• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
To the contrary, I'd never dreamed of it being mentioned. That's sort of why it's a big deal.

ModBot shut it down. That thread was quickly heading toward a massacre of gamers with a passing interest in Halo by diehard Halo fans.

It wouldn't have ended well for pretty much everyone in the thread. Had such a event occurred there would be a lot of fallout from it. plus I don't think Jurassic park gifs would help for such a debate.

Psycho i'll play spartan op's with you, unlike you Palmer really hasn't grown on me.

ElRenoRaven

I'd be happy to join you in Spartan Ops.

Cool. Feel free to pop a friend request. Tags the same as here.

It wouldn't have ended well for pretty much everyone in the thread. Had such a event occurred there would be a lot of fallout from it. plus I don't think Jurassic park gifs would help for such a debate.

Psycho i'll play spartan op's with you, unlike you Palmer really hasn't grown on me.

Same to you.

Well. Halo: Escalation will be over with its third issue. I had high expectation from it because Schlerf was writing the story behind it. Art didn't turn out great which is a big shame tbh. But back to the story: Escalation will be over with its 3rd issue. Escalation #4 has been moved to April and will get a new title according to several comic stores:
The UNSC Infinity is ambushed by an unexpected enemy while on a mission to rescue a damaged civilian freighter. Across the galaxy, an undercover Lasky enlists the help of an old friend in rooting out a spy inside the UNSC. • An all-new ongoing Halo series from Dark Horse! • An essential addition to the Halo canon! • The Halo franchise has sales eclipsing $3 billion over its lifetime! Comment [DM2]: This book is moving to April. Also, the title and numbering are changing

People also think DmC was better than the classic Devil May Cry games too. While not bad it doesn't come close to out classing the original 4

Sooo yeah, I am one of those people who liked the DmC reboot more.. honestly it was the most fun I have had in that type of action game since something like Kingdom Hearts. That said, I do get the comparison.

Well. Halo: Escalation will be over with its third issue. I had high expectation from it because Schlerf was writing the story behind it. Art didn't turn out great which is a big shame tbh. But back to the story: Escalation will be over with its 3rd issue. Escalation #4 has been moved to April and will get a new title according to several comic stores:

Interesting, perhaps they are shifting the focus of the story arc to other characters?

jfyGC78N4xZcV.png

I love these, please continue

ElRenoRaven

Well shows you how long it's been since I used my 360 headset. It appears to have worn out. So to those who wanted to play Spartan Ops it will probably be next weekend before I can now since I'm going to have to get a new one and I don't get paid till next Friday.

wwm0nkey

Killzone ShadowFall should just be a 10 hour version of that space mission, holy shit!

Got some big System Shock vibes from that and it really hit me with the VERY uncomfortable to listen to audio logs.

I want a new System Shock and open ended leveled Halo :(

Mistel

Banned
Well shows you how long it's been since I used my 360 headset. It appears to have worn out. So to those who wanted to play Spartan Ops it will probably be next weekend before I can now since I'm going to have to get a new one and I don't get paid till next Friday.

I don't even have one never saw the need for it, in fact I think I muted voice chat in the settings for reach and 4. So many whiny children ugh.

Greande Launcher top ten for the bored and nostalgic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8eAbtGgkhA

Sort of makes me want to play Reach.

Those medals are beautiful. If they don't return to that style and instead maintain the white text/half second flash of their own sticker book designs I will consider it a desecration and confirmation that they all hate Halo. Every one of them.

Excellent video, but stop being so childish!

My top 3 favorite weapons in Halo, in no particular order:
  • Grenade Launcher - So fun to use and required some finesse to it. Its many uses felt satisfying, especially when pulling off a long distance kill.
  • CE Plasma Rifle - Perfect weapon for close range that felt like a monster. Strafing around enemies while getting in close, stunning them, was fun. Being on the opposite side of that was also exciting because it was like an "OH SHIT think fast!" moment; "do I throw a grenade off this wall next to me or jump up or.." etc.
  • CE Pistol - A CHAMPION weapon that gave all players a chance without breaking the game or making many battles feel frustrating. Consistency, skillful, accessible, fun, rewarding, all packed into a tight little package. The BR was seen as broken by many people in Halo 3 (lol sad truth) because the rest of the sandbox was ass. Remember how many people wanted BR nerfs? Let's not even talk about that 3x hitscan DMR with bloom.. The CE Pistol is criminally misunderstood and represents what Halo's been needing for years; a powerful sandbox that's balanced through faster and skill-based gameplay, again while maintaining that accessibility.

ElRenoRaven

I don't even have one never saw the need for it, in fact I think I muted voice chat in the settings for reach and 4. So many whiny children ugh.

Ah. Yea I tend to play without my headset except when with friends. Most moved to PS4 though so I don't really have many on the 360 anymore. Course it helps that I have both consoles so I still get to play with those folks too.

I will have a playable version of Sabotage by next weekend and I'd like to beta test it with HaloGAF, Fucschd is the one who runs customs right?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I will have a playable version of Sabotage by next weekend and I'd like to beta test it with HaloGAF, Fucschd is the one who runs customs right?

