• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Fuck it, nothing better to do. Doodled/retouched my original design for a Promethean Knight sniper.

YKgY74T.png

It takes a bunch of cues from past enemies, scrapped or otherwise. Notably, rather than staying static like Jackal Snipers, it moves sort of like General Grievous out of the Genndy Tartakovsky cartoon (the full thing's up on youtube), running and barrel rolling from cover to cover until it finds a vantage point. It can actually hang upside-down, as well - the floating "leg fins" help unite its two legs to essentially turn it into a turret once it finds a good spot. After 5 shots, it switches to another vantage point.

The crossbows are intricate as hell and aren't good for melee combat, and it has a tiny frame to begin with, so it'll generally stay out of range (further bolstered by the fact that Crossbolts are meant to be incredibly rare in campaign). A standard Archer will only have one and use both hands to fire it. If it does have to enter close-quarters, it'll try and hold you with its sub-arms and headbutt you before running off. Later on in the campaign you'd find Archer Majors, which dual-wield Crossbolts and the rubble they leave is substantial enough to form a single Crossbolt. It only has 5 shots and is right-handed in multiplayer, but has unlimited ammo and uses your left hand in campaign (setting up a special occasion on the final mission that allows you to dual-wield a Crossbolt and Gravity Gauntlet).

If you manage to assassinate one (easiest by sneaking up on one mounted upside-down), you hop onto it to piledrive it into the ground head-first, grab it by the still-unified legs to slam it on the ground again like a rug, and then finally slam it headfirst against whatever surface it was mounted to (such as a wall or tree) to decapitate it, Jason X-style.

FyreWulff

No lie I want to move to Portland.

One of the three places I can end up later this year are Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco. The last one is pretty ehhh since it has Vancouver-like real estate prices.

I am considering moving to Vancouver Washington just so I can say I moved from Vancouver to Vancouver (and it's pretty much Portland).

Dat 40k barrier...

Untitled-63_zps231f6299.png

OHHHH 343 you have to get death cam and definitely at the very least the final killcam in binary slayer, make the losers watch me quickscope them hard. So much good happenings in that gametype. Unfortunately your stuff is currently broked or turned off...and thats just sadddd.

Rev3rb

Dat 40k barrier...

Untitled-63_zps231f6299.png

OHHHH 343 you have to get death cam and definitely at the very least the final killcam in binary slayer, make the losers watch me quickscope them hard. So much good happenings in that gametype. Unfortunately your stuff is currently broked or turned off...and thats just sadddd.

Please be in the TU...

Damn, the other team just went for two separate scarabs really damn fast

edit: Nockz is done. Who do I invite next?

Invo summon here.

Dont forget the final killcam. I think I saw that feature once

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is the bulletin up yet? I'm waiting in excitement.
Yeah, this is the first bulletin I've been excited about in a long time.

No lie I want to move to Portland.

One of the three places I can end up later this year are Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco. The last one is pretty ehhh since it has Vancouver-like real estate prices.

I am considering moving to Vancouver Washington just so I can say I moved from Vancouver to Vancouver (and it's pretty much Portland).
Finally, my HaloGAF reality TV show can come to fruition.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ah, didn't know the standalone version was nearing release.

Definitely interested in trying it out when it launches. Seems like it'd be a really unique experience, especially with a group.

wwm0nkey

Ah, didn't know the standalone version was nearing release.

Definitely interested in trying it out when it launches. Seems like it'd be a really unique experience, especially with a group.

We should get a HaloGAF group together for it.

One of my favorite moments in gaming came from DayZ, I spawned and went into town at night and I hear/see a chopper take off. I go into town and there is NOTHING they raided all the building and the only things in there were the bodies of dead players. They even blew up the school house. I go to the closest town to that to find supplies but on my way I found a bandit who had no weapon on him and told him to just continue to town and I wont shoot him, he proceeded to the cleaned out town and as I move forward I see the body of a player he just killed. I make it to the other town but same story, its completely empty. I eventually just got starved out in the middle of the woods and then the zombies came.

Was not action packed at all but it was fucking great.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

One of my favorite moments in gaming came from DayZ, I spawned and went into town at night and I hear/see a chopper take off. I go into town and there is NOTHING they raided all the building and the only things in there were the bodies of dead players. They even blew up the school house. I go to the closest town to that to find supplies but on my way I found a bandit who had no weapon on him and told him to just continue to town and I wont shoot him, he proceeded to the cleaned out town and as I move forward I see the body of a player he just killed. I make it to the other town but same story, its completely empty. I eventually just got starved out in the middle of the woods and then the zombies came.

That sounds amazing. Someday I'll get my ass in gear and give PC gaming another shot, but with new consoles on the horizon, probably not anytime soon. It sucks missing out on stuff like Day Z, though.

Fracas

#fuckonami

That sounds insane!

