• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Talents

Banned
Been looking through game reviews for the PS1 on IGN, one of the ones I saw was about Jade Cocoon, during the final verdict they said "Although the story mode take only 15 hours to beat, I found myself still battling co-workers with saved monsters."
Shame how that's considered a long game these days.

BigShow36

If there was ever a map that suffers the worst from the ease-of-aiming ruining a map, it's Sanctuary. I love the concept and the originals artwork, but the layout exacerbates the overreliance on teamshot something fierce. There is almost no place on the map where you can fight someone one-on-one without a teammate having an angle on you or them. Map is overrated and overplayed.

Havok

Finally got around to playing some of the community FFA playlist. I actually like a lot of these maps...though I couldn't tell you which because Forge map names almost always leave my mind immediately because they're just nonsense words. Except one:

Blacksite isn't very good. Or maybe it's just the hideous palette, I can't tell. Framerate went to crap a couple times when there were a bunch of people on screen and I was looking down the map from the sticky detonator spawn.

Not exactly sure why a free for all playlist has JIP when people quitting doesn't really matter. I'd like to start these matches from the beginning without having to resort to the Network menu trick, please. Why can't I have a toggle?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's Kiki. She posted once before she realized what a huge mistake she made lol. I don't blame her

If there was ever a map that suffers the worst from the ease-of-aiming ruining a map, it's Sanctuary. I love the concept and the originals artwork, but the layout exacerbates the overreliance on teamshot something fierce. There is almost no place on the map where you can fight someone one-on-one without a teammate having an angle on you or them. Map is overrated and overplayed.

I knew there was something I didn't like about Sanc, and I think you explained it perfectly. Definitely overrated.

Havok

is framerate a forge object?
I assume it comes packaged in with the "Botched Layout, Depressing" object. I even kind of like Asylum but I can't believe anyone made that while looking at Sanctuary and thought "Well, close enough!"
I like some of the changes in Asylum. There's a crack under the covers that you can shoot through and you can jump onto the rocks on the side and run along the map.
I don't know that I'd call crappy exploits "changes" necessarily.

Akai__

But I liked running along the map and getting to the other side, and the crack under the cover was useful. :(

Match on Asylum:

1. Pick camo
2. Go to Snipe
3. Wait until enemie picks snipe
4. Take him down
5. ?
6. Profit

Also, camping at various spots, like above the base or on the cliff, didn't help either. Once you got team control, no one had a chance.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Match on Asylum:

1. Pick camo
2. Go to Snipe
3. Wait until enemie picks snipe
4. Take him down
5. ?
6. Profit

Also, camping at various spots, like above the base or on the cliff, didn't help either. Once you got team control, no one had a chance.

You can put soft killzone on top of the bases, and along the cliff. Plus, as long as you don't play with gametypes that allow camo, it should play fine.

Nebula

I dunno dawgs... something about that map.

maybe I'm just strange because I didn't find Epitaph to be that bad either.

My you're just full of surprises.

Epitaph was OK in FFA. Only because I liked to abuse the Shotgun and shield doors. It was a joke in doubles.

I sort of liked Paradiso and Utopie. They were really unbalanced, though.

Utopie was a much better version that should have been the initial version we saw on release.

Akai__

Asylum was actually one of the few maps I could stand playing in Reach. That and Zealot.

I also liked Paradiso.

Map would be better, if people couldn't camp the mountain. I don't remember which team had the advantage, but it was pretty one sided.

You can put soft killzone on top of the bases, and along the cliff. Plus, as long as you don't play with gametypes that allow camo, it should play fine.

Yeah, but that wasn't mostly the case, but I would agree, if there wasn't still the huge line of sight, from snipe to snipe. :p

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Map would be better, if people couldn't camp the mountain. I don't remember which team had the advantage, but it was pretty one sided.

Yeah, but that wasn't mostly the case, but I would agree, if there wasn't still the huge line of sight, from snipe to snipe. :p

Paradiso and Utopie matches always end with one team controlling the Banshee(s) and tanks if it's Paradiso. :(

orznge

Banned
Yeah, tell that to the 100+ people who spend 2 years of their life working on it.

lol yeah I'm sure tons of people are hired as writers for insane-budget AAAAAAAAAA first person shooters and expect to produce a plot that's not creatively bankrupt garbage

Top Bottom