• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Nebula

Paradiso and Utopie matches always end with one team controlling the Banshee(s) and tanks if it's Paradiso. :(

Utopie wasn't so bad since it was an equal rush to Banshee, but the mountain still played a role in unbalancing the map. I'd loves to see a remake of it with a more balanced central structure/natural formation. Mind you I think I'm the only one here I enjoyed Utopie enough to want a remake.

Wasn't it one both sides?
nope.gif

You could easy modify it to be on both sides, though.

Well then, that just changes everything, huh? Except it's not the same map that you're advocating for then, same with all the other changes you listed. Crazy idea? Just do Sanctuary proper. You know, without the asymmetry and framerate issues and pop-in and exploits and inconsistencies and ignorant lines-of-sight and ...

Is there a story behind this that someone who's bored can explain?

Please don't.
Am I a casual bk?

No comment.

RoKKeR

Gonna be totally honest, my friend and I straight up laughed for a few minutes when we joined Forge Island for the first time. We hadn't seen what it looked like so we came in fresh.

3 circles, big medium small, and the most pathetic looking ocean/horizon in the distance? We lost it haha. I understand this is probably what people asked for but even still...pretty hilarious.

Gonna be totally honest, my friend and I straight up laughed for a few minutes straight when we joined Forge Island for the first time. We hasn't seen what it looked like so we came in fresh.

3 circles, big medium small, and the most pathetic looking ocean/horizon in the distance? We lost it haha. I understand this is probably what people asked for but even still...pretty hilarious.

image.php

Nebula

Gonna be totally honest, my friend and I straight up laughed for a few minutes straight when we joined Forge Island for the first time. We hasn't seen what it looked like so we came in fresh.

Less stuff to mess with framerate and nice large flat areas so we don't have to spend half the object limit/budget making a floor. Plus it's free.

Akai__

the sanctuary remake looks really good

To be honest, it could look a little better. Feels empty, somehow. And the trees on the top are unneccessary. :p

---

I hope Bungie is adding a "diet" version of the Grognok tool in Destiny. Would be amazing. :D

DeadNames

Banned

I think the ocean looks fine. Forge island has a nice tropical feel to it with somewhat washed out colors. it does look really good IMO.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Gonna be totally honest, my friend and I straight up laughed for a few minutes when we joined Forge Island for the first time. We hadn't seen what it looked like so we came in fresh.

It's really big, though, which is really the most important thing about it. Erosion, Ravine, and Impact were too small to make anything big.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

People bitched for large flat areas with no terrain deformities since launch. They add it for free and people laugh at it. GG.

RoKKeR

People bitched for large flat areas with no terrain deformities since launch. They add it for free and people laugh at it. GG.
Of course. Look, I think it's a great addition for those who wanted but the initial impression of the map's appearance is hilarious.

I'll be going now.

Not sure I get the funny here.

Its 3 flat areas because it was what the forging community required. Its basic in terms of textures and skybox so the majority of the limited power the 360 has can be devoted to making the maps stable and thus suitable for playing on.

It was never intended to be a graphic showcase or anything other than flat forging space.

DeadNames

Banned
I'm assuming everyone here has finished spartan ops, so I'll post this. If not,

SPOILERS AHEAD

How could Forge Island be there if Requiem got blown up?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a story behind this that someone who's bored can explain?
Booties referred to Dax as a "he" even after several people explained that Dax is a girl. And then when Dax said how hurtful it was for her, he replied with "Is this a call out?" and never apologized. Several other people acted really shitty and arrogant, too.

I'm not sure if there's more to the conflict than that, but that's what I read.

It's not even up there? Wow. :/

R.I.P in Peace Halo.
Holy shit, you're right. Damn. Feels like Halo really is dead. :-(

Akai__

Oh that's right. Damn.

The Infinity can simulate ANYTHING, yet they choose Forerunner buildings and boring gray/brown/white UNSC science bases.

GOOD GOING, INFINITY.

Would have been a really great opportunity for simulating the weather, terrain and backround on the map, too.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah the explanation for Infinity was hilarious.

"Can simulate any battleground" ... only creates crap maps that all look alike.

NO covenant map.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah the explanation for Infinity was hilarious.

"Can simulate any battleground" ... only creates crap maps that all look alike.

NO covenant map.

That was pretty disappointing. A Covenant map would look killer on Halo 4's engine.

Or a Flood one. RIP Isolation.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That's one thing next gen needs to have, dynamic weather. I don't want it to alter multiplayer games too much, but having a Halo 5 mission in campaign where it's early morning, foggy, and misting, and getting to see the water droplets on your armor as you military-crawl your way across an open dew-covered field with your sniper to get in position to scout a Covenant camp would be amazing.

DeadNames

Banned
That's one thing next gen needs to have, dynamic weather. I don't want it to alter multiplayer games too much, but having a Halo 5 mission in campaign where it's early morning, foggy, and misting, and getting to see the water droplets on your armor as you military-crawl your way across an open dew-covered field with your sniper to get in position to scout a Covenant camp would be amazing.

I'm genuinely excited to see what 343 can do with Halo 5.

Hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes too, which it seems like they've been doing.

Honestly, with how much 343 pushed Halo 4 on the 360 to have the graphics it does, that doesn't sound that far off for Halo 5.

Madness

The problem with Paradiso and the mountain was the fact that it was pretty hard and slow to traverse, and so you were vulnerable while making the climb. Add in the DMR, weapons like snipers and a splaser and vehicles like the banshee and it was entirely possible to dong on the other team unchallenged.

Imagine how complex would play if it was harder to shoot people on the top of the middle building, but that the team also had vehicles like the banshee and it's pretty open on the bases.

That's just my opinion though . I think that was one of the few maps where it was relatively easy for me to get rampage medals without using a vehicle.

That was pretty disappointing. A Covenant map would look killer on Halo 4's engine.

Or a Flood one. RIP Isolation.

Isolation would have been a great Halo 1 2v2 map, much like any other subpar map in Halo 3. The sandbox really screwed that game up..

Had there been a more reliable single shot precision weapon and better netcode, I'd probably still be playing Halo 3.

Nebula

The problem with Paradiso and the mountain was the fact that it was pretty hard and slow to traverse, and so you were vulnerable while making the climb. Add in the DMR, weapons like snipers and a splaser and vehicles like the banshee and it was entirely possible to dong on the other team unchallenged.

Imagine how complex would play if it was harder to shoot people on the top of the middle building, but that the team also had vehicles like the banshee and it's pretty open on the bases.

That's just my opinion though . I think that was one of the few maps where it was relatively easy for me to get rampage medals without using a vehicle.

Paradiso is an incredibly easy map to abuse whether you're in a vehicle or just DMR camping mountain. The fact that it's still in invasion after the removal of it from every other playlist when Utopie was introduced is hilarious. It's even easier to spawn camp on Paradiso in invasion and crap out sprees.

Isolation would have been a great Halo 1 2v2 map, much like any other subpar map in Halo 3. The sandbox really screwed that game up..

Had there been a more reliable single shot precision weapon and better netcode, I'd probably still be playing Halo 3.

I think a lot of us would be on Halo 3 if the netcode was better.

Top Bottom