I'd be down for getting a group together. I'm not sure how I'd play; I know I'd be super cautious at first, but I'd eventually want to take risks. Getting a crew together and robbing people sounds really fun.
That sounds amazing. Someday I'll get my ass in gear and give PC gaming another shot, but with new consoles on the horizon, probably not anytime soon. It sucks missing out on stuff like Day Z, though.

Go buy BF3 Premium doofus, I need squadmates for donging. It's $29.99 at the Origin store

wwm0nkey

He has expressed interest in bringing it to consoles actually as long as there are no restrictions like the current ones have. Bohemia is also listed as a developer for the PS4.

That sounds insane!

I'd be down for getting a group together. I'm not sure how I'd play; I know I'd be super cautious at first, but I'd eventually want to take risks. Getting a crew together and robbing people sounds really fun.

How about we find a warehouse, I lure someone in there and then book it while you guys shoot the shit out of him from above and we take his stuff. You can be a total ass in that game and its glorious lol

Fotos

I'm down for that. That would be really fun. We need to get all of HaloGAF in one bus and kill everyone.

Madness

Oh, anyone who thinks Halo 4 is dead, you don't even want to see Gears of War Judgments numbers...

25,571 players playing right now, world wide.

That's just sad... I remember there being 900k people on launch night for Gears 2. But Epic has really done a number on the series. I was in line from 8 pm to buy Gears 2 and win sweet prizes at my local future shop. I get home, the game barely works. So much freaking lag, that the entire launch night was ruined. Everything was slower, and your character went flying randomly from smoke bombs tagged into walls. Issues plagued the whole matchmaking for months. Instead of a TU to fix problems, they released a new map pack.

Here is what IGN even said when the snowblind maps launched in the end of March nearly 5 months after launch.

"This article won't be about Gears of War 2's all but broken matchmaking system. This article won't talk about how I waited 15 minutes to find a match before chucking my controller on the ground in disgust and moving on to the more reliable Horde mode. This article will not mention that Epic has failed to fix the myriad of issues facing the troubled multiplayer system of Gears of War 2."

Gears 3 was obviously way better. But Gears 2 messing up so bad, really caused a lot of people to forget the series. I think Gears 3 didn't even last the top 5 on XBL within a month or two after launch. I think it dropped to 7th. I oersonally loved the multiplayer, but I know a lot of people hated it, they hated the sawn off, the hipfire retro lancer, and only really played horde.

And now this game, I haven't seen a single person on my friends list play it yet. Heck even I didn't pick it up and I was at midnight launches for each game. As I write this, the friends I have on right now are either playing black Ops 2 or tomb raider.

26k people worldwide within a day of launch. Damn.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
360 version!

Playing C4 cat-and-mouse with a tank is some of the most fun you can have in a game.
I can buy the 360 version on Origin?

Edit : Answered my own question. Yes I can! I thought Origin was PC digital only.

Didn't BS Angel say 1 AM Eastern...?

Where's my TU info. :mad:

^omg yay!

Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
Reduced the auto aim, magnetism and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
Fixed an issue in which some players at SR-130 did not see their Specialization on their in-game Player Card.
Fixed various issues with ordnance navigation markers.
Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.
Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.

Still no DMR nerf? Really? Really? Freaking hell man! 2 title updates later and they still don't nerf the DMR? What's wrong with 343! I don't even care if they can now nerf it without needing an update, the fact that after 5 months of complaints, and 2 opportunities later, they still don't nerf the DMR, is just sickening.

Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
Reduced the auto aim, magnetism and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
Fixed an issue in which some players at SR-130 did not see their Specialization on their in-game Player Card.
Fixed various issues with ordnance navigation markers.
Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.
Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.

TU notes.

Edit: Beaten.

But that last point means they can change the weapons easily right? So its not all doom and gloom...

wwm0nkey

Didn't BS Angel say 1 AM Eastern...?

Where's my TU info. :mad:

^omg yay!

Still no DMR nerf? Really? Really? Freaking hell man! 2 title updates later and they still don't nerf the DMR? What's wrong with 343! I don't even care if they can now nerf it without needing an update, the fact that after 5 months of complaints, and 2 opportunities later, they still don't nerf the DMR, is just sickening.

Something tells me we will hear more about weapon specific stuff at PAX...you know like they kind of said.

Yeah its sounding like we will hear weapon related stuff at PAX

We’ll be sharing more about the different things we can do with our soon-to-be-acquired weapon-tuning “knobs” in our PAX East panel, so keep your ear close to the ground for the latest on that particular aspect of the title update.

IHaveIce

Banned
Uh cop out.. weapon adjustment can be done, fine BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHICH WEAPONS ARE BEING TARGETED..

Camo nerf.. ok but the problem with camo isn't that.

Gauss- don#t play btb, but I guess it is good?

Flood JiP- whatever don't care.

Spec card- whatever don't care-

Ordinance markers fixed- thought it was already, didn't have problems since forever.

Best news is still X's coming back. And V3 settings for throwdown

Top Bottom