• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
XZadJCO.png

Come on, man.

and yes i did post my own tweet

Karl2177

Hey Dani, I found a few pieces of concept art for FuD's galleries.

079b.jpg

064.jpg

088.jpg

The ones above came from Dorje Bellbrook's blog. You can do a tag search for Halo 3 ODST or Reach.

reach_paintover2.jpg

hover.jpg

These came from Ryan DeMita, who apparently was doing an internship at Bungie during Reach. You can't do a tag search, but just have to look manually through for Halo related concepts.

Fuchsdh

Edit: all I'm saying is, it's not unreasonable to expect digital games to be cheaper than their physical releases counterparts, or for game prices to drop, even slightly if gaming went all digital.

I'm not arguing with you. They could certainly be nice and charge us $50 or $55 for new digital releases and keep the same relative margins. But that's capitalism for you, and you can certainly vote with your wallet.

(By the same token, I really don't get the complaints about game costs when you factor in how much you get for your buck. People on GAF were complaining about Gone Home's price the same time they were praising it, because 20 bucks for a 4 or 5 hour experience is still a good exchange rate when you compare it to things like films, and for AAA games you're getting scores if not hundreds if not thousands of hours of playtime. Halo 4 prolly cost me something like a cent or two for every game I've played, dropping week by week, and if you factor in enjoyment even a cynic would say that the previous games were even better values at their full costs.)

079b.jpg

Damn, that's got more personality than whole levels in Halo and whole AAA games. I suppose that's Crater?

Mistel

Banned
I apologize, I hadn't realized.
That is Tashi, our Halo Sage/Guru/Wizard/Savior

Tashi:
Can I be on the podcast now?

No problem it's fine it's not exactly obvious from my user name. That crater concept art is beautiful wow.

Mix

go buy Brothers for $5 please

Will do, is it really that good?

Also, I started a new job working at IBEX GLOBAL, it's a call center in town that just opened up. I do customer service to sales for the South Eastern US and I'm buying an Xbox One with my first $800 pay check on the 20th :3

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

079b.jpg

064.jpg

088.jpg

The ones above came from Dorje Bellbrook's blog. You can do a tag search for Halo 3 ODST or Reach.

reach_paintover2.jpg

hover.jpg

These came from Ryan DeMita, who apparently was doing an internship at Bungie during Reach. You can't do a tag search, but just have to look manually through for Halo related concepts.

Oh wow, thanks for these. Some old, but some new. Much appreciated.

Fuck, we've been made! #Kappa
you're the reason it was bad, I gave you people Gold. PURE FUCKING GOLD.

I love you Ian, you not bad kid, you GG

to be honest, it wasn't that the topics or discussion was bad, it was probably a bit crowded for its own good, and the recording quality itself was pretty bad. i've learned a lot since then, and could probably put together a halfway decent podcast if i really wanted to.
I think it was me, enfinit, ex-wife, Mix, and my buddy nathan. I think there was maybe a 6th, I can't remember though.
<3 u buddy

&#12541;&#3900;&#3720;&#1604;&#860;&#3720;&#3901;&#65417;&#65331;&#65324;&#65313;&#65325; &#65337;&#65327;&#65333;&#65330; &#65322;&#65313;&#65325;&#12541;&#3900;&#3720;&#1604;&#860;&#3720;&#3901;&#65417;

Also

gARH5BT.png

What would be nice would be if 343 comes out with some stuff when the countdown runs out anyway for shiggles.

Media blowout 343 minutes after the countdown ends. Aww yiss.

I liked Ryan Mccaffrey more when he was a senior editor for Official Xbox Magazine. Nothing wrong with being a fanboy, or having a major preference for a brand, but basically Microsoft Shilling a lot more tolerable when you worked for XBOX magazine, and not a general gaming site.

His work is great though. Loved his reviews on OXM.

Ramirez

sounds like you cant play a game without inverted controls, freak.

I actually enjoyed TWD at first, but the more chapters I played, the more tedious it got. The story wasn't that great either, got to the train part and kept falling asleep (literally), so I gave up.

And can't play without inverted controls, what do I look like, someone from Alabama?

Tunavi

Banned
I actually enjoyed TWD at first, but the more chapters I played, the more tedious it got. The story wasn't that great either, got to the train part and kept falling asleep (literally), so I gave up.

And can't play without inverted controls, what do I look like, someone from Alabama?
hahah i guess i got you and heckfu mixed up.

anyway, brothers doesn't have any filler like walking dead had. much more concise. really great environments as well

I liked Ryan Mccaffrey more when he was a senior editor for Official Xbox Magazine. Nothing wrong with being a fanboy, or having a major preference for a brand, but basically Microsoft Shilling a lot more tolerable when you worked for XBOX magazine, and not a general gaming site.

His work is great though. Loved his reviews on OXM.

the dude is a shit. gave halo 4 a higher score than it deserved, and he's a shit on twitter.

Ramirez

Anyone who liked TWD should play Hotel Dusk, a game with fun puzzles, good writing, and great characters. I can't help my taste has ascended to the heavens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom