• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

The secret council last night got a preview of my introspective twitch study.

"Banjo Kazooie regulary beats Halo 4 with viewers, also on average 50% of Halo 4 streams are actually Halo 3 streams."

So with that said, Frankie PM me.

DeadNames

Banned
Alright guys, I'm happy to make some announcements. First and foremost, there's the beginning of:

B E L I E V E

It's a meta web series based on NeoGAF, and with HaloGAF at the foundation. There are two methods in which this could be delievered:

• A straight-to-youtube motion comic series with brief bits of straight-up animation instead of Terminal-styled "keyframed paintings"
  • A web series that progresses via page-based player interaction complete with suggestion box and occasional animated videos interspersed, similar to MSPaintAdventures / Andrew Hussie's current works.

That's up for the -2 fans to decide.

The story roughly follows the region of NeoGAF following an apocalyptic event known as "The Great Kerning," which was initiated by Micheal Dong "EazyB" Blain, having betrayed NeoGAF and banned for his crimes against e-humanity. The world has splintered into various city-states, ruled by several clans that encapsulate overall elements of GAF. Some examples include the Clan of Sound and Mind, the Clan of Forge and Craft, the Clan of Cats and Pizza, and so on. There are "ambassadors" which overlap between clans, as it's far from a black-and-white culmination of cultures; Sai being an ambassador between HaloGAF and PopGAF, for example. It's a far flung future where the land is suffering from constant war, and few will rise to power in an attempt to bring peace to the land once more.

Some concept art:

ibbm13BF7CMNvO.png

sk98RQ3.png

FGjBGCp.png

gEEOlIl.png

1N74Eio.png

an1Dv66.png

bJPIwcd.png

5bG7uwl.png

Coinciding with this will be the release of Believe: Volume One, which is the first in (hopefully many) albums that will be used to score the series. Some unexpected surprise people are helping with this. The current tracklist is as follows:

01. Salvatorum
02. Title Theme (Believe)
03. The Heretic
04. Call to Arms
05. Tournament
06. Halftime (feat. Tommy Dongblainer and Microsoft Sam)
07. Semifinals
08. The Cleanser
09. The Journey Begins
10. Clan of Beards and Brawls
11. Clan of Cats and Pizza
12. Clan of Men and Babes
13. Archbishop
14. Banned
15. Adagio For Alts
16. Echo, Zeta, Bravo
17. Bonus - Team Warwood
18. Bonus - Errant Stinkle
19. Bonus - Team SALT (Beta)
20. Bonus - Team SLRP (Beta)

An audio demo will be released on April 20th, 2013. Stay tuned!

Fuchsdh

Yup, Forge in 4 is much more appealing than Reach.

Too bad Halo 3 didn't launch with Juicy as default. Definitely felt more Halo to me too.

how has this thread not been locked yet

Maybe the mods feel like we'll burn ourselves out this |OT|. Speaking of which, who's making the next one? Preferably someone who will actually update the OT...

I really *like* Isolation, but I also liked the Flood aesthetic in Halo 3. If there hadn't been the portas, I don't think people would have gotten the same "crawling up the Gravemind's anus" feeling.*

*That, and if Cortana had been a better level. Would have been so awesome if we got some of the playspaces from Halo 2's High Charity.

Maybe the mods feel like we'll burn ourselves out this |OT|. Speaking of which, who's making the next one? Preferably someone who will actually update the OT...

I really *like* Isolation, but I also liked the Flood aesthetic in Halo 3. If there hadn't been the portas, I don't think people would have gotten the same "crawling up the Gravemind's anus" feeling.*

*That, and if Cortana had been a better level. Would have been so awesome if we got some of the playspaces from Halo 2's High Charity.

Isn't it Kyle when he returns from his ban?

IHaveIce

Banned
I like how I am sitting there in the background in the Wahrer comic doing nothing but staring at my icecone.

Keeping it real

edit: huh what is now the problem for you guys? Also watching Gandhi streaming Halo 4. Never played Skyline in Throwdown.. I'm jealous

HTupolev

Cortana would have benefitted from more Halo 2 High Charity-like space. You want plenty of flood stuff, but for the greatest impact you need to build the sense of familiarity with the location, so that the contrast is meaningful. Usually Halo 3 nailed this stuff (like in The Ark and The Covenant with its Halo 1 references), but it could have been done better in Cortana.

We actually got the bridge of a cruiser as one of our "High Charity" rooms... in an awesome world, we would have travelled back through the big Sanctum chamber to get to the room Cortana was in, and the Covenant doors and hallways would have been more Halo 2-ish.

Tawpgun

Its still puzzling as to what they're gonna do for Halo 5. Are the Didact and his Prometheans really going to make a comeback? Are we gonna get stuck fighting some rag tag covenant faction? STILL.

Fuchsdh

Cortana would have benefitted from more Halo 2 High Charity-like space. You want plenty of flood stuff, but for the greatest impact you need to build the sense of familiarity with the location, so that the contrast is meaningful. Usually Halo 3 nailed this stuff (like in The Ark and The Covenant with its Halo 1 references), but it could have been done better in Cortana.

We actually got the bridge of a cruiser as one of our "High Charity" rooms... in an awesome world, we would have travelled back through the big Sanctum chamber to get to the room Cortana was in, and the Covenant doors and hallways would have been more Halo 2-ish.

Apparently Halo 3 didn't have a mission designer set for Cortana for a long time, part of the reason that the level was split up with Floodgate, and part of the reason it wasn't great; I think we're definitely in agreement on the familiarity aspect.

As much as I dislike Halo 2's campaign overall, the scale of the (implied) environments would have been great to revisit.

Madness

Wouldn't it be fair for Dax to get it now? Since she did have dibs on this one after all...

I thought so too, but she hasn't really posted here in a long time, let's see what juices can come up with lol. This could make or break his potential career at 343.

But Dax has called it for a while. Hopefully she keeps up with this thread.

Top Bottom