• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Moa

FKLS503.png

The achievement still shows up as The Dongblainer on Waypoint, compared to the actual thing.

Thought that'd amuse some of you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok Kevin Franklin Resubmission of questions:

Rules:

1. I decide which of your questions I want to use
2. You can send me as many questions as you want
3. Questions like, "why did you ruin Halo?" or "Can you bring Halo back?" will be instantly thrown out.
4. YOU HAVE TO PM ME THE QUESTIONS. I will not look at any questions posted here. PM me the questions
5. PM me the questions you have for the Kevin Franklin interview
6. PM me the questions you have for the Kevin Franklin interview
7. PM me the questions you have for the Kevin Franklin interview

Topics of discussion:

-CSR (this will be a large focus of the interview) Just about anything and everything about CSR is acceptable
-Current playlists
-Gametypes during their development stages, protoypes. How the game has changed since early development.
-General future playlist directions
-Sandbox

Stuff you can't ask about:
-Castle Map Pack
-Future title updates
-Future feature additions

Also, the topics of discussion I posted above are guidelines but not hard rules. Keep that in mind.

I'll post another reminder tomorrow.

Ask away!

TheOddOne

I wouldn't call it a small change at all. When Infinity Challenge CTF was at the top of the listing, it was taking over 3% more of that day's peak population on its worst day than just before it was moved (9.7% of peak population, compared to 6.4%). While the raw numbers aren't a fair comparison because of the post-Christmas bump, the percentages certainly are. Even now, an equivalent percentage bump would cause the playlist in question to have its population increased by just over 2000 players, which at this point would be doubling or tripling some playlists' population. Just for fun, on its best day Infinity Challenge CTF had 8.3% more of its daily peak population than just before it was moved (14.7% vs. 6.4%), which would cause an increase of over 5,000 players today.

I guess we don't know how much it being part of the tournament helped that bump, but it wasn't an insignificant increase either way. Where we are in the game's life, any increase is important.
I stand corrected! Was looking from a top-down perspective, but the numbers speak otherwise.

Nebula

yeah thanks obama.

Seriously I have to admit I hated jetpack and camo as AA way more than armor lock.

I hate AL as well but not as much as the other two. Unless it's BTB and I'm vehicle whoring. Armour Lock has stopped many an overkill splatter.

heckfu

Banned
Looks like Gandhi will be casting too. I can't wait to watch top teams again, I like this idea for the event but thee isn't enough pull for people to watch.

I'm debating on if the drive up is worth it. Have a bunch of friends in the city, too.

Ghazi

Looks like Gandhi will be casting too. I can't wait to watch top teams again, I like this idea for the event but thee isn't enough pull for people to watch.

Gandhi being there makes it so much better. Plus, with the top teams being there there's going to much more on the line. There's 1.6k people watching today's stream and I'd expect more to be watching Nashville, though you may be right.

Maybe it's just me but ODST was the longest first campaign runthrough for me - to be fair I was going through on Legendary on my first run and switched to Normal at the Banshee segment, though.

Halo 4 by far was the fastest at six and a half hours on Heroic.

Team Throwdown - love waiting five minutes for a match.

My experiences playing Team Throwdown with people who have never played Team Throwdown:

"Throwdown? What's this?"
"It's as close to Halo as you can get in this game."
"I've never played it before."
"Vote Shutout."

Match starts

"Holy shit! It's that map from Halo 2! Awesome!"

Throwdown was probably a poor choice for a name. I think a pure slayer playlist with Throwdown's options should be put at the top of the list. Just call it Team Slayer or even Slayer Classic because it seems like you need to be extremely clear as to what the game type is in the playlist name or people get confused and ignore it. Then move the CTF and KOTH variants into CTF and Team Objective.

JackHerer

Do you still have the film? I still have a gold month left as a bounty for films of that happening.

Don't think so unfortunately. Having some issues with saved films actually. It doesn't seem to want to store more than 1 recent game at a time and I can't save an entire film. Only clips.

I have a HD so not sure what the problem is. I always have to remember to go into theater right after a game if I wanna save something.

Overdoziz

Banned
Don't think so unfortunately. Having some issues with saved films actually. It doesn't seem to want to store more than 1 recent game at a time and I can't save an entire film. Only clips.

I have a HD so not sure what the problem is. I always have to remember to go into theater right after a game if I wanna save something.
When you're in the recent games menu press right stick and it will show all of your recent games and not just the last one.

Quality over quantity. Length ain't important in my book, providing it's enjoyable.

Not saying that this is the case in this case, but it could be.

I found the cut boss battle in Halo 4

We were supposed to slap around Unicron's drunk wife?

EDIT: So, I got the best idea ever. What if GAF was a feudal/neo-renaissance style society with dedicated regions or clans? Like, say, the Clan of Cats and Pizza?

ApcXWMy.png

They'd wield pizza cutters and have little cat/pizza insignias similar to the sun knights of Dark Souls.

Id wager that 4 hours completion is the single player on normal difficulty without taking on the Declassified missions and its also not factoring in the Secondary Aftermath camping that is unlocked after collecting enough stars and tells the story of Baird and Cole during the later segment of gears 3.

You can speed run Halo 4 in 1 hour 34

Top Bottom