• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Streaming functionality isn't going to make a lick of difference for Halo's popularity (or any game for that matter). If Halo wants to regain the top spot it needs to become "fun" again. Fundamentally, it needs to speed up in ALL facets of gameplay and streamline the experience rather than further convolute it.

They need to bring back backpack reloading. Sped up the game on multiple layers.

Just wanna say that zero bloom Reach is pretty cool.

Just wanna say that I agree and that playlist should've been the starting place for Halo 4.

dude Brawl- is so much fun

I think it's fine as long as you apply it to every aspect of the game, and not singular facets. See Brawl- for examples (everyone's given godlike OP abilities).

You should check out Smash 64 then because the hitstun and combos are much better than Melee/Brawl. 2v2s in 64 are fuckin GODLIKE; easily the best in the series.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Bracket's done. Really hard to pick a winner. My Elite 8 is St. Louis, Duke, K-State, Ohio State, Kansas, Florida, Indiana, and Butler.

Went with Indiana over Ohio State in the final. I think there's going to be a ton of upsets this year. I wouldn't be that shocked if Gonzaga went down the first round. The field's weaker than ever, and the Zags always choke.
Round of 64 at best

fixed

ElRenoRaven

Posting this for foreign Halogaf one more time before I go to bed.

Non US Halogaffers here is your chance. PM me if you want to throw your name in the hat for a copy of Silentium for Kindle. Remember you will need an Amazon.com account in order to claim this. Entries will be accepted till 11:59 PM Pacific time Friday. After that time entries will not count. Saturday morning I'll announce the winner and PM them the code to redeem.

Again please note this is for foreign Halogaffers and that an Amazon.com account will be required to redeem it. US gaffers got their turn so now it's everyone elses turn. Also for anyone who says but I don't have a kindle. Remember there are Kindle apps for IOS, Android, and even a PC app and their own cloud reader.

Links to last two are below:

Kindle for PC
Amazon Cloud Reader

*Please note that this means everyone but those in the US can enter. That means our friends to the North and South of the US are included in this give away.

gAg CruSh3r

Am I the only that hates discs? >.>

6A23F996-175D-47BD-8511-13A42C0BC4AC-12830-00000C3499F7D4F8.jpg

I miss these... :(

Bracket's done. Really hard to pick a winner. My Elite 8 is St. Louis, Duke, K-State, Ohio State, Kansas, Florida, Indiana, and Butler.

Went with Indiana over Ohio State in the final. I think there's going to be a ton of upsets this year. I wouldn't be that shocked if Gonzaga went down the first round. The field's weaker than ever, and the Zags always choke
Booooooo

I can promise there are at least two prizes but one will be US only as of now. If you win and are Euro-Gaf you'll get at least one and then the other will stay with the owner as of now.

I hate to be so cryptic but Juices and I have pretty cool prizes for the winner and want to keep it a secret!

What contest do I enter to win you?

Trey

Streaming functionality isn't going to make a lick of difference for Halo's popularity (or any game for that matter). If Halo wants to regain the top spot it needs to become "fun" again. Fundamentally, it needs to speed up in ALL facets of gameplay and streamline the experience rather than further convolute it.

Nothing I suggested convolutes the experience. Streaming is an important tool for games now with Twitch and social gaming blowing up. It's either Halo makes streaming extremely accessible, or the franchise jumps to PC to meet that demand.

Addressing the gameplay is far more subjective. I would argue that Halo cannot purely revert back to any of its iterations in its entire existence and seize the market back. Not without ushering in another revolution to shooters (the genre could use a serious shakeup) and bringing along now standard features will Halo sit atop the pile.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Portland has barely had rain this year. We had like three weeks of winter, and then Spring started in January. B-)

Good game despite me really lacking that focus lol. In 3v3, I almost feel as though I should go hardcore supply pods and ust send them to my team.

Top Bottom