• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

I really liked the story and voice acting though. Got somewhat tedious by the end but I really liked it. At one part, I was so invested and got upset at something that happened that I just turned the system off lol.

Downloaded their Wolf Among Us, free episode, hopefully it plays better. I can't wait to see what their Game of Thrones version will be like. I finished the first book within a day, will aim to finish all of them within a week, not really busy till the 5th of Jan as it is.

I really liked the story and voice acting though. Got somewhat tedious by the end but I really liked it. At one part, I was so invested and got upset at something that happened that I just turned the system off lol.

Downloaded their Wolf Among Us, free episode, hopefully it plays better. I can't wait to see what their Game of Thrones version will be like. I finished the first book within a day, will aim to finish all of them within a week, not really busy till the 5th of Jan as it is.

And by that, you mean it took you 24 straight hours? That's stupid fast.

In any case, slow down. Shit doesn't stay as simple as the first book for very long.

Nice do you have a link for it? Animatronics look so much better than CGI does compare the 1984 to the 2011 thing to see my point, hopefully Jurassic World is full of them.

Sold to me by a personal contact, and sadly not something you can buy online.

JP3 is a shit movie.

Fixed.

Hey Dani, I found a few pieces of concept art for FuD's galleries.

079b.jpg

064.jpg

088.jpg

The ones above came from Dorje Bellbrook's blog. You can do a tag search for Halo 3 ODST or Reach.

reach_paintover2.jpg

hover.jpg

These came from Ryan DeMita, who apparently was doing an internship at Bungie during Reach. You can't do a tag search, but just have to look manually through for Halo related concepts.

It's beautiful.

YNwPE.gif

Seriously though, damn. That's not a short book.

Madness

YNwPE.gif

Seriously though, damn. That's not a short book.

Couldn't stop reading it. All I did pretty much, only read a few chapters of clash of kings so far. I can see why so many book readers loved reading it. Though it's kind of weird since I know what happens to season 3 pretty much. I mean the first book, was almost identical to the first season.

Couldn't stop reading it. All I did pretty much, only read a few chapters of clash of kings so far. I can see why so many book readers loved reading it. Though it's kind of weird since I know what happens to season 3 pretty much. I mean the first book, was almost identical to the first season.

image.php

Yeah I assume your pace will slow because the rest of it isn't as identical as the first book is.

I liked Ryan Mccaffrey more when he was a senior editor for Official Xbox Magazine. Nothing wrong with being a fanboy, or having a major preference for a brand, but basically Microsoft Shilling a lot more tolerable when you worked for XBOX magazine, and not a general gaming site.

His work is great though. Loved his reviews on OXM.
There absolutely is if you want anyone to take you seriously as a games "journalist."

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm a fucking slow ass reader lol. Sometimes I get into the groove and pound the pages out but usually it takes me a long time to get through a book.

Madness

This is why I don't really pay attention to so called journos or 'editors' in the social media and blogs era. This guy is really not better than the rest of us when it comes to games or Halo except he works at IGN. I mean, geez, it takes two seconds to see its fake, because the community manager at 343 already said it's fake, but no, he has to show how professional he is and 'confirm with MS'.

I'm sorry if that sounds somewhat juvenile or insulting, but it's the truth. It's why I don't really post on gaming side much when the thread is 'so and so says this' as if, in the grand of scheme of things, it really matters.

This is why I don't really pay attention to so called journos or 'editors' in the social media and blogs era. This guy is really not better than the rest of us when it comes to games or Halo except he works at IGN. I mean, geez, it takes two seconds to see its fake, because the community manager at 343 already said it's fake, but no, he has to show how professional he is and 'confirm with MS'.

I'm sorry if that sounds somewhat juvenile or insulting, but it's the truth. It's why I don't really post on gaming side much when the thread is 'so and so says this' as if, in the grand of scheme of things, it really matters.
Too be fair, wasn't it him that kept insisting on Halo 1 being remade even though 343 kept confirming that "it isn't being worked on" and "isn't planned" like a month before the announcement. :p

Dude's getting paid either way, what's he care?
True enough, from solely self-serving standpoint he shouldn't give a shit if he still gets paid, but it's pretty toxic to the industry, not to mention any form of rational and objective criticism. But who cares about any of that, right?

Madness

I'm a fucking slow ass reader lol. Sometimes I get into the groove and pound the pages out but usually it takes me a long time to get through a book.

For me, once I'm in the groove, I don't stop. Forget pretty much all else. It's a huge problem and why my gaming has gone downhill. I like to play for hours at a time, really get into it and then play every day and that's how I get good. But nowadays, I barely have an hour or two to play, and it's just not enjoyable. I got all the paperback versions as a Christmas gift from a cousin. Just got really into the first book, couldn't put it down. Read it well into the night. Will try to slow down, but hopefully, I can finish them all while I have this break/free time.

Mistel

Banned
Sold to me by a personal contact, and sadly not something you can buy online.
Ah well that sucks who wouldn't want such a thing
tumblr_mg741uJoaj1ropz48o1_500.gif
:p

I do agree the 3 jurassic park film is awful though not even stuff to gif apart from that fight. Inverted controls are counterintuitive why would anyone use them.

Mistel

Banned
I was hoping that entire family would all get eaten by the Spinosaurus in the first 10 minutes and then the Spinosaurus would choke and die; and then Alan Grant would ride the T-Rex into the sunset.
Studies performed on the spinosaurid Baryonx suggest that they consumed fish and small vertebrates, this one based on isotope analysis suggests that spinosaurus was semi aquatic. Not to mention that these where much heavier than a T-rex (estimates of roughly 20 tons). Plus your ending happened in ice age 3.

Omni

Anyone else notice that the RFB or whatever in BF4 looks a lot like the DMR in Halo Reach? Thought it was pretty cool.

Fuchsdh

He's interesting to listen to on Podcast Unlocked and seems like a decent guy in person, but I think you hit the nail on the head. Games journalism isn't like regular journalism. You're likely not the expert on a lot of topics you cover, and you have to be a lot more responsive.

I really don't know if we'll ever get a decent games outlet unless it's essentially run as a non-profit and doesn't track page views. Page views have killed Internet news for me.

Mistel

Banned
I laughed out loud at the Windows Metro interface on the Stick Det

Sticky detonator now with Windows 8 :p nice animations though. But I do have a soft spot for rag doll deaths instead of the one's we got in four, makes deaths easier to recognise especially in multiplayer.

You know. The one thing that was pretty damn good in Halo 4 was the animation. You have to admit that even if you hate it. That video shows why too.
I think the problem with the Prometheans Animation was it looked too flashy. The Reel says otherwise but the execution added into the retail version shows how robotic their body language was. Kinda hard to appreciate their design if there's no Campaign theater mode or when their bodies being vaporized into Digitized particles every single time they die.

Marcellus Wallace worked on Halo 4 animations?

Why does the lighting and all of that look so much more polished in that animation reel? It's especially evident on the storm rifle. I know I've said I want more armor finishes in the future, but seeing everything all "matte" like that was actually kind of charming. I guess Halo 4 made everything look like it was covered in vaseline, though.

Mistel

Banned

Why does the lighting and all of that look so much more polished in that animation reel? It's especially evident on the storm rifle. I know I've said I want more armor finishes in the future, but seeing everything all "matte" like that was actually kind of charming. I guess Halo 4 made everything look like it was covered in vaseline, though.

The finish does look more finished in that reel, the storm rifle looks ugly in the game but not in the reel. Why was campaign theater cut any way?

TheOddOne

It is common in the industry to make high and low poly versions of models. This gives a short rundown of the effect it is has on performance of a game engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom