• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

It's good that they're adding the X markers back. That was one of the things that really confused me. I can't say the others benefit me much personally but it's cool that they can update weapon parameters on the fly now.

Finally, Flood is being fixed. Halo is saved!

Kidding aside, this was a pretty decent update tonight. Now they just have to say what they're going to do with the ability to change weapon balance without a TU.

edit: but yeah, camo's still not fixed

IHaveIce

Banned
Something tells me we will hear more about weapon specific stuff at PAX...you know like they kind of said.

Yeah its sounding like we will hear weapon related stuff at PAX

They said what they can do.. not what and which weapons they will change :/

I mean I can imagine what they can do with it..I want the changes in MM.

Aim assist on Gauss removed.. next aim assist removal pls on the beam rifle

EDIT: also I hope the panel is at least recorded and put online quickly.

FyreWulff

Sounds like the last one means they can tune all (most? some?) weapons via Megalo now, which I'm kind of surprised wasn't included with the H4 version after the Reach TU used it.

edit: or it's possible it's just a global tuning setting the game downloads with the playlist data. I think it's probably the first one though.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Still no DMR nerf? Really? Really? Freaking hell man! 2 title updates later and they still don't nerf the DMR? What's wrong with 343! I don't even care if they can now nerf it without needing an update, the fact that after 5 months of complaints, and 2 opportunities later, they still don't nerf the DMR, is just sickening.

Wow.

Something tells me we will hear more about weapon specific stuff at PAX...you know like they kind of said.

Yeah its sounding like we will hear weapon related stuff at PAX

I read that as "We will share what we CAN do, not WILL do.

I don't care if they can make the BR a four-shot kill, I care about if they do it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Throwdown will benefit so much from the Xs.

And new versions and the Pro settings are in instead of deluxe.. damn I really have to get friends and teammates playing this list with me lol.

Alone I'm fodder and will go neg -10

Still no DMR nerf? Really? Really? Freaking hell man! 2 title updates later and they still don't nerf the DMR? What's wrong with 343! I don't even care if they can now nerf it without needing an update, the fact that after 5 months of complaints, and 2 opportunities later, they still don't nerf the DMR, is just sickening.

tumblr_m44jhlua4W1qmzo43o1_400.gif

GrizzNKev

Banned
Didn't BS Angel say 1 AM Eastern...?

Where's my TU info. :mad:

^omg yay!

Gotta go fast.

Rev3rb

It's nice that they'll be able to tweak weapons without TUs, but how much longer will it take to get the actual tweaks pushed out...

Damn, no sit-rec/final sit-rec news
oh well :/

Striker

With the red X's Throwdown is easily the best of the bunch. It's not perfect, but it's best of what's to offer. They were never going to remove the big issues like loadouts, AA's, ordnance drops, bad weapons (Promethean weapons minus the Lightrifle), or the other annoyances throughout gameplay like the melee, bad spawns galore, vehicle "combat", bring in better gametypes, etc.

Didn't you just post that in the last page? :p

I'm not really upset, just a little frustrated with 343. I'm glad at least Xs are back, and I'm glad that Camo is getting a nerf (needs a bigger nerf though), but it really makes me made that they ignore 5 months of complaints since launch begging for a DMR Nerf. That's the most request change in Halo 4 and they ignore it. It just doesn't make sense to me how a developer doesn't listen to its fanbase, when they claim they do and we (the fanbase) are one of the "key parts" in the development for this game.

Rev3rb

I would have appreciated even a tiny bit of info on what weapons they plan on tweaking with their new backend system.
I don't even need a specific date, I just want to know what sandbox changes they're working on...

at least we get our X's :p

Madness

Doubles Pro settings in throwdown, with Red X's back? Damn, that'll be amazing if you can have a good team going in.

I think the active camo nerf is perfect because it fixes a huge problem which was that people could fire one or two shots and still be invisible. Maybe it'll stop people from using it so much. But if it can't be removed, I like the fact camo is weakened.

I don't get why Gauss needs a nerf as opposed to flat out removal? I mean who really likes the Gauss cannon in any map?

Aside from her useless rambling at the start about caffeine, I thought this was a good TU. We got quite a bit of info, and this new forge community FFA seems promising.

Hopefully Pax provides some better answers, who from GAF is going?

Fuchsdh

Doubles Pro settings in throwdown, with Red X's back? Damn, that'll be amazing if you can have a good team going in.

I think the active camo nerf is perfect because it fixes a huge problem which was that people could fire one or two shots and still be invisible. Maybe it'll stop people from using it so much. But if it can't be removed, I like the fact camo is weakened.

I don't get why Gauss needs a nerf as opposed to flat out removal? I mean who really likes the Gauss cannon in any map?

Aside from her useless rambling at the start about caffeine, I thought this was a good TU. We got quite a bit of info, and this new forge community FFA seems promising.

Hopefully Pax provides some better answers, who from GAF is going?

I think you can approach the issues with camo as an AA from two directions. This is one--when you're firing you're more visible (apparently 100% now?) I personally have always thought that the effects should be reversed--use it to traverse areas near invisibly, but once you start firing it immediately cuts off, rather than just fades.

Kill cam fix not in TU? Uhh... I mean it's not that big of a deal, but it kinda was a huge waste of resources if it isn't going to be fixed.

Active camo should just be removed as an ability. I believe stealth in FPS games should be about where you position yourself, not your characrer's transparency.

Tunavi

Banned
I would have appreciated even a tiny bit of info on what weapons they plan on tweaking with their new backend system.
I don't even need a specific date, I just want to know what sandbox changes they're working on...

at least we get our X's :p
boltshot is getting buffed again

This is the part that most dumbfounds me, directly from Bravo in the bulletin: "One thing to keep in mind is that even the tiniest of changes affects the sandbox as a whole, so these adjustments will be closely scrutinized and carefully tested before being released."

Earth to 343! You don't need to worry about weapon tweaks breaking your sandbox. It's an absolute train wreck as-is. Put away the scalpel and grab a hatchet already. You've got nothing to lose here.

Didn't you just post that in the last page? :p

I'm not really upset, just a little frustrated with 343. I'm glad at least Xs are back, and I'm glad that Camo is getting a nerf (needs a bigger nerf though), but it really makes me made that they ignore 5 months of complaints since launch begging for a DMR Nerf. That's the most request change in Halo 4 and they ignore it. It just doesn't make sense to me how a developer doesn't listen to its fanbase, when they claim they do and we (the fanbase) are one of the "key parts" in the development for this game.

Last post of page syndrome I think. I don't disagree but I'm not gonna stress over it. To be honest I don't have any energy to be that passionate anymore.

TheOddOne

Sounds like the last one means they can tune all (most? some?) weapons via Megalo now, which I'm kind of surprised wasn't included with the H4 version after the Reach TU used it.

edit: or it's possible it's just a global tuning setting the game downloads with the playlist data. I think it's probably the first one though.
Now? THEY THOUGHT ABOUT THIS JUST NOW. C'MON 343.

JHall

Finally, Flood is being fixed. Halo is saved!

Kidding aside, this was a pretty decent update tonight. Now they just have to say what they're going to do with the ability to change weapon balance without a TU.

edit: but yeah, camo's still not fixed

There is only one way to fix camo. Put it on the map and make it a power up.

I guess it's a start. Still, it seems like 343's vision of Halo is much different than the halos we used to play and I don't see them giving that up. Shame.

wwm0nkey

Also AA's should be on map pick ups, the modes on Reach that did this were really fun, though also having them as personal ordnance isn't bad....but AC and OS need to be made as on map pick ups again.

Halo needs on map pick ups again for weapons as well outside of throwdown.

Great games guys. Serious hour long war just went down. More gaffers need to run Halo Wars customs with us

I would be up for it - you guys play way too late for me though - perhaps ill try and get in over the weekend!

That active camo nerf is useless - once someone starts shooting they have the advantage and are pretty noticeable anyway

LOL Booshka I just remembered to laugh at you because the Booshka in Judgment is bunzZz

It's actually kind of good though.. sometimes.. in the right hands.

heckfu

Banned
I know I joke (is it?) about FIFA 13 being game of the year, but if Halo had the caliber of matchmaking this game did I would feel so much better about Halo 4.

I'm consistently getting competitive matches but at people with my same skill level - I hardly ever get matched with noobs and I hardly ever get matched with pros. It's really a wonderful system that provides competitive matches virtually 100% of the time.

RdN

I know I joke (is it?) about FIFA 13 being game of the year, but if Halo had the caliber of matchmaking this game did I would feel so much better about Halo 4.

I'm consistently getting competitive matches but at people with my same skill level - I hardly ever get matched with noobs and I hardly ever get matched with pros. It's really a wonderful system that provides competitive matches virtually 100% of the time.

Segregating player by Divisions really works well on FIFA, except when you reach Division 1 & 2, where the skill gap between player might be bigger.

Shadders

Totally, FIFA is one of those games where, when you take a panning, you feel like it was your fault, your mistakes that lead to those goals. You could have been better. Every game is a battle, and I have so many dramatic 4-3s or 5-4s. Great game.

Caja 117

Oh, anyone who thinks Halo 4 is dead, you don't even want to see Gears of War Judgments numbers...

25,571 players playing right now, world wide.

Im a Gears fan and didn't bought the game after I learned about only 4 multiplayer maps, I even mentioned that here, and some poster made fun of me because of it. Looking at those number I guess Im not the only one that was upset about it.

Thats what happens when developers try to mess too much with a game original formula, i wonder how Judgement did on Sales, and if this could be a lesson for the next Halo title, as MS cant expect to only ride the game on name only.

Top Bottom