• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

heckfu

Banned
Are there any plans to implement CSR in-game, or is it still going to be Waypoint only?

4. YOU HAVE TO PM ME THE QUESTIONS. I will not look at any questions posted here. PM me the questions
5. PM me the questions you have for the Kevin Franklin interview
6. PM me the questions you have for the Kevin Franklin interview
7. PM me the questions you have for the Kevin Franklin interview

oh

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
You know what I meant. What are the things 343 didn't even want to put in the game, and what did 343 want but couldn't put in.

Yeah, I'm interested to know what Frank was talking about during the Halo Fest Halo 4 panel where he said there were things that would be awesome to implement for Halo 4, but were cut because they "weren't Halo".

ugh...

jAiXUDM.png

Completely random question: what are some fun, interesting guns people would like to see somehow end up in Halo? Like Quake's Flak Cannon having some influence on the Scattershot, for example.

ElRenoRaven

Completely random question: what are some fun, interesting guns people would like to see somehow end up in Halo? Like Quake's Flak Cannon having some influence on the Scattershot, for example.

I wouldn't mind seeing a gun that shoots lasers and is purple and looks kind of like a horse shoe. It might look something like say this.

Plasmarifle.png

ElRenoRaven

Fixed.

Horseshoe?

Yea. Take out the handle in the middle and close in the front end. It looks like a funky Horse shoe. I couldn't believe they cut it out of Halo. Every damn game has had it. When I think halo I think of 3 weapons. Assault Riffle, Plasma Rifle, and Battle Riffle.

It's sad because it really wasn't replaced by anything interesting. Can't say I cared for the new additions to the covie weapons and sure didn't care for anything promethean.

Yea. Take out the handle in the middle and close in the front end. It looks like a funky Horse shoe. I couldn't believe they cut it out of Halo. Every damn game has had it. When I think halo I think of 3 weapons. Assault Riffle, Plasma Rifle, and Battle Riffle.

It's sad because it really wasn't replaced by anything interesting. Can't say I cared for the new additions to the covie weapons and sure didn't care for anything promethean.

Yea :'(. I wish they would have had even for at least campaign only. The mp sandbox was way too crowded as it is. They went overboard with redundant weapons and not making the sound effects distinct enough. I could always tell what weapon was being used and the rough distance and direction. Halo 4's sound effect mixing was horrible in that regard.

P.S. Stubbs the zombie is your avatar!!!! You just gave me a nostalgia overload. That game used the halo:CE engine as well :p

So, I'm looking up etymology for very definitely no reason, and you guys know zoojoo? Or Ian Kerns?

Ian is another form of John and "kerns" means that he must withstand "...the resultant forces of all compressive loads must pass if there is to be only compression at that point."

zoojoo is literally HaloGAF Jesus and was banned for our sins.

...kerning can also mean to cover with grains of salt. Holy shit.

So, I'm looking up etymology for very definitely no reason, and you guys know zoojoo? Or Ian Kerns?

Ian is another form of John and "kerns" means that he must withstand "...the resultant forces of all compressive loads must pass if there is to be only compression at that point."

Because he's the hero HaloGAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now

Fracas

#fuckonami

Oh my god, I'm dying hahaha

Holy shit.

Is there anyone that'd be willing to help record that old script that replaced Halo 2's opening cutscene with HaloGAF people?

Also, u4ix, if you're listening, I'm gonna need you to rap.

Omni

So whatever happened to having a direct impact on what happens in the next weeks episode of Spartan Ops? Another cut feature?
No? I mean, how else could the Covenant attack an unguarded Galileo base numerous times if we weren't there to stop them and leave each time. Direct impact.

I guess I always interpreted the quote to mean that my actions could potentially change the outcome of the next episode so not everyone's story played out the same way.

Is there anyone that'd be willing to help record that old script that replaced Halo 2's opening cutscene with HaloGAF people?

Also, u4ix, if you're listening, I'm gonna need you to rap.
Do whatever, but we thought about that back when it was written and we agreed that anything we recorded would not have been nearly as cool/good as just the written reimagined scene.

Also, HaloGAF is dead, so...

Omni

Playing through the Halo 3 campaign coop again. Daaaaamn that game is fun.

I wants the Brutes back. And even the Flood would be nice. Anything is better than Prometheans

RIP Brute Chopper
RIP Sandbox
RIP Flaming Helmets
RIP Bungie Day
RIP Isolation
lol

I honestly never would've thought unquestionably fun/unique additions to the sandbox would get the axe.. like the Chopper, Falcon/Hornet, Grenade Launcher. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I like mine more. :)

(My last screenshot in Halo 3, made me look to the others, dat nostalgia)

lol I went to find that pic in my fileshare and saw some of the other pics I had; brought back good memories :']

Halo 3 is a funny one. I do have some problems with it. But... most of it works, and what works works extremely well. Overall, there's something euphoric about it.

Maybe it's something in the water...

That reminds me of that BWU, before Reach release, I can't believe I actually got hyped by water...

Waterfall.gif

dam.gif

If someone want to remember those not-so-old-days. BWU: 03.12.10

TheOddOne

Would be interesting to see the Infinity Slayer playlist be replaced with a barebones pre-set loadout Slayer playlist for just one week. I wonder what the overall feedback would be from the current community playing.

My guess would be that a very small portion of the players that love the Infinity playlist would be outraged, and probably move onto the other Infinity enabled playlists. The rest would welcome the change, but still have the feeling that this isn’t the Halo they use to know.

It's 2013 and CUNT afk's are still ruining games of Halo. Can we PLEASE get a auto boot after two minutes of inactivity? Is that too much to ask?

IHaveIce

Banned
Would be interesting to see the Infinity Slayer playlist be replaced with a barebones pre-set loadout Slayer playlist for just one week. I wonder what the overall feedback would be from the current community playing.

My guess would be that a very small portion of the players that love the Infinity playlist would be outraged, and probably move onto the other Infinity enabled playlists. The rest would welcome the change, but still have the feeling that this isn’t the Halo they use to know.

Or just put above Infinity Slayer a list that is like you described ( but still newcomer friendlier than Throwdown) and call it simple Team Slayer, everyone knows the name (even if it just from Reach)

I wonder if it would be more liked

Top Bottom