I'll be hosting them next week. Tell you what, if you upload a YouTube video and some images, we can do a nice write up for HaloGaF.com. Maybe do a little interview or something. Thoughts?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Still need to finish Pokemon Y. Bought it back at launch but only played a couple hours. I liked what I played but I prefer the older games.

I'll be hosting them next week. Tell you what, if you upload a YouTube video and some images, we can do a nice write up for HaloGaF.com. Maybe do a little interview or something. Thoughts?

I don't have a capture card but I can take some screencaps, I was also going to be posting some kind of "tutorials" for people to understand the basics of the gametype during the next week.

A writeup with maybe some short video teases from the customs would be great to get people pumped for it and have something to look at till I release it.

Can you fuse an Oddball object with another object/Forge piece(s)/or Vehicle(s)?

Let's say fuse the oddball into a forklift. The amount of time you're carrying the ball/forklift while driving the vehicle around is the amount of points you and/or your team gains every round. That way the holder/driver is left vulnerable but has his/her team defend your lazy butt while you sit there and carry your team to oddliftforkball victory.

Can you fuse an Oddball object with another object/Forge piece(s)/or Vehicle(s)?

Let's say fuse the oddball into a forklift. The amount of time you're carrying the ball/forklift while driving the vehicle around is the amount of points you and/or your team gains every round. That way the holder/driver is left vulnerable but has his/her team defend your lazy butt while you sit there and carry your team to oddliftforkball victory.

Yes but I'm afraid not with the forkflit, warthogs and the like... yeah.

I think that's technically possible, but with hills.

Are you trying to make King of the Shenmue?

People also think DmC was better than the classic Devil May Cry games too. While not bad it doesn't come close to out classing the original 4

Dat final boss battle, mid battle cant begin if you dont hit the boss, he will just standing still.

I wish Microsoft make more Halo animated movies series focusing Kilo squad or Crimsom fireteam

Still need to finish Pokemon Y. Bought it back at launch but only played a couple hours. I liked what I played but I prefer the older games.

The plot is pretty good, darker and sinister than the other games but postgame is about pvp so I get bored pretty fast.

Dat final boss battle, mid battle cant begin if you dont hit the boss, he will just standing still.

I wish Microsoft make more Halo animated movies series focusing Kilo squad or Crimsom fireteam

The plot is pretty good, darker and sinister than the other games but postgame is about pvp so I get bored pretty fast.

so an entire movie about Halsey Hate?

TheOddOne

So it is not an ongoing comic anymore. That was fast.

Gabo, quick question - is it possible to weaponize objectives without planting them? Something like Hot Potato, basically, but you'd be manually arming the objective on the fly.

Gabo, quick question - is it possible to weaponize objectives without planting them? Something like Hot Potato, basically, but you'd be manually arming the objective on the fly.

Not sure what you're trying to say, can you give me another example :/

Edit. you mean like arming a bomb by having a player carrying the bomb for a time without actually touching the plant zone? If so, yes.

Not sure what you're trying to say, can you give me another example :/

Edit. you mean like arming a bomb by having a player carrying the bomb for a time without actually touching the plant zone? If so, yes.

Sort of. It'd be time-based, yes, but I'm asking if it's possible to actually toggle the explosion - for example, instead of pressing LT to throw, pressing LT would initiate a countdown, and then after 5 seconds it would cause an Assault Bomb-level explosion.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't have a capture card but I can take some screencaps, I was also going to be posting some kind of "tutorials" for people to understand the basics of the gametype during the next week.

A writeup with maybe some short video teases from the customs would be great to get people pumped for it and have something to look at till I release it.

Cool. I'll PM you tomorrow with details and stuff.

Sort of. It'd be time-based, yes, but I'm asking if it's possible to actually toggle the explosion - for example, instead of pressing LT to throw, pressing LT would initiate a countdown, and then after 5 seconds it would cause an Assault Bomb-level explosion.

There's a condition to check if a player is holding a button but it only works for the host and even then it doesn't work all the time, it's a very network dependant condition.

You could manually detonate it by checking if a player is inside a "detonator" boundary or by manually pressing a switch object like in Dominion or Extraction (that's how Sabotage's generators are locked to not take damage).

There's a condition to check if a player is holding a button but it only works for the host and even then it doesn't work all the time, it's a very network dependant condition.

You could manually detonate it by checking if a player is inside a "detonator" boundary or by manually pressing a switch object like in Dominion or Extraction (that's how Sabotage's generators are locked to not take damage).

What about just linking the explosion to a throw? Like, for example:

- Player picks up Oddball
- Player is holding the ball, no dormant, time-based explosion
- Player throws ball
- Ball throw starts a five-second timer
- At the end of this timer, the Oddball will explode and disappear for the duration of the round and never respawn

Or - and this is probably impossible - could you somehow establish a Dominion-esque switch to be permanently attached to the ball, even if it's not visible? I know it'd cause a prompt to be stuck at the bottom the entire time you were holding it, but could you then use the "action" button to start a countdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom