• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
No one lies on the internet
Of course they don't ...
shifty-eyes-o.gif

:p

I can't wait till I get my own boobs. Flat as a brick here.

Madness

How the heck do we go from solid discussion regarding weapons, map placement, skill usage vs fun usage and perceptions to talking about man boobs?

Moa

If anyone remembers Asphalt from Halo Reach BTB, would you like to see it made into an actual map?

I had ridiculous amounts of fun on it.

Only if there is a guarantee that the lightspeed glitch would be fixed.

Pissed me off how that map remained in matchmaking when that glitch would occur most commonly on the map because it was made entirely of Forge pieces.

Homeboyd

Pissed me off how that map remained in matchmaking when that glitch would occur most commonly on the map because it was made entirely of Forge pieces.
Did it actually piss you off tho?

IHaveIce

Banned

Oh god yes that was awful.

Though I would like to get a city map again, I loved Turf.

I didn't really have played on the Halo 4 map that is set in the City, well because it is a DLC map and you never see them

Nowise10

I'd give Spartan Assault a 7/10. Its a $15 dollar game, so your expectations shouldn't be set really high.. I can easily see the game isn't for everyone, but I'm going to give my quick taste on it.

My only complaints are the game is REALLY easy. I'd say only about a level or two gave me an actual challenge. Gold challenges helped with the difficulty and a challenge, but you also quickly realize how some missions are entirely based around the point boost perk. Which that is another thing, the point boost perk then takes away all the difficulty from earning Gold on missions, as you get about 3X the points you would usually get. So, yeah, the game is incredibly easy. I don't know why they decided to do that.

Another thing is Assault Ops. Specific challenges tied to specific missions. Well right of the back, I hate where they put the list for Assault Ops. The 3 Assault Ops challenges for every mission, should be under the mission you have on the mission select menu. Instead, they put it on its own tab on the mainmenu, where you then need to scroll all the way down to the mission you want, which is entirely inconvenient. Here are some pictures for reference:

Mainmenu where Assault Ops is found
The menu where you read the Assault Ops at, and where you need to scroll down each time
Where they should be at
Now, Assault Ops as a whole is also pretty bad. Alot of the "challenges" for missions are incredibly stupid, like, beat down 50 suicide grunts, or kill 50 Drones with plasma grenades (both of which, are real). Objectives that are incredibly tedious and require only the effort to keep restarting the missions over and over.

Co-op actually provides 2 challenging missions, HOWEVER, the 2nd time my friend and I played, we kept getting out of sync in the world, and on my screen my friend wouldnt be moving, but on his screen I wouldn't be moving. My weapons also disappeared at one point on a different missions. maybe our connections were bad, but it didnt seem like it.

The good thing to me though, as I did enjoy watching the short cutscenes. I didn't really have any idea what was going on in the game, and just assumed you were just doing various missions similar to Spartan Ops. But, it does provide me entertainment, Its a simple game. I would definitely enjoy it a lot more if it was actually challenging, with fun challenges, but I enjoy playing it. I'd rather the game be $10 then $15, though.

Nebula

Haha oh man I forgot about light speeding. That shit was hilarious. I also just remembered that you could get the wraith on the top floor by boosting over someone in Armour Lock next to the large base ramp.

MoobGAF lol.

Since Spartan Assault takes place in between Halo 3 - 4.. Would 343 & Vanguard go out of their way to create DLC to sorta bridge the gap in between 4 - 5? Spartan Assault: Chapter 2 or Cwimsooooon!

I think SpOps was planned to bridge that gap but it seems like demand, time & resources for a season 2 was dropped. I guess the Halo Comics is the only gap filler till Halo 5 comes out. Who knows really..

Mistel

Banned
I didn't really have played on the Halo 4 map that is set in the City, well because it is a DLC map and you never see them
Skyline I think it's called I've only used it to look at the hornet design to see what it looks like.

Asphalt was fun except for light speed, although seeing covenant vehicles ping off was hilarious. It got old once it happened most matches.

Isn't that a bit creepy Prinz?

IHaveIce

Banned
Skyline I think it's called I've only used it to look at the hornet design to see what it looks like.

Asphalt was fun except for light speed, although seeing covenant vehicles ping off was hilarious. It got old once it happened most matches.

Isn't that a bit creepy Prinz?

Ah no not Skyline, something with P I think, it is a big team map. I played Skyline a lot in Throwdown or in double team.

IHaveIce

Banned
I think I know what one. Perdition?

Yes! I like its looks alot, I have no idea of the layout or anything anymore.

I remember I played 2 KOTH games with GAF on it in the dlc playlist for it, but nothing more :(

I really like those urban maps, like I said Turf is great

Nebula

Yeah I didn't have high hopes of it. It's no headlong or turf, but the h4 BTB maps are meh so my expectations were low anyway.

We had a custom game on a Turf remake on Halo 4 a few months back and it was pretty good. Hope forge is good enough to give us the ability to bring it back again.

Mistel

Banned
We had a custom game on a Turf remake on Halo 4 a few months back and it was pretty good. Hope forge is good enough to give us the ability to bring it back again.
There's an interview with nilla and Pete a few pages back about forge stuff. I'll find it in a minute, I didn't like the magnets or lack of precision editing in 4.

blamite

Deej is answering questions in a thread on B.net. I found this part interesting...

Specifically that last part. Am I reading to much into this, or is that a hint at cross-platform play? You do sign into the game with your Bungie account, after all, and that can be linked to Xbox Live and/or PSN...

Deej is answering questions in a thread on B.net. I found this part interesting...

Specifically that last part. Am I reading to much into this, or is that a hint at cross-platform play? You do sign into the game with your Bungie account, after all, and that can be linked to Xbox Live and/or PSN...

Does that mean it'll be a Facebook game, too?

Oh it's not an Xbox one beta?
Soon

Pretty sure you are, he's just saying he has Xbox and Playstation tags.

ElRenoRaven

As much as I wish it did that will never happen. MS and Sony just won't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom