• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Old, but deserves to be quoted again. I'm able to find some semblance of fun in certain areas of Halo 4 and thanks in large part to the crew I run with almost every night, but I can't deny the truth bombs in this post.

Agreed, Kyle was spot on in his post.

I gave this game a chance, a genuine chance.

But, it has recently soured on me so much, that it has forced me to take a break from playing it consistently for a few months.

And if 343 continues down this route, I will abandon the MP portion of it completely. Although, the funny thing is that I ain't even mad. This franchise has given me more then 10 years of gaming greatness.

Yet, here I am stuck in MP gaming limbo patiently waiting for next gen to arrive and more specifically Destiny and BF4 to provide the goodies.

But, it has recently soured on me so much, that it has forced me to take a break from playing it consistently for a few months.

And if 343 continues down this route, I will abandon the MP portion of it completely. Although, the funny thing is that I ain't even mad. This franchise has given me more then 10 years of gaming greatness.

Yet, here I am stuck in MP gaming limbo patiently waiting for next gen to arrive and more specifically Destiny and BF4 to provide the goodies.

That's interesting, that implies you'll still stick around for the Single Player portion, meaning you'd buy Halo 5 and Halo 6 for the campaign, so regardless of 343 making you (or a huge chunk of the community unhappy) they'll still receive your money, because you (and a huge chunk of the community) like the Single Player, and like Cortana and Chief.

So 343 probably doesn't really care if you like the multiplayer or not, because you'll still buy the game.

Unless you're also done with single player as well?

Ken

Maybe he'll just Youtube the cutscenes a month before paying customers, who want their first play through to remain pure, see it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
GGs dudes. Might get on again later tonight. Majestic maps are good, much better than the vanilla maps (outside of Haven at least).

Homogenization of gametype settings needs to happen. There are way too many variants across the board. I have no idea if friendly fire is on, or what the flag return time in a particular match may be. It's even worse than Reach's fragmentation. Same goes for the number of playlists.

Same here. I mean, I get it; there's a broader market to appeal to that I'm not a part of. It sucks, but there's nothing to be done about it.

Wait what? I really haven't played with you in a long time.

And I still want that 1v1!

Wait what? I really haven't played with you in a long time.

And I still want that 1v1!

It has moved to Destiny now.

Or possibly H2 Anniversary (a man can dream).

That's interesting, that implies you'll still stick around for the Single Player portion, meaning you'd buy Halo 5 and Halo 6 for the campaign, so regardless of 343 making you (or a huge chunk of the community unhappy) they'll still receive your money, because you (and a huge chunk of the community) like the Single Player, and like Cortana and Chief.

So 343 probably doesn't really care if you like the multiplayer or not, because you'll still buy the game.

Unless you're also done with single player as well?

Nah, I'll stick around for SP, it is also one of the few game series offering 4 player co-op. which I hope stays in.

I value the SP in Halo games highly compared to other games.

Its because you insist on playing with the likes of Xand that the game has soured you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I need 1 or 2 people to join HaloGAF Radio right now. You need Skype and like 1.5-2hours of free time.

Add me on Skype: Tashi0106

Go go go!

ZeNy

Neo Member
Beta Build Update 3, I can't even imagine what else they cut from the game if this was in there. Theater mode or Forge in 2? Geez
You mean... This?

capboy210-image6.jpg

There is some videos from the Beta on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73dOp8VJXl8

IHaveIce

Banned
I need 1 or 2 people to join HaloGAF Radio right now. You need Skype and like 1.5-2hours of free time.

Go go go!

I could sit there und just say "yes", I'm not fond enough of my english skills and too shy to try it.

I can't even disagree with that.

That guy is UNBELIEVABLY loud.

To be fair I am actually curious why you seem soured on halo right now? (as opposed to before) The latest batch of content has been pretty great - throwdown and the new maps are not bad at all. The game mechanics can still have issues but halo 4 seems to be improving a fair bit - It does make me slightly hopeful that things will improve - didbt frankie mention the possibility of stufff like red x's getting back in on here?

Blueblur1

Louis WU PM me this

halo2beta_observers.jpg

holy wow bungie.

Awesome. That image reminds me that Halo 2 had some form of theater mode since there was once a 'Saved Films' option. Bungie plays around with a lot of ideas and sometimes they don't work for a very long time. Headhunter was a Halo 2 game type that finally showed up in Reach. And it's pretty obvious that the Arbiter's camouflage ability in Halo 2 is the predecessor to equipment and armor abilities.

To be fair I am actually curious why you seem soured on halo right now? The latest batch of content has been pretty great - throwdown and the new maps are not bad at all. The game mechanics can still have issues but halo 4 seems to be improving a fair bit

The new maps are great and all, and I still think its a good game, but here's the important part, I don't think it's a good 'Halo' game to me.

Also throw ZalinKrow into the mix. Terrible person.

Go go go!
I can come back on the show if ya'll want. Same mic which sounded kinda poopy, but if you can't get anyone else.

ZeNy

Neo Member
LLamuh : Will competitive gamers have a home in Destiny?

Yes. The most competitive guys at our studio are having a damn good time playing Destiny.
Josh Hamrick, Senior Designer

I'll just put this here.

Isocr4cy

I'm not trusting that. Even from Bungie.

Their competetive is not necesarily my competetive.

Pretty much. On the GiantBomb preview, Jeff mentioned that the equipment/weapons you earn while playing Destiny will come with you into EVERY mode. If that is indeed true, than chances are that I will enjoy the singleplayer/coop aspects of the game, but never step foot into PVP, just as I did in WoW.

Bungie really is a really fucking good team.

Who KNOWS what was cut from Halo 2. Wasn't sprint supposed to be in there?

I think. They also posted videos of the mongoose in 2. Lots of cool behind the scenes info.

Sprint itself doesn't bother me. In Reach, sprint was an AA. You knew when it was possible to have, how fast it recharged. The maps were not designed around it because it was meant to give you a slight advantage over people who chose other AAs. Most importantly, you had the option not to use it.

Top Bottom