant reminders from Bungie through social networks about the reveal.

Oh and you know, there was a six-hour event for the press, so please excuse people for thinking they actually might be showing more than one minute of actual gameplay. Did we even get 30 seconds of actual gameplay?

I mean, if they want to hype up their game, that's fine, I expect that from Bungie. But as for me, their reveal did NOTHING for me.

But it was a big deal. It was Bungie unveiling their "secret" project after being almost completely dark for almost 2 years, and the unveiling of their first new franchise in almost 13. I'd say we know more about Destiny now than we knew about Halo after its reveal, hell, we know more than we knew about Halo 4 when it was first revealed, we just had the benefit of a 10+ year old franchise to give us an understanding of what to expect. That's fine if the reveal did nothing for you. It wasn't for you. It was for them and their community.

"People demanding all the details right now for a game with a projected 10-year life cycle are like people showing up at a concert and shouting for “Freebird” while the opening act is still setting up their gear."

IHaveIce

Banned
Damn I'm already hyped as hell for the PS4 reveal and now you are telling me there is a chance Destiny could be shown?

I will need a pile of new pants after this event..I knew it.

Top Bottom