• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too funny:
BbKifOBCEAEiOOT.jpg

Also I see a test bed of 360's and........an X1 for Halo Xbox One. Go on let a screenshot slip next time.

You know Microsoft isn't doing itself favors with their XB1 photography. It's a little larger in some dimensions than the original Xbox but overall feels more svelte in comparison; yet their advertising pics all make it look like a monolithic black box.

I think that's intentional for the entertainment hub chasing. The slim design before this X1/360 redesign was my fav.

Fuchsdh

I think that's intentional for the entertainment hub chasing. The slim design before this X1/360 redesign was my fav.

It's certainly one of the nicer console designs. I still prefer the brickier X1 to that slanting, "I'm meelltting" PS4 design though. Not to mention hiding your buttons seems like a backstep in usability.

At one point I was going to pick up one of the Reach editions because I didn't want to get one of the first-revision glossy Slims (and besides, I wanted Halo.) Still to my eyes the best LE Xbox console we've seen. Nice and understated.

If you fire up Halo 4 now and play Haven slayer legendary BR vote variant isn't that damn close to the GIF? I know launch wasn't that classic clean cut setting but I think it's there now.

so glad that 343 confines people who like classic halo into a small corner.

and no, it wouldn't be damn close because there's sprinting.

Ghazi

Ah, what happened with that?
Was it released?

Edit: just looked at the kickstarter page. Guess it isn't out yet.

I didn't know this was happening, just looked it up, please tell me they'll be distributing it through Amazon or anywhere else as well ! I'm going to regret missing this I can already tell :(

well that went about as expected

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2810974_Hire-Juices.aspx#post2810974

nice to see pentinant tangent with the first reply on waypoint
You know me, I always come in hot.
Yeah Waypoint rules are quite clear for us to follow this stuff. I laughed at the thread personally but the bits like this force me as a mod into action:

Juices you're also gathering a Waypoint history so a temp ban is likely mate. Anyhow anything else mod related please PM, I won't post about it in the wild again.

I fucking lost it here. I think you should let juices do whatever he wants. He is the chosen one of Halo. Also, don't fire me
F
UNKNOWN.

I also lost it at Nebula's post in the thread. Fucking nailed the average Waypointer.

Fuchsdh

Wow I just realized what Halo 4 was missing.

We need PFC Chips Dubbo back.

Him and the rest of the classic marines.

While I don't have much in the way of fondness for some of the Aliens-ripoff feel to the original game, I do like my Marines sarcastic and quick with a quip.

Halo 2 was the pinnacle though.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/h2dialogue/marine_cross/marine24_20050701.mp3

If you haven't ever gone through the dialogue databanks on HBO, you're missing out. http://halo.bungie.org/misc/h2dialogue.html

heckfu

Banned
I'll be starting a new HaloGaf feature this week that goes live on Sunday with weekly installments.

HaloGaf Cool Guy or Gal of the Week!

I'll pick (at random, really) a person and send them a questionnaire about love, life, and the pursuit of Halo.

Prepare.

HTupolev

While I don't have much in the way of fondness for some of the Aliens-ripoff feel to the original game, I do like my Marines sarcastic and quick with a quip.

Halo 2 was the pinnacle though.
:/

Halo 2's scripted dialogue is indeed very pinnacleish.

Halo 2's dynamic dialogue is... eh. The marines sound like they don't care about anything happening in the world around them. And the elites sound like a high school kid was really bored in the sound studio one night after reading some shakespeare for an English class they hate.

Ataxia

:/

Halo 2's scripted dialogue is indeed very pinnacleish.

Halo 2's dynamic dialogue is... eh. The marines sound like they don't care about anything happening in the world around them. And the elites sound like a high school kid was really bored in the sound studio one night after reading some shakespeare for an English class they hate.

:O

but

IHaveIce

Banned
I'll be starting a new HaloGaf feature this week that goes live on Sunday with weekly installments.

I'll pick (at random, really) a person and send them a questionnaire about love, life, and the pursuit of Halo.

Prepare.
Pick meeee

Also who cares about a temp ban on waypoint I had like 3 or 4 already.

Site is a joke

Vico

Prepare.

Will we get asked what's the size of our frankie erotica folder?

(Makes me think I should answer that junior survey.)

Mistel

Banned
all probably nsfw
probably the one you wanted: http://i.imgur.com/J0NVeL4.gif
although this one could be it, it's during the pool scene: http://i.imgur.com/9C0AMLf.gif
this is the best one(definitely not the one you're looking for), and the quality is shit because i could only find this one: http://i.imgur.com/jfp24tB.gif

Thanks I'll use them at some point but as this thread is SFW they will be links, or another redhead thread pops that's NSFW I'll post them.

As for the different marine voices did halo 4 have a crazy / suicidal marine. Stacker was a nice inclusion but the voices could have done with dubbo and others included.

I wake up to to Sins of a Solar Empire mods and an attractive Czech redhead that looks like Christina Hendricks.

Have i missed anything important besides those two things?

any Bald Scotsman News?

Mistel

Banned
I wake up to to Sins of a Solar Empire mods and an attractive Czech redhead that looks like Christina Hendricks.

Have i missed anything important besides those two things?

any Bald Scotsman News?

If you like the GIF's I suggest watching the film muzi v nadeji it's on YouTube with English subtitles, I would link it but she's topless and there is sex scenes so very NSFW.

Why not gabatron for the community member thing all those game types can't be wrong?

IRQ

Banned
Spartans!!

This is what My friend just did while we at work.

He did that on his Ipad with his fingers :D Pretty Amazing so I thought of posting it here

For anyone wondering how I got the sentry turret AA to recognize enemy generators as enemy players to shoot, here is what I did:

I spawned a forge monitor (Megalo recognizes them as an uncontrolled player biped like the ones in Reach's chess gametype).

I attach the monitor inside the middle generator core.

I hide the monitor's model texture but keep it's physical properties.

I make it so that the monitor can't be destroyed (by player fire, I delete it once the generator health is zero or less).

I make it so that it belongs to the sabotagers (blue team).

It's tricky as hell but it works.

Ataxia

Hey Spartans :D

This is what My friend just did while we at work.

He did that on his Ipad with his fingers :D Pretty Amazing so I thought of posting it here

>

You've failed at that image link three times now.

Halo_Ipad_Draw.jpg

It looks traced. If not, I'm almost convinced it has been done with a tablet.

If you like the GIF's I suggest watching the film muzi v nadeji it's on YouTube with English subtitles, I would link it but she's topless and there is sex scenes so very NSFW.

Why not gabatron for the community member thing all those game types can't be wrong?

Gabo totally deserves all that recognition but the rules don't allow modded content unless it's Halo PC.

Caayn

Just played my first 4 (technically only 2) matches of Halo 4 again. (God the 360 controller is clunky compared to the One)
My impressions:
Map selection doesn't seem that varied. Second and third matches I had the option to vote for: Infinity slayer on Haven, Team slayer on abandon or legendary slayer on shutout. In that exact same order. Only on the fourth searched I had different options. But this time only the modes were switched and abandon was swapped for a forge map.

I instantly quited the first two matches, first one was a JiP into a 19-2 score game with lag. And the second one was a infinity slayer game. Sorry but there's no way that I'm going to play infinity style multiplayer modes again.

My third and fourth matches were legendary slayer(hooray). Still I got bored really quick with them and it raised a few questions. Why are weapon indicators still in this game, especially in a legendary gamemode? Why are sprint and flynch present in this mode? Was the BR always this spray&pray friendly, can't remember that it was?

IRQ

Banned
Just played my first 4 (technically only 2) matches of Halo 4 again. (God the 360 controller is clunky compared to the One)
My impressions:
Map selection doesn't seem that varied. Second and third matches I had the option to vote for: Infinity slayer on Haven, Team slayer on abandon or legendary slayer on shutout. In that exact same order. Only on the fourth searched I had different options. But this time only the modes were switched and abandon was swapped for a forge map.

I instantly quited the first two matches, first one was a JiP into a 19-2 score game with lag. And the second one was a infinity slayer game. Sorry but there's no way that I'm going to play infinity style multiplayer modes again.

My third and fourth matches were legendary slayer(hooray). Still I got bored really quick with them and it raised a few questions. Why are weapon indicators still in this game, especially in a legendary gamemode? Why are sprint and flynch present in this mode? Was the BR always this spray&pray friendly, can't remember that it was?

I love Halo. My favorite game ever. But I stopped playing Halo 4 MP i month after the release. Didn't feel Halo to me at all. If i wanted a game with perks and what not, I got COD.

Now am playing BF4 on X1. Very satisfied with it. Too Bad

FYC

Banned
Thought I might try replaying all the campaigns on Legendary, starting from the beginning. I suck shit at Legendary Solo in CE. I can't tell you how many times I died at the grav lift part in Truth & Reconcilliation. Bah.

Thought I might try replaying all the campaigns on Legendary, starting from the beginning. I suck shit at Legendary Solo in CE. I can't tell you how many times I died at the grav lift part in Truth & Reconcilliation. Bah.

Save the sniper, spam plasmas and time camo for when you most need